Bose QC25 NC dead due to battery leak

frenzzsg

Reaction score
This post is prob my last hope for my Bose QC25...:(

My QC25 died on me (The NC function) suddenly during my flight back from HK.
Yes, suddenly!! I saw the light blinked indicating batt low, switched it off, swap with a new energizer batt and that's it. It died, never get to turn on again. :( Swap a few batteries, didnt work.

Bought down to Atlas, was told current leak from battery and there is nothing they can do (beyond repair, plus my warranty expires 6mths ago). Offered me a pathetic trade in to get a brand new QC25 @ $467, where i bought mine @ $450. Really dunno to laugh or to punch that guy. sighs.

To be very honest, i really love my QC25 since the day i got it (Aug 2015, less than 2yrs usage). Love the NC, love the comfort. It had been my best companions for flights. 2hrs - 20hrs, light & comfy. It can still be used now without the NC but then what's the point? Haiz...

So if anyone has encountered the same prob and managed to solve it or have any contact that might a chance to repair the head, can u pls pls pm me? many many thanks in advance.

This is the official reply from BOSE global

"Thank you for your feedback. Headphones are a non-repairable item that have a one year warranty. In most cases we offer instead of repair is service option of replacement. If the headset is out of warranty you still are eligible for the service option however you are assessed a fee. the current exchange on a non warranty headset is 25% off the local cost of the headset. The headset does not cause the battery to leak its acid. All batteries leak, especially dead alkaline batteries. All batteries self-discharge whether installed or not. Many appliances have a significant standby power drain, including remotes and mobile phones and powered headsets. In the headset, an additional small current is always pulled even when the item is turned "off" This is sometimes called "parasitic drain" and is often considered a feature not a flaw - similar to how a car's electronics are always instantly available. This drain is easily eliminated by removing the battery from the headset. To continue with your service please visit Atlas CARE Centre."

LittleFox

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wah, I can feel ur pain :(

But then look on the brighter side, old don't go new don't come :o

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.