HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Earphone Review: Battle of sub $80 in-ears earphones plus others!

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2014, 12:16 AM   #2071

To teamstereo!

- Your rig (HTC One X with and without beats audio)
- What type of usage (music mainly)
- File format used in your source (mp3, m4a, acc)
- Genre of music you listen to (Quite a huge variety just mainly no screamo and classical)
- Headphone / earphone type (earphone)
- Other requirements (if any) (in ear, not necessarily with Mic and controls but would be good to have)
- Budget(max 80)

Previously owned Jays a jays One, Sennheisser CX-215 now. Find my current CX-215 bass to be overwhelming after prolonged listening sporadically but I like it for short trips within two hours. Also wish for something a bit more balanced and sharper in clarity compared to the CX-215s. So I hope I can find something better than this current pair.

Just sharing headphones I had the beats solo (which came with my HTC for $150) and I found it crappy without beats audio because the higher ends were too mashed sounding and the bass wasn't really like the CXs but it had like, 'layers' in the music it put out (somebody care explaining this to me?). Then I got the AKG K67 which was near perfect to what I needed.

So hopefully from my description of headphones you'll understand better what kind of sound I'm looking into in ear. Doesn't have to be exact like the AKG but I just need something a lil better than the CXs now. I've tried urbanears and one of the UEs (forgot if it was a 400) I found the sound too warmish. So I don't want to go into those overly warm sounding kind.

Last edited by nyvled; 12-02-2014 at 12:36 AM..
nyvled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 10:16 AM   #2072
Suspended

To teamstereo!

- Your rig (HTC One X with and without beats audio)
- What type of usage (music mainly)
- File format used in your source (mp3, m4a, acc)
- Genre of music you listen to (Quite a huge variety just mainly no screamo and classical)
- Headphone / earphone type (earphone)
- Other requirements (if any) (in ear, not necessarily with Mic and controls but would be good to have)
- Budget(max 80)

Previously owned Jays a jays One, Sennheisser CX-215 now. Find my current CX-215 bass to be overwhelming after prolonged listening sporadically but I like it for short trips within two hours. Also wish for something a bit more balanced and sharper in clarity compared to the CX-215s. So I hope I can find something better than this current pair.

Just sharing headphones I had the beats solo (which came with my HTC for $150) and I found it crappy without beats audio because the higher ends were too mashed sounding and the bass wasn't really like the CXs but it had like, 'layers' in the music it put out (somebody care explaining this to me?). Then I got the AKG K67 which was near perfect to what I needed.

So hopefully from my description of headphones you'll understand better what kind of sound I'm looking into in ear. Doesn't have to be exact like the AKG but I just need something a lil better than the CXs now. I've tried urbanears and one of the UEs (forgot if it was a 400) I found the sound too warmish. So I don't want to go into those overly warm sounding kind.
Maybe you would like to give the range from Audio Technica and JVC a try.
Namely the ATH-CKM500, ATH-IM50 and FX1X. Would find that they have a higher timbre as compared to the CX215 and Ajays One. Do feel free to drop by our outlets and give them a try.
TeamStereo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2014, 11:34 AM   #2073

I just went to hear the ajays one to know how it sounded like again at newstead nex I think. The guy there talked to me and long story cut short, it ended up that i liked ajays two and tjays two. The ajays were lower in bass, but the voices I heard were flat, yet the tjays were a little higher (hence missing a bit on "The Monster" by Eminem where they started wolf whistling) yet the voice were not flat (not sure of terminology). Which would be better to have?
nyvled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2014, 09:49 PM   #2074

To teamstereo!

- Your rig: Samsung S4 or Ipod touch 2nd gen
- What type of usage: mainy for use in a gym and on threadmail
- File format used in your source: mp3, m4a, acc
- Genre of music you listen to: Kpop and english pop
- Headphone / earphone type: earphones
- Other requirements (if any) mic or volume controls are not a must. hope it would stay in place during workout.
- Budget around $100 can push slightly higher if needed.

please recommend me one
many thanks in advance

MO: DESIGNER PERFUME OIL

INSTOCKS LIST: CLICK HERE
IT'S AN EXCEL FILE WITH 3 SPREADSHEETS
thelastname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2014, 03:38 PM   #2075
Suspended

To teamstereo!

