DAC/amps Recommendation Thread

MookieTea

Reaction score
Hi peeps, any amp to recommend around the $200 range? :o Hoping to pair it with ath m50s or westone 4r with ak100.

Currently looking at E12 but hoping for more suggestion to test out:D

RazorLotus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Odac

Schiit M&M dac. I can't rmb if magni or modi is the dac lol. But one of them :)

weng

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone using or tried centrance dacport or dacport lx? Comments?

RazorLotus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
C&C BH??

quite good reviews. alot of people using that i think. Heard it pairs well with the colourfly c3

BlitzStryker

Master Member
Reaction score
You want hoot the hifimediy one with me annot? Lol

Ps didnt see your qns. I still waiting for buyers to buy my asus xonar. How much is the shipping?

Btw I just realised got mini version of the Hifimediy haha. Quite interesting,dunoe how it will fares against the bigger version.

Big
HifiMeDiy Sabre USB DAC. Digital to Audio Converter 96khz/24bit (incl USB to optical converter feature)

Small
HiFimeDIY Sabre Tiny USB DAC, Digital to Audio Converter (PCM2706+ES9023)

RazorLotus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ps didnt see your qns. I still waiting for buyers to buy my asus xonar. How much is the shipping?

Btw I just realised got mini version of the Hifimediy haha. Quite interesting,dunoe how it will fares against the bigger version.

Big
HifiMeDiy Sabre USB DAC. Digital to Audio Converter 96khz/24bit (incl USB to optical converter feature)

Small
HiFimeDIY Sabre Tiny USB DAC, Digital to Audio Converter (PCM2706+ES9023)

Haha how come you just realised??? Like you ordered and forgot about it???

How does the small one fare? Does it sound good and all?

Just did a mock check out. Shipping for 2pc is $8.70USD.

Does anyone else wanna order tgt??? Then can save more on shipping lol :)

EDIT: It's for the big one btw, this one: http://hifimediy.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=83

RazorLotus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anybody using the AE D1? planning to get this for my desktop pair with ath-m50.

that one has built in headphone amp right??

Seems quite value for money, until you ship it here and convert the costs lol

I feel that almost all the audioengine products are like that.

Quite good for the price if buy from US. But bring to SG liao, i think there are other more value options

BlitzStryker

Master Member
Reaction score
Haha how come you just realised??? Like you ordered and forgot about it???

How does the small one fare? Does it sound good and all?

Just did a mock check out. Shipping for 2pc is $8.70USD.

Does anyone else wanna order tgt??? Then can save more on shipping lol :)

EDIT: It's for the big one btw, this one: HifiMeDiy Sabre USB DAC. Digital to Audio Converter 96khz/24bit (incl USB to optical converter feature)

As in I just realised they sold the smaller version for the normal Hifimediy :s13: I think last time dun have,just introduced not long.

Haven order yet. Have to get rid of my soundcard first..

Not sure how the small one fares.. Will be interesting as the specs seems more or less the same

widget

Reaction score
anybody using the AE D1? planning to get this for my desktop pair with ath-m50.

I'm using that on my Mac to drive the Momentum and ESW9.
Quite good to drive easy load headphone, but doubt it has the power to drive heavy load phone like LCD or Hifiman :s13:
It's selling for $240 at CD Accoustic, Adelphi.

If you don't need the DAC, I think iFi iCan at $330 will be a better option as I'm sure you don't need to change it if you ever upgrade from M50 to more atas phone :D

RazorLotus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Quite good to drive easy load headphone, but doubt it has the power to drive heavy load phone like LCD or Hifiman :s13:

If you don't need the DAC, I think iFi iCan at $330 will be a better option as I'm sure you don't need to change it if you ever upgrade from M50 to more atas phone :D

Would you consider it a value buy at $240??

Cause alot of the reviews I read says its quite a god value buy but it's at $169usd and I guess at $170 usd, I think it's quite worth if its as good as they say

widget

Reaction score
Would you consider it a value buy at $240??

Cause alot of the reviews I read says its quite a god value buy but it's at $169usd and I guess at $170 usd, I think it's quite worth if its as good as they say

At US$170, it is a good buy, but at S$240, I would rather get the iCan at $330, albeit without DAC as the DAC in D1 can only do 16/44 IIRC.
Just my 2 cent.

benyee90

Reaction score

I going to audit this wk.. Jus got my paycheck :D going for D1. Tight budget.. Haha

RazorLotus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

BlitzStryker

Master Member
Reaction score
No one wanna get with me? :(

You urgent in getting it ma? Cos if I getting,will probably after I sold my card or alot pple buy,can save up on shipping cost..

Help you bump for sale.

Hifimediy Sabre USB DAC for <SGD$60. Lai lai. Interested pple lai fall in report :D

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.