HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Creative Outlier Air truly wireless earphones

Like Tree91Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2019, 09:31 PM   #1231
Arch-Supremacy Member

Both. My old Sony MP3 player is on BT 4 and all of my Bluetooth gears experienced cutout, not just the TWS. No problem with my S10+ though~
I have Sony NW-A45, works well with cheap tw as well as Creative Outlier Gold and Sony WF-1000 XM3.
stillgottheblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 09:33 PM   #1232
Master Member

i have a hiby r3 with bluetooth 4.1. also experience cutout sometimes when walking around hdb blocks. no such problems when running or when training at the gym though

using it with essential phone (BT5) wont have cutouts when walking anywhere though
MrMundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 11:48 PM   #1233
Honorary Member

Yup on Android, on Oneplus 7 pro.

I haven't tried gaming on it tho. So not sure on the latency there.
I'm on OnePlus 6, there's visible lag when playing YouTube
tatsit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2019, 04:02 PM   #1234

Bought my outlier from Qoo10. It is great value for money and the audio surpasses similar offerings 2 times its price.
ictaros21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2019, 09:19 AM   #1235

Price worthy

Got mine last week during national day at ConnectIT tampines. Love them.

Sound is good, long battery life.
There are slight disconnection in crowded area and the eartips are a little small for me.

But at the 139 price point, I think these are great truly wireless earbuds. Highly recommended.

Sales assistant said creative is gonna launch a new pair of eartips for better fit.
OLeeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2019, 10:27 AM   #1236
Arch-Supremacy Member

I have Sony NW-A45, works well with cheap tw as well as Creative Outlier Gold and Sony WF-1000 XM3.
Ah, mine is even older, A25~
fireduke86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2019, 02:38 PM   #1237

wow.. didnt know an ear bud can cause infection. i almost almost pulled the trigger to get it.
used for almost 2 months on a daily basis. No infection or whatsoever. Caveat is i don't exercise with this, only use it on commute or while working.

The thing about this infection, it could be the material of the tip that you are allergic to? or the size is not right hence keep scratching the canal.

the only way to know what's the real cause is to use the tip but on another TW earbuds? and vice versa, use another tip (like a foam tip) on the creative buds.
I find it hard to believe that it's the bud itself causing any form of infection just by wearing it. It has to come with either some form of open wound (hence bacteria infect), or moisture since they survive in warm moist environment. The only other thing i can think of is the material itself (just like some people cannot wear gold or silver as the skin reacts to it)
Try changing your habits to see if it helps.
ecan07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2019, 06:18 PM   #1238

Does anyone know how long does the delivery take if you buy from the Creative online store?
ichinisan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2019, 06:21 PM   #1239

Does anyone know how long does the delivery take if you buy from the Creative online store?
I was wondering about this too.
Ghost98765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2019, 06:32 PM   #1240
Supremacy Member

used for almost 2 months on a daily basis. No infection or whatsoever. Caveat is i don't exercise with this, only use it on commute or while working.

The thing about this infection, it could be the material of the tip that you are allergic to? or the size is not right hence keep scratching the canal.

the only way to know what's the real cause is to use the tip but on another TW earbuds? and vice versa, use another tip (like a foam tip) on the creative buds.
I find it hard to believe that it's the bud itself causing any form of infection just by wearing it. It has to come with either some form of open wound (hence bacteria infect), or moisture since they survive in warm moist environment. The only other thing i can think of is the material itself (just like some people cannot wear gold or silver as the skin reacts to it)
I've been using close to a month already and okay for me too. I use it daily for jogging and also when commuting around.

I think other than allergy to the material, it could be the design of the earbuds too? I think it goes deeper into the ear canal than other earbuds. Maybe for those folks their ears more sensitive and not used to having something pressed against it, so it became irritated by the ear tips or what. All speculation and guesses though. But since it's not just a few who have reported this, there is probably a reason behind it as well, just that it's not affecting everyone. :/
Alexz_Hong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2019, 10:44 PM   #1241
Master Member

I was wondering about this too.
3-5 days average by Ta-Q-Bin
kiama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2019, 11:13 PM   #1242

3-5 days average by Ta-Q-Bin
Thanks for the info!
ichinisan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2019, 09:44 AM   #1243
Arch-Supremacy Member

I've been using close to a month already and okay for me too. I use it daily for jogging and also when commuting around.

I think other than allergy to the material, it could be the design of the earbuds too? I think it goes deeper into the ear canal than other earbuds. Maybe for those folks their ears more sensitive and not used to having something pressed against it, so it became irritated by the ear tips or what. All speculation and guesses though. But since it's not just a few who have reported this, there is probably a reason behind it as well, just that it's not affecting everyone. :/
The rubber chemical is toxic to some people. This is the first time I'm experiencing this after using so many in ear. I tried 3x and got ear infected 3 times.

Can we do a count of how many people suffering the same issues? It's good to let Creative know about it.

Last edited by stillgottheblues; 16-08-2019 at 09:37 PM..
Old 16-08-2019, 09:48 PM   #1244
Arch-Supremacy Member

I used the sony wf100xm3 and my ear is fine and healed till I use back the creative again. Got infected again.

I think it's the rubber friction, rubbing against the ear canal and causes the skin to break. Guess I have to throw it away! LOL Should have tested before buying.

Last edited by stillgottheblues; 16-08-2019 at 09:51 PM..
Old 16-08-2019, 10:03 PM   #1245
High Supremacy Member

I used the sony wf100xm3 and my ear is fine and healed till I use back the creative again. Got infected again.

I think it's the rubber friction, rubbing against the ear canal and causes the skin to break. Guess I have to throw it away! LOL Should have tested before buying.
how is the sony compared to this, disregarding build quality?
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.