HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Cheap headset recommendation

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By GreenTea97

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2020, 06:25 PM   #1

Cheap headset recommendation

Hi everyone just looking for a budget headset, something that preferably costs lesser than $100 (even better if it's around $50 to $60 ), I know most people would recommend a separate mic and headset rather than a gaming headset but I do really like the fact that there's a built in mic which is pretty convenient so are there any recommended "gaming" headsets that sound decent, has a good mic and fit my budget? would appreciate any input, thank you!
GreenTea97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 10:22 PM   #2

Hi GreenTea97

Maybe you can check out a website called RTings. They've ranked some gaming headsets. Also check out namely the HyperX Cloud Stinger (~80SGD Lazada) on their budget recommendations page.

I think that the Coolermaster MH751 (~110SGD Lazada) is also a decent choice and there's a video by Zeos (a well-known albeit a little controversial youtuber) about it.

Or if you have an existing headphone you want to keep using you can look into getting a 'AntLion Mod Mic' or something similar which you can attach to your headphone! The ModMic is a little on the expensive side, but it will definitely sound a lot better than the built-in mics on any gaming headset barring the real high-end ones. If you want to get anything on Lazada, the National Day Sale is coming up so look out for vouchers.

Cheers man

Hi everyone just looking for a budget headset, something that preferably costs lesser than $100 (even better if it's around $50 to $60 ), I know most people would recommend a separate mic and headset rather than a gaming headset but I do really like the fact that there's a built in mic which is pretty convenient so are there any recommended "gaming" headsets that sound decent, has a good mic and fit my budget? would appreciate any input, thank you!
k0fuku1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 09:35 AM   #3

Hi GreenTea97

Maybe you can check out a website called RTings. They've ranked some gaming headsets. Also check out namely the HyperX Cloud Stinger (~80SGD Lazada) on their budget recommendations page.

I think that the Coolermaster MH751 (~110SGD Lazada) is also a decent choice and there's a video by Zeos (a well-known albeit a little controversial youtuber) about it.

Or if you have an existing headphone you want to keep using you can look into getting a 'AntLion Mod Mic' or something similar which you can attach to your headphone! The ModMic is a little on the expensive side, but it will definitely sound a lot better than the built-in mics on any gaming headset barring the real high-end ones. If you want to get anything on Lazada, the National Day Sale is coming up so look out for vouchers.

Cheers man
Thank you so much for the elaborate write up! I have heard good things about hyperx however the stinger just looks a little too "gamey" for me other than the ones u have mentioned, the only other headsets that i can find below $100 are the hyperx cloud core, razer kraken pro v2 (this is surprisingly only $65 which is really tempting lol) and the kraken x, have u tried or would recommend any of them?
Old 08-08-2020, 10:55 AM   #4

IMO, I'd skip over the Razer headphones. They're not particularly amazing in any regard and Razer's build quality is a bit questionable. But the upside is that a lot of retailers carry them so you can go down to a physical store try them before buying, though that might be a bit difficult right now.

As for the Cloud Core, I can't really find it on the HyperX's website but I've heard good things about the entire line in general. The original Cloud is a rebrand of the Takstar Pro80 which is a 'more respectable' product compared to other gaming headsets. The Coolermaster MH751 is in a similar situation where it is a rebranded Takstar Pro82.

I would highly recommend going to a physical store if you can and try out different headsets. If I had to make a blind-buy rec, I'd say skip the Razer go for HyperX / Coolermaster.

Thank you so much for the elaborate write up! I have heard good things about hyperx however the stinger just looks a little too "gamey" for me other than the ones u have mentioned, the only other headsets that i can find below $100 are the hyperx cloud core, razer kraken pro v2 (this is surprisingly only $65 which is really tempting lol) and the kraken x, have u tried or would recommend any of them?
k0fuku1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 12:46 PM   #5

IMO, I'd skip over the Razer headphones. They're not particularly amazing in any regard and Razer's build quality is a bit questionable. But the upside is that a lot of retailers carry them so you can go down to a physical store try them before buying, though that might be a bit difficult right now.

As for the Cloud Core, I can't really find it on the HyperX's website but I've heard good things about the entire line in general. The original Cloud is a rebrand of the Takstar Pro80 which is a 'more respectable' product compared to other gaming headsets. The Coolermaster MH751 is in a similar situation where it is a rebranded Takstar Pro82.

I would highly recommend going to a physical store if you can and try out different headsets. If I had to make a blind-buy rec, I'd say skip the Razer go for HyperX / Coolermaster.
Thanks again! after much consideration I went ahead and ordered a pair of cloud cores, hopefully they'll sound great and last me at least a few years
k0fuku1 likes this.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.