HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Creative Outlier Gold

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-05-2019, 01:28 PM   #16
Arch-Supremacy Member

Will be buying when there is an offer. Support the local company.
stillgottheblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2019, 12:16 PM   #17

It seems software super xfi only works with music on the phone. It will not work on mp3 players or streaming music. What about downloaded streaming music on Spotify, will it works?
Careful. Please refer to their webpage. It only works with locally stored music because it requires you to use their SXFI app. You can't use your own music player. The app already does this. I can use my own wireless earphones and listen with SXFI On as well. But for this Outlier Gold, what makes it unique is it has a key to unlock the app. So you too can listen to music with SXFI. Again, I stress, with their APP.

"Enjoy your device's local music files through the SXFI App, now powered by Super X-Fi technology!

*Software Super X-Fi works on audio and music files found in your device's original music player. Some protected content that is downloaded and restricted through the respective native applications (e.g. Spotify) is not applicable."

I recommend those who wants to purchase to download the app first and try to listen to music through it. If you find the app to be a hassle or you compare playing normal music without SXFI on the app vs on your own music player to be bland sounding, then make your purchase with caution. You can might as well buy the Outlier Air instead.

My default phone music player has those test tones test with my earphones so I can customize the sound to allow me to listen to the full range of audio without missing anything due to maybe a lousy earphone not being able to play a particular frequency range properly. It makes a big difference and sounds closer to my headphone with DAC at home as opposed to sounding muddy and compressed. Try using that and comparing the sound from the SXFI app and your phone's music player.

Last edited by daisuki; 21-05-2019 at 12:18 PM..
daisuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2019, 03:49 PM   #18

As per creative website, app version of SXFI found in outlier air gold will not work with Spotify.
What about using outlier air gold as a bluetooth earphone directly to Spotify. Forgoing the SXFI apps. Just wondering can it still connect or use without SXFI software apps.
nightknight1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2019, 08:10 PM   #19

What about using outlier air gold as a bluetooth earphone directly to Spotify. Forgoing the SXFI apps. Just wondering can it still connect or use without SXFI software apps.
you can use it still, but it will not have sxfi enhancements when you listen to music
doublesingular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2019, 09:09 PM   #20
Arch-Supremacy Member

So for mp3 player, it's better to buy the normal one I guess.
Old 21-05-2019, 11:03 PM   #21

for most of us who will not be utilizing the SXFI feature (ie, YouTube, Spotify) would the difference in price justify the added battery life, and extra eartips? (and perhaps the gold color too).

looking for more opinions before I decide to head down this weekend to try it on and possibly jump the gun

Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A5010 using GAGT

Last edited by onlinehero; 21-05-2019 at 11:06 PM..
onlinehero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2019, 11:40 PM   #22
Arch-Supremacy Member

Price difference is not much
Old 22-05-2019, 06:49 AM   #23
Master Member

Definitely go with the Outlier Gold. Its only $20 more. 40% battery boost (from 10hr playtime to 14hr) alone is already worth the extra cost.
Gametaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2019, 09:29 AM   #24

14hr battery life is indeed the longest I've seen to date, hopefully no major issues like connectivity or sub standard audio.
Old 22-05-2019, 12:16 PM   #25
High Supremacy Member

Poweramp is still my fave mp3 player so far, not sure if I wanna use their mp3 player. Especially I am not sure if their interface is as good.

14 hour in a single charge, though, is a real attractive factor given the fact that there are buds (my Jabra Sports Elite is 4.5hr) out there that cost twice as much but can only last up to 5hrs, I am quite tempted.

But month end... Haven't received pay so cannot afford =(
Old 22-05-2019, 12:19 PM   #26
High Supremacy Member

the bud design, though... looks generic and ugly... =(
Old 22-05-2019, 02:24 PM   #27
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hoot 1 set but don't like gold colour though, no choice.
Old 22-05-2019, 02:27 PM   #28

wanted to buy to listen to spotify

only to know they want people to use their app.

Sorry, you don't have my $ Creative
Old 22-05-2019, 05:58 PM   #29

Poweramp is still my fave mp3 player so far, not sure if I wanna use their mp3 player. Especially I am not sure if their interface is as good.

14 hour in a single charge, though, is a real attractive factor given the fact that there are buds (my Jabra Sports Elite is 4.5hr) out there that cost twice as much but can only last up to 5hrs, I am quite tempted.

But month end... Haven't received pay so cannot afford =(
here to change my Jabra too. my Sports Coach can only last me one leg of my commute. reach office, need charge. reach home, need charge again. shall keep it for my runs if I do decide to get this outlier gold.

Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A5010 using GAGT
onlinehero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2019, 12:30 AM   #30

Anyone purchased the below headset (SXFI Air)?

Can refer me?

Really need the $60 discount

shiemiwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.