Cable issue on headphones

klaha81

Reaction score
Hi guys,

i own a pair of Mr Speakers Alpha Prime. The right side of the stock cable has no sound. I am quite sure its the cable wires that are giving issues as i have done the following tests..

1) Tested a spare cable and the headphones work fine
2) Swapped sides on the stock cable on the headphones and each headphone side took turns to be muted.

I removed the hirose metal connectors on the cable using a small allen key and found out that the wiring has snapped at the ends internally on the connectors which means probably it requires resoldering. I do not want to buy another stock cable as it is expensive (to say the least)

Anyone knows where i can go about repairing the cable, someone told me to go to Sim Lim Tower to try my luck but if theres anyone here who have experience in repairs/re-soldering and willing to help me (i will pay of course) or knows of any shop who could do this in the east?

xuan87

Reaction score
You may want to try SG Hive audio as they are in the east, or wait for any diyer to volunteer their service.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.