DAC/amps Recommendation Thread

ewng

Reaction score
For $600, Parasound Zdac is a fantastic choice.
Heard it and was mightily impressed by the sound quality.

Recommended it to a friend, and he loves it.
Can drop by X Audio for a listen.

Yes...IMO the best DAC you can get for $600...with a decent inbuilt headphone amp that can drive HD650 without problem... :)

p/s: The friend you mentioned...is that me...?? :D

FatalethaL

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! Looking for a dac to use with IEMs and speakers, for those with UD100, please let me know how it is. I am intending to get one. Just that the maximum it has is 16/24 I think. Is there really a big increase from 16/24 to like 24/48 or 24/196 etc???

Please advise!

u would only need to go higher when u got vinyl recordings or HD tracks... else 16bit/44.1kHz is enuff.

concept_fuel

Reaction score
Agreed. Nowadays I don't even rip to flac anymore...just 320kbs 16bit/44khz mp3s is transparent enough for me.

RazorLotus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oh ok cool.

I'm seeing alot of good reviews about the HRT microstreamer.. just that it's too ex for me >.<

Leafster

Reaction score
Yea, I heard positive comment on HRT product. I'm looking at HRT music streamer II+, Resonessence Concero, Schiit Modi, ODAC, Dacmagic 100, iFi-DAC.

Anyone using Resonessence Concero?

Last edited:

RazorLotus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Whaaa so good hahah

I think for me the best option right now is either ud100 or the hifimediy ess sabre dac :(

BlitzStryker

Master Member
Reaction score
Whaaa so good hahah

I think for me the best option right now is either ud100 or the hifimediy ess sabre dac :(

Haha if get hifimediy pls share review. I planning to get that,but lazy to dismantle and sell mine Xonar DGX. Not sure worth the trouble for the improvment(if there is any..) :s13:

alamakazim

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tcg u-skin

SLim... cheap and decent

Get from ebay about $130 shipped... I saw the circuit. .. quite well build... should be reliable

Leafster

Reaction score
Not cheap leh. S$700 for a 5v DAC.
And only using 9023 nia.
I got my 2nd hand Minimax Plus which uses 9018 for S$800.

Which shop offer $700 may I know? I wanted to get a decent dac to pair with soloist and LCD2. In future am looking at W4S DAC-2 range, but for now just a decent one to drive my setup.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.