HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Disappointment from Treoo

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2011, 06:57 PM   #16
Supremacy Member

Maybe the way i phrased myself made you guys mistaken. I bolded the "Pose no problem" because i was shocked, i mean how can an exposed wire pose no problem? And eventually it's not whether i got the rma or not is not the main issue here (though i would also be very disappointed if it cannot be rma but i would direct it at Fistcher not treoo), is the lack of reply. They gave me a reason and as a consumer it doesn't mean that I would be satisfied with the ans. As a company, if the attitude is "I've gave you the ans, take it or leave it" then it's very disappointing.

megaMANX6: That's why i said the issue is the same as the ear bud problem. This kind of thing spoil you just need to replace the part which is simple, cheap and most of the time does not need to let the particular company do it. My strap spoil i can go to any watch shop and change. My ear bud spoil i can go any electronic shop and change. It's different from like say the needle drop out. This you need the particular company to do it properly and you can't use the watch till it's repaired. But i do agree with you that most company only warrant internal which makes me quite worry that it cannot be rma-ed.
dragonbryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 06:58 PM   #17
Supremacy Member

actually i spoke to the deputy general manager of treoo before. i think his name is leon or smth.
Can you ask him to get his people to go re-look at their web because the phone number is not working and somehow i manage to call in to their fax. Something somewhere is wrong.
Old 05-03-2011, 08:31 PM   #18
Master Member

Reply was very prompt from this guy, dunno is it the boss or not. Told me I would be able to go down tonight and send my item to them for assessment. Would ask an agent to call me back.
Maybe they saw your thread
Foress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 09:11 PM   #19

Yes, my advice is not to patronize this kind of shop. You have difficulties comprehending english?? You mean i should beat around the bush then that's call advice?? Direct and straight to the point is not?? I dunno what you trying to say. Anyway it's not specific to this shop, any types of shop that gave this kind of service should be avoided, no?? With only 19 post and so protective towards them you starting to make me suspicious.

Anyway care to share how did you manage to get your stuff RMA since they are virtually uncontactable.
Bro I did not mean to offend you in any way, I merely meant that your phrasing confused me for a moment. Besides, I alrdy said at the end of my sentence that I get what you mean. Reason why I only have 19 posts is because I hang around vrzone more than hwz.

Last edited by MAulinSNips; 05-03-2011 at 09:16 PM..
MAulinSNips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 10:40 PM   #20
Supremacy Member

Bro I did not mean to offend you in any way, I merely meant that your phrasing confused me for a moment. Besides, I alrdy said at the end of my sentence that I get what you mean. Reason why I only have 19 posts is because I hang around vrzone more than hwz.
No it's ok, anyway i forgot to edit my post... I meant you cannot comprehend MY english.... Didn't meant to flame you.
Old 05-03-2011, 10:49 PM   #21
Supremacy Member

Maybe they saw your thread
Anyway latest update, got a message that i can go down so went down at 9 since i live near tampines. Was pleasantly surprised when he told me that this time they were doing beyond their normal policy and they are helping me to replace with a new set. Got my set and he explained to me that they did not reply because they were waiting for Russia side to reply them so I told them that they should have at least let me know that they are helping me to ask the FA side, instead of letting me wait for 3 weeks with no reply.

Everything went very smoothly HOWEVER I dunno is it because i posted here and they were stressed or really there was a misunderstanding which i hope is the latter of the 2. Because really there is no point in doing all these when i make a lot of noise. If things are still the same one of these days other people would also come here and post. Word of mouth is powerful, hope they don't spoil their company's reputation through a minor lapse of service.
Old 05-03-2011, 11:18 PM   #22
Arch-Supremacy Member

case closed.....
Silverback84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 11:21 PM   #23

Communication is very important. Hope treoo will work on that.. Enjoy yr IEM.
Durian_Puff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 03:31 AM   #24

lol seriously, i can hardly see the wire.

oh man.
Takaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 08:51 AM   #25

Reputation is important. I tend to shy away from companies with a bad rap, especially when the person's testimony sounds credible (like providing pics of product and receipts).

That's why before buying more expensive items I first do a lot of background checks. Google search with keywords like:
<plug company name here> scam "bad service" cheat

If I see a lot of bad feedbacks then I keep away from that company.
glapi00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 12:58 PM   #26

Reputation is important. I tend to shy away from companies with a bad rap, especially when the person's testimony sounds credible (like providing pics of product and receipts).

That's why before buying more expensive items I first do a lot of background checks. Google search with keywords like:
<plug company name here> scam "bad service" cheat

If I see a lot of bad feedbacks then I keep away from that company.
you need to read the whole thread properly to understand the situation, even the picture shows a minor deflect in the DBA (i presume since i saw the black white cables).

Treoo has been around for so long already, the slow reply thing usually comes when they have to ask HQ for a RMA verification. They only ask for very tricky situation like this.. don't you think it is quite a werid and small problem ?

Only the memory/support wire poked through rubber tubbing due to user mishandling... of course HQ reply it won't pose a problem. It isn't even part of the earphone circuit!
Takaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 03:16 PM   #27
Master Member

you need to read the whole thread properly to understand the situation, even the picture shows a minor deflect in the DBA (i presume since i saw the black white cables).

Treoo has been around for so long already, the slow reply thing usually comes when they have to ask HQ for a RMA verification. They only ask for very tricky situation like this.. don't you think it is quite a werid and small problem ?

Only the memory/support wire poked through rubber tubbing due to user mishandling... of course HQ reply it won't pose a problem. It isn't even part of the earphone circuit!
Perhaps YOU should reread the thread, the issue was found even in Treoo's models, which means that it isn't due to mishandling.
rickysio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 07:51 PM   #28
Supremacy Member

I presume you think that the portion i pointed out is the white cable? If that's the case you had see wrongly just like the guys at Treoo, apparently they mistaken also. It is COPPER WIRE if you understand what that is. And it's NOT supposed to be exposed AT ALL. And no, an EXPOSED COPPER WIRE is not a small issue, not to me and not to many people i believe. And if it's a support wire then it shouldn't have affected the usability of the product. If HQ like you PRESUMED couldn't even understand simple logic of an exposed wire would get damaged and thus spoil the product then i think we better shy away from such company. I don't understand how can a copper wire NOT be part of the earphone circuit.

And if they were waiting for reply from HQ the least they could do is let the consumer know, not leave the situation hanging while i'm left pondering what's happening. It could just be a simple case of service lapse but given i'm in the service line for the past 3 years+, i'm quite an @ss when it comes to service so do pardon me. Hope this can be a lesson for them to understand that only good products + good customer service + good communication would equate to good advertising from consumers like us.

Last edited by dragonbryan; 06-03-2011 at 07:59 PM..
Old 06-03-2011, 11:01 PM   #29

What I said is an insight on how a company can earn my trust/business.

Another thing with regards to customer service. What we do as customers influences business conduct. If majority of customer accepts bad service then more business will provide bad service (it's cheaper to hire staff with poor customer handling skills).

What is not punished is encouraged.
glapi00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.