Earphone Review: Battle of sub $80 in-ears earphones plus others!

monstruo

Reaction score
I try to read through most of the threads regard to earphone

I really like my brother's grado S80r. The sound is rich and the bass is good too.

My budget will be within SGD$200.

I'm thinking of UM1, I hope it lives up to my expectation. Will it sound as good as the grado?
What you guys recomend?

I know there's this new comer, OVC? What's about it?

chaych

Reaction score
monstruo said:
I try to read through most of the threads regard to earphone

I really like my brother's grado S80r. The sound is rich and the bass is good too.

My budget will be within SGD$200.

I'm thinking of UM1, I hope it lives up to my expectation. Will it sound as good as the grado?
What you guys recomend?

I know there's this new comer, OVC? What's about it?
UM1 will live up to your expectation. do drop by jaben networks and try out all the different IEMs to find one that suits you.

also, remember that IEMs and headphones are best coupled with an external to drive them so they can reach their potential

monstruo

Reaction score
From most of the threads i read. I couldn't really get to see a good pic of a amp.

From what i know, some amp are not portable friendly. Btw, i own a 3g iPod and listens mostly to

indie
jazz
acoustic
experimental electronic/powerpop
rock
at times, classical

usally acc or mp3 format @ 192kpbs and more.
Btw, i know some mod or install linux to play flac format? It's there any other forms to play flac without installing the linux os for ipod? I own quite a collection of my songs in flac lossless. =p

I looking for good stagesound and ability to create the impact on the ears.
Since i'm quite a frequent users and my earphone's line always get "caught" in the way.
I'm more attracted to um1 due the fact it's more strudy as mentioned by many.

hweeying

Reaction score
ok. i am a por student, do not have the finacial mean to afford the earphones in the review. Found an in-ear earphones going for 25bucks at Yahoo Auction. As Follows:

♦♦ Overview ♦♦ Brand New
i-Voda In-Ear Earphones - "Simple and Elegant"

*See following for more pictures and details • i-Voda In-Ear Earphones carry the brand name "OVC" on the earphones and included accessories. They are high-quality stereo in-ear earphones with simple and elegant design.

• Offer excellent sound quality with superior bass response and crystal-clear audio reproduction. Provide natural and balanced soundstage. An ideal earphones for music enthusiast.

• Ultra-soft silicone earbuds in three different sizes (S/M/L) provide comfortable and secure ear-canal fit. Sound isolating design reduces ambient noise for high-intensity listening.

• Stylish black-colour design, extremely small and lightweight. Ideal for use with portable audio devices with 3.5mm earphones jack, such as MP3, CD, DVD players and portable game systems with 3.5mm earphones socket.

• Compatible with popular MP3 players, such as Apple iPod, Creative MP3, Microsoft Zune, SanDisk MP3, iRiver MP3, etc. They are also compatible with popular portable game systems, such as Sony PSP, Nintendo DS or DS Lite, etc.

• High-quality OFC cord provides high signal, low noise transmission.

• Asymmetrical cord (with cord length - L: 170mm, R: 510mm, 850mm from split position to plug) provides more flexibility and convenience. This allows using the earphones in the behind-the-neck style.

• Gold-plated, L-shaped 3.5mm stereo plug offers superb conductivity, ensures highly reliable audio connection.

• Come with 3 pairs of ultra-soft black silicone earbuds (S/M/L) which are durable, washable, removable and replaceable.

• Included accessories:
• 1 pouch (black) : provides convenient storage
• 1 smartwrap (black) : provides convenient cord management
• 1 cable clip (black) : secures the position of the earphones

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Should i get this? please advice? or a Sennheiser CX300 Black Earphