HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Custom In-Ear Monitors information & discussion thread

Like Tree126Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2019, 08:43 PM   #1156

Hi guys am currently using heir audio 4ai, thinking of going for ciem in the future

My genre is kinda broad but mostly heavy metal (old school heavy metal, black metal) , rock (post rock, alternative) , and sometimes pop (mandopop, cantopop)

So far I've tried a handful of iems and ciems and only have a few i like

Ones i like:

Unique Melody Miracle v2
Hidition NT-RM
Campfire Audio Solaris

Ones i tried

Unique Melody Martian
Unique Melody ME1
Empire Ears ESR
Empire Ears Bravado
Campfire Audio Andromeda

Hope to have some recommendations of other brand with similar sound profile to what I've like so far

The gentleman at zeppelin and co describe my sound profile to be clean and fast

Posted from PCWX using ONEPLUS A5010
Hidition NT8
UM Mentor V3
Acoustune 1650
Jomo Quatre
Jomo Flamenco
Jomo Trinity
Pampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 07:11 PM   #1157
Arch-Supremacy Member

Thanks for the suggestions guys

Will it be more worth it if i decide to reshell my heir audio 4ai instead? How much does reselling + impression usually cost?

jkohlc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 10:19 PM   #1158
Arch-Supremacy Member

Thanks for the suggestions guys

Will it be more worth it if i decide to reshell my heir audio 4ai instead? How much does reselling + impression usually cost?

Reshelling of your 4.Ai is between S$280 to S$400 with ear impressions included.

If you really like the 4.Ai I guess it would be quite worth it, since typically 4 BA ciems range from S$800+ to S$2,000, depending on brand and model.
XcoldstarX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 07:29 PM   #1159
Arch-Supremacy Member

Reshelling of your 4.Ai is between S$280 to S$400 with ear impressions included.

If you really like the 4.Ai I guess it would be quite worth it, since typically 4 BA ciems range from S$800+ to S$2,000, depending on brand and model.
That's why I'm still thinking of getting a CIEM and selling off my 4.Ai

Tried the Noble Audio Sage and Unique Melody Martian...really like these two but they only come as Universals
jkohlc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-2019, 08:49 PM   #1160

Hi All, I am currently waiting for my AAW a3h pro v2 ciem. Previously I have used Westone um pro 10 (for about 4 years) and now I decided to make my first ciem. I would like to know whether this is consider as an upgrade. I have tested out the a3h pro v2 uiem and I think it have punchy bass and the vocal was great too. Other then what I noticed, is there anything else? Wanna know about the clarity tho.

I am very new to iem so maybe can explain it in layman term. Tyvm.
MacaroonMx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 05:10 PM   #1161

Anyone have any ideas about the new CIEM jaben recently offered? 1 custom/ One Custom. Uncle winson claims 1 custom / one custom are from Australia. Prices seems reasonable cheap. 3 BA for just $317. But there's no detail / specs for it like configuration, how many low, mid, high, crossover etc.. Honestly though, 1 custom / one custom, 3 BA sounds way better than the 2 ba. I meant a world of different, most people would notice the big difference between them.

So back to the question.. Anyone know or can CSI who are 1 custom?
Was at Adelphi last weekend to check out some HT equipment, happened to walk past Jaben and saw the huge banner advertising this CIEM, couldn't resist so went into check it out.

Price is actually $199 + $50 for ear impression, so total cost is $249, still cheap for a CIEM. Build time currently around 2 months. This is a 2BA model.

The 3 BA model is out for repairs, but I tried the 5 BA model and another model that I can't remember.

But the 2 BA model is my favorite out of the lot by far. Even if this was sold as a universal, I will say that $199 or $249 is a fair price for it. This made it a great bargain as a custom. Won't comment too much on the sound, just that I recommend you try it out if you're in the area.

Will hold off on purchasing it till Canjam in end March, see if can get free ear impressions there haha.
xuan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 09:58 AM   #1162

Ordered AAW ASH CIEM

Just ordered AAW ASH CIEM about 2 weeks ago from Zepplin & Co - now waiting for collection! Very excited.

6 BAs and 1 DD per side. I know that's not everything but I am a sucker for numbers at the end of the day. Was gonna order the UM Miracle V2 but was taken by the extra DD

During my audition, it sounded very close to the QDC 5SH in terms of sound signature at a lower price. Would share further impressions after reviewing it. I am quite noob with the terminology though so apologies in advance for any errors in communicating the sound.
newtype85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2019, 03:40 PM   #1163

I ordered an AAW A3H CIEM 3 months back and I have not heard any news from Jaben, is this normal?
Spartaxuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2019, 04:06 PM   #1164

Anybody tried Fitear Aya/Monet? Considering getting one but want to get more reviews about personal experience with these CIEMs.

I am not prepared to shell out 3 to 6 k for this unless I fully know what I am paying for
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.