HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Custom In-Ear Monitors information & discussion thread

Like Tree124Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2014, 04:26 PM   #196
Great Supremacy Member

I did my ear impressions at 6 to 7pm...

Left ear fit perfectly, but Right ear is playing on me.

Luckily the store's service is good and lab is in Singapore.. you know...

Singapore got do CIEMs?

Or do you mean someone going by the handle of R************?
Mach3.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 04:28 PM   #197
Supremacy Member

Singapore got do CIEMs?

Or do you mean someone going by the handle of R************?
Yea, their lab in Singapore...

Not the person in HWZ

Unless they did a good job on my 2nd refit, i will give positive comment and state their brand out. lol~
Old 07-10-2014, 04:40 PM   #198
High Supremacy Member

Tot only 1 shop got lab in sg-.-
Rubick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 04:41 PM   #199
Great Supremacy Member

Yea, their lab in Singapore...

Not the person in HWZ

Unless they did a good job on my 2nd refit, i will give positive comment and state their brand out. lol~
I see, I know which one liao, it's written big big on this thread...
Mach3.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 04:58 PM   #200
Supremacy Member

Tot only 1 shop got lab in sg-.-
Ya la bro..

I just don't wan tarnish their brand reputation or what... So ownself go figure out la...

In fact, i really enjoy the sound. A nice upgrade coming from Atrios M5 iem..

If only i could get a proper seal... it would be perfect...
Old 07-10-2014, 06:28 PM   #201

I think it varies from people to people. But temperature does affect your body's water retention
so should go dehydrated
Seth Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 06:33 PM   #202
Arch-Supremacy Member

so should go dehydrated
No. Just as per usual. No need to go and care so much about being hydrated or not because the difference will be very small.
XcoldstarX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 09:30 PM   #203
Supremacy Member

I did my ear impression again just now at the store.

Surprisingly, the ear mold look similar to my ciem.. it means that their lab has done accordingly to the ear mold and nothing wrong with them. So i really dont know why there's sound leakage

It's just my ear got problem man..
iV3RsOn likes this.
Old 07-10-2014, 09:51 PM   #204
Arch-Supremacy Member

I did my ear impression again just now at the store.

Surprisingly, the ear mold look similar to my ciem.. it means that their lab has done accordingly to the ear mold and nothing wrong with them. So i really dont know why there's sound leakage

It's just my ear got problem man..
wait lor, or tiao them add one more layer to it?

did u try adding a layer of nail polish, let it dry then try the fit again?
Old 07-10-2014, 10:34 PM   #205
Supremacy Member

wait lor, or tiao them add one more layer to it?

did u try adding a layer of nail polish, let it dry then try the fit again?
Now gona pray hard and hope it will be good after i collect again..

If not i DIY for myself..

But nail polish wont irritate our ears?
Old 03-11-2014, 02:06 AM   #206

This thread contains so much useful information it should be stickied so it won't be buried away.

Just to bump it up, I thought I'll post this:

Got it done on Saturday at ACE Hearing, will be used to make a pair of Hidition NT 6.

The lady who did it for me is quite professional, first check my ear for obstruction and after noting the size of my ear canals, she made the cotton tip smaller, then carefully insert them into my ears. I remember last time when I did mine at Jaben, I felt some sharp pain when the cotton tips were inserted, but this time, very comfy haha.

I did mine closed mouth (as recommend in a head-fi Hidition thread). To be honest, I don't get why we should make open mouth; musicians use their CIEM when they're singing on stage, so it makes sense that their ear impressions should be open-mouth. We are going to use our CIEMs mostly for music-listening when our mouths are shut so shouldn't our ear impressions be closed?

Anyway the lady told me that there is no difference between open and closed unless your ear canals are narrow. Then you'll need to do open mouth to straighten the ear canals.

The session this time round is also much shorter than what I remembered at Jaben. Just a few mins and the ear impressions should be taken out.

Now my only worries is that there are ear wax at the end of the ear impressions. I'm not sure if Hidition will be able to work with them but ACE Hearing says I can go down and do again if they are rejected.

Overall, if you need ear impressions done, I recommend ACE Hearing
xuan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 07:26 AM   #207
Arch-Supremacy Member

This thread contains so much useful information it should be stickied so it won't be buried away.
I think they have changed name to The Hearing Centre. Which outlet did you go to? Lucky Plaza?

Yes and I will update this thread soon with new brands and models that have appeared, such as Perfect Seal.
Old 03-11-2014, 09:13 AM   #208

I think they have changed name to The Hearing Centre. Which outlet did you go to? Lucky Plaza?

Yes and I will update this thread soon with new brands and models that have appeared, such as Perfect Seal.
Actually ACE Hearing seems to be the overheading company with many "sub" companies under them. The Hearing Centre is the only company under them that does ear impressions and yes, they are located in Lucky Plaza basement.

Also, is it possible to update the thread with the availability of aftermarket custom cables in Singapore or will that be too much work? I'm looking for one with an Apple microphone and so far, I think I can only get it at Null Audio.

Last edited by xuan87; 03-11-2014 at 09:25 AM..
xuan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 10:26 AM   #209

Did impressions before at Digisound (novena), ACE/Hearing Centre (lucky plaza) and Bay Audio (Bedok).

The process is similar for all, they will check the canal, then proceed to do the moulding.

Among the 3, only Digisound provided a bite block, while the rest is rest the teeth on the wrist.

Though the compound used by them seems to be different, resulting in different colored impressions, but at the end, the IEMs crafted from them fit well, so not sure if that matters.
vernon_wmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 11:17 AM   #210
Arch-Supremacy Member

Actually ACE Hearing seems to be the overheading company with many "sub" companies under them. The Hearing Centre is the only company under them that does ear impressions and yes, they are located in Lucky Plaza basement.

Also, is it possible to update the thread with the availability of aftermarket custom cables in Singapore or will that be too much work? I'm looking for one with an Apple microphone and so far, I think I can only get it at Null Audio.
I can start another thread for custom cables.

Did impressions before at Digisound (novena), ACE/Hearing Centre (lucky plaza) and Bay Audio (Bedok).

The process is similar for all, they will check the canal, then proceed to do the moulding.

Among the 3, only Digisound provided a bite block, while the rest is rest the teeth on the wrist.

Though the compound used by them seems to be different, resulting in different colored impressions, but at the end, the IEMs crafted from them fit well, so not sure if that matters.
I think you got a pair of Kaiser 10 right?
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.