- Your rig: Samsung S4 or Ipod touch 2nd gen
- What type of usage: mainy for use in a gym and on threadmail
- File format used in your source: mp3, m4a, acc
- Genre of music you listen to: Kpop and english pop
- Headphone / earphone type: earphones
- Other requirements (if any) mic or volume controls are not a must. hope it would stay in place during workout.
- Budget around $100 can push slightly higher if needed.

please recommend me one
many thanks in advance
You might want to consider the range of sports earphones that we have. Would personally recommend the Yurbuds Inspire Duro.
Old 20-02-2014, 09:51 AM   #2076

To team stereo
Rig: iphone5s
Usage: commute and gym
File format: mp3,Acc
Genre: all kinds, from classical to rock to new age
IEM only, mic and volume preferred. Must get good seal
Budget <200
Thanks
DareyX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2014, 11:37 AM   #2077
Suspended

To team stereo
Rig: iphone5s
Usage: commute and gym
File format: mp3,Acc
Genre: all kinds, from classical to rock to new age
IEM only, mic and volume preferred. Must get good seal
Budget <200
Thanks
Hi there, you can consider the Yurbuds Inspire Limited Edition. As you would be using for gym, it would be better to get a earphones that is sweat resistance.
Old 30-03-2014, 10:16 AM   #2078

to TeamStereo,

-Your rig: iPhone 5s
- What type of usage: commute, traveling
- File format used in your source: mp3, flac
- Genre of music: Experimental, Fusion, Funk, Electronic Dance
- Headphone / earphone type: over-the-ears headphone
- Other requirements: durable, comfortable for long usage hours (in travelling)
- Budget: $200 - 400

many thanks!
unicorned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2014, 11:19 AM   #2079
Suspended

to TeamStereo,

-Your rig: iPhone 5s
- What type of usage: commute, traveling
- File format used in your source: mp3, flac
- Genre of music: Experimental, Fusion, Funk, Electronic Dance
- Headphone / earphone type: over-the-ears headphone
- Other requirements: durable, comfortable for long usage hours (in travelling)
- Budget: $200 - 400

many thanks!
Hi there, the Shure 215SPE is one of the cost effective iems for your requirements. A good amount of focus on bass which is great for EDMs. The new W series by Westone W10 is another model you can look into, more balance and neutral though so might not have the that much as you like for EDMs but may have versatility over most other music genre. Both are over ears and should be comfortable for long listening periods. Feel free to try them out at our stores and see if you like them ya.
Old 01-05-2014, 01:55 PM   #2080

Rig: Use with iPhone 5, Lenovo Miix 2 8, iPad Mini, Laptop
Type of Usage: For Commute, watch videos, phone calls
File Formats: mp3, aac and video formats (mp4 avi)
Music Genre: Pop, Pop Rock, Alternative Rock
Earphone Type: Inner Ear, J-cord (or Neck Chain design or whatever else it is called)
Other requirements: Mic, Volume Control. Durable (since I sleep listening to music)
- Budget: Below 100.

I have considered ATH CKN50 but I am just afraid that when I sleep I will destroy the ring ._."
Thank you to anyone who can recommend me a earphone.
SomeH0w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 04:46 PM   #2081
Suspended

Rig: Use with iPhone 5, Lenovo Miix 2 8, iPad Mini, Laptop
Type of Usage: For Commute, watch videos, phone calls
File Formats: mp3, aac and video formats (mp4 avi)
Music Genre: Pop, Pop Rock, Alternative Rock
Earphone Type: Inner Ear, J-cord (or Neck Chain design or whatever else it is called)
Other requirements: Mic, Volume Control. Durable (since I sleep listening to music)
- Budget: Below 100.

I have considered ATH CKN50 but I am just afraid that when I sleep I will destroy the ring ._."
Thank you to anyone who can recommend me a earphone.
If you are keen to have a neck chain design of earphones, we only have the Audio Technica ATH-CKN50 as you've mentioned and the Sennheiser CX300II but they do not have a built-in mic though. Audition sets are available in both outlets.
Old 24-05-2014, 11:33 AM   #2082

I recommend trying MIC iems, for <$100 they are usually much better than branded stuff costing 5x the price
hoppinghippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 02:09 PM   #2083

can anyone here recommend me good earphone (earbud) models that cost below 80 SGD? i am into pop, rock music. thanks for the reply
DavidTanGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 04:00 PM   #2084
Suspended

can anyone here recommend me good earphone (earbud) models that cost below 80 SGD? i am into pop, rock music. thanks for the reply
Hi! You can try our popular models within this price range, the JVC FRD60 with special price promotion of $49 (usual $109), Fischer Audio Aleph Zinc and Yuppie. Audition units are available in both of our stores, feel free to drop by.
Old 04-08-2014, 02:36 PM   #2085

Any recommendations for earphone that has good bass and balance sound? Preferably <100
Free_MaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.