HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Beyerdynamics DT 770 Pro 80 Ohm Detachable Mod

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-09-2018, 05:16 PM   #1

Beyerdynamics DT 770 Pro 80 Ohm Detachable Mod

Recently purchased Beyerdynamics DT 770 on carousell with 9.9 /10 condition after reading reviews on audiophile forums about how it was more superior than ATH-M50x.

Was very please with my DT 770 purchase but was very annoyed by the nondetachable 3.5mm cable. So i did some research and found out that some people performed detachable cable mod on the DT 770. However, i was not confident about doing it myself and was afraid of ruining the headphone.

Luckily, Mr. Yong from SGAudiohive provided such detachable modding service. The price was very reasonable. $60 for workmanship and $55 for the oxygen-free copper with silver plated 1.6m long 3 pin Mini-XLR to 3.5mm Male Jack. He even gave me a $5 discount, bringing the total down to SGD$110. He also provided 30 days warrenty on his modded headphones.

https://imgur.com/a/GvlSl0c

His shop is located at Block 3014 Ubi road 1 #01-278 Singapore 408702. Search "Kemprint" on google maps as he is sharing a workshop with a printing company. Mr. Yong is a very polite and audio professional who knows his stuff. Definitely recommend to anyone who wish to do detachable mod on their headphones.

Last edited by neoslover; 13-09-2018 at 05:25 PM..
neoslover is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.