HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Earphone Review: Battle of sub $80 in-ears earphones plus others!

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2006, 07:35 PM   #151

e2c not inside ur list?
Old 04-02-2006, 09:16 PM   #152
Master Member

Wah.. so many brands and models.. a bit confused.. lol..

I'm currently using the HJE-50 but looking for an upgrade.. afbug1, can kindly tell me which one would you prefer? HJE-70, CK-7Ti, UM1, or ER6i? UM2 i think its too ex for me..
I dun have the HJE70. Only heard them at Sitex last year so cannot really comment on it. CK7 and ER6i are very similar in their sound signature. The UM1 is different flavour, more musical.

e2c not inside ur list?
The only reason why e2c not inside my list because i cannot get hold of a pair.
Old 07-02-2006, 05:59 PM   #153
Master Member

so is it a better choice to upgrade to something else? say super.fi5pro/eb, e4 or e5? or e500!!!
I have no idea how those sound but based on reviews, both super.fi pro/eb have more bass than UM2.

Many regard the UM2 as the best of the lot besides the new E500. E5 is more ex and E4 got less bass but i think i will like E4's sound. If you like UM1's sound signature than its a safe bet to go for a UM2. Give them a listen at Adelphi lor.
Old 07-02-2006, 06:32 PM   #154

I have no idea how those sound but based on reviews, both super.fi pro/eb have more bass than UM2.

Many regard the UM2 as the best of the lot besides the new E500. E5 is more ex and E4 got less bass but i think i will like E4's sound. If you like UM1's sound signature than its a safe bet to go for a UM2. Give them a listen at Adelphi lor.
afbug1, just to thank you for your review. I've got the UM1 from adelphi following ur recommendation. its worth my every dollar.
superio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 04:02 PM   #155

sony EX51 is terrible
irritating treble, lousy mids and the bass is nothing to wow about.
build quality is absolutely low! my wiring has already started to split open after about 2mths of usage! feels rubbery and might melt easily feeling. if its tangled then gd luck cause its damn hard to untangle and might cause further damage to the wiring!
regreted buying EX51.

Im considering Shure E4C, Westone UM1 or etymotics 4SP. How does westone compare to etymotics 4SP?
AND is it possible to wear Shures without the wire going round the ears? do let me know!

oh forgot to add this in. how much did you guys pay for your UM1?

Last edited by F34r; 08-02-2006 at 04:51 PM..
F34r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 07:55 PM   #156

Hi guys , i thinking to get a new pair of earphone to replace my sony ex-71, budget can up to $200 , which earphone would you recommend ? Currently i'm eyeing on shure e2c/e2g and Audio Technica ATH-CK7 , which one has better sound quality ?
cypherth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 11:04 PM   #157
Master Member

Im considering Shure E4C, Westone UM1 or etymotics 4SP. How does westone compare to etymotics 4SP?
AND is it possible to wear Shures without the wire going round the ears? do let me know!

oh forgot to add this in. how much did you guys pay for your UM1?
You mean ER4P or ER4S? Both and E4 are surely better than a UM1. If the E4/ER4P is in your budget, then get it lor. Shure can wear without the wire going around the ears but not feasible cos the microphonic will be terrible and its cable is not light too. ER4 dun need to go over the ear, straight down Y cord.

Hi guys , i thinking to get a new pair of earphone to replace my sony ex-71, budget can up to $200 , which earphone would you recommend ? Currently i'm eyeing on shure e2c/e2g and Audio Technica ATH-CK7 , which one has better sound quality ?
Never heard the E2 but you should consider the ER6i and UM1 as well. CK7 isolation not as good as the rest here.
Old 09-02-2006, 11:22 AM   #158

Sony MDR-EX71SL | Overall Rating: 2.5 stars

Panasonic RP-HJE50 | Overall Rating: 4 stars
MSRP: $59. Can be had for less if you know where to look or get lucky. Normally SLS cheaper.
Package includes: HJE50 earphone with a 1m extension, 3 pairs of ear tips in small, medium and large sizes and a nice little carrying pouch.
Status: Still around: Bought them to replace the EX71 early this year.

Design/cord: 4 stars
HJE50’s design is similar to EX71’s. A 0.5m cord plus a 1m long extension, meant to cater for use with Panasonic’s portable player’s remote. Like the EX71, the shorter 0.5m cord terminates into a straight shape gold plated plug. The 1m extension terminates into a ‘L’ shape gold plated plug. From the joint/split, the left cord is 18cm long and the right is 61cm long, excluding the earpiece. The right cord, at 61cm long is simply too long for most users and are a hassle to manage them. The earpieces are made of hard plastic instead of rubber and plastic combo as compared to a EX71. The ‘L’ shape plug is quite low profile. It juts out only 1.4cm from the player.

Dear afbug1,

you mentioned that the Panasonic RP-HJE50 is a 0.5m cord. Do you mean the 0.5m is measured from the joint/split to the straight shape gold plated plug?
I am a bit confuse with how the whole length ( right ear plug to straight shape gold plated plug) could be 0.5m when the right ear piece cord is already 61cm.
If my above assumption is correct, the total length ( -minus the left cord), right cord + joint/split to the straight shape gold plated plug = 111cm .

Sorry, do not own a short 0.5m before and hence need to clarify the whole length calculation.

thanks
griffin93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 05:45 PM   #159
Master Member

Dear afbug1,

you mentioned that the Panasonic RP-HJE50 is a 0.5m cord. Do you mean the 0.5m is measured from the joint/split to the straight shape gold plated plug?
I am a bit confuse with how the whole length ( right ear plug to straight shape gold plated plug) could be 0.5m when the right ear piece cord is already 61cm.
If my above assumption is correct, the total length ( -minus the left cord), right cord + joint/split to the straight shape gold plated plug = 111cm .

Sorry, do not own a short 0.5m before and hence need to clarify the whole length calculation.

thanks
Yes you're correct. All measured from the split/joint. So you will have 0.5m from the 3.5mm plug to the split/joint OR left ear piece. (I forgot to measure to the left earpiece fom the plug) From the split/joint to the right ear piece is another 61cm.
Old 09-02-2006, 05:55 PM   #160
Master Member

Better comfort, more bass and impact on a ER6i

Better comfort, more bass and impact on a ER6i

Shifted over here and added some pics.

Last edited by afbug1; 14-02-2006 at 09:53 PM..
afbug1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 07:14 PM   #161

Cresyn LMX-E630RL | Overall Rating: 5 stars - Click for more photos
Design/cord: 5 stars
This is where Cresyn got it correct. The LMX-E630 comes in 2 versions; a 1.2m long cord version and a 0.5m long version. My set is the 1.2m long version and the length is perfect for most users. ........From the joint/split, the left cord is 12cm long and the right is 43cm long, excluding the earpiece and it terminates to a funny ‘L’ shape gold plated plug.
afbug1,

thanks for clearing up the cord calculation.
so for the cresyn 1.2m long E630(R/D)L , the length is actually longer than 1.2m (measured from joint/split to funny L-shaped plug). If i would to calculate, the length from right earpiece to L-plug is (43cm + 120cm) = 163cm. Whereas from left earpiece to L-plug is (12cm + 120cm) = 132cm.

I presume the cresyn LMX-E630DS short (0.5m) cord would then be earpiece to L-plug is (43cm + 50cm) = 93cm ; left earpiece to L-plug is (12cm + 50cm) = 62cm. Correct?

Guess the shortest length of the LMX-E630 series is the necklace SN type then. Only 80cm from earpiece to straight-shape plug.
griffin93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 09:10 PM   #162

can anyone tell me hw hw is e cresyn lmx-e630 n e creative ep630 hw much nw?
i nw usin e iaudio u3 ear fone,iwan to change. i was alway irratin by e wire kip stuck wif my sch uniform.issit y-wire is better for me?? any idea wat to buy?? in-ear or wat is ok 4 me. tink budget is 50 ba
Old 09-02-2006, 09:16 PM   #163

pls help me wif tis.i usin iaudio u3 nw.i wan to buy a new in-ear.i wan lookin at e review of LMX-e630 n e Ep630. may i noe is hw much nw?

i wan alway irrating by tis unbalance cord as it alway trap by my top of my sch uniform n alway pull out my right ear pirece.is it better to use y-cord?? is e two model i sayin is y-cord?? thk i am a noob lolx
Old 09-02-2006, 10:35 PM   #164

pls help me wif tis.i usin iaudio u3 nw.i wan to buy a new in-ear.i wan lookin at e review of LMX-e630 n e Ep630. may i noe is hw much nw?

i wan alway irrating by tis unbalance cord as it alway trap by my top of my sch uniform n alway pull out my right ear pirece.is it better to use y-cord?? is e two model i sayin is y-cord?? thk i am a noob lolx
I know Cresyn LMX-E630 series are balance. I think EP630 is S$69.90 wheareas Cresyn is $49.90. I saw that the Crsyn earphones are selling in popular bookstore now.
Happy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 12:20 AM   #165

The 0.5m is measured from the joining point of the L & R cable.
cavemanng is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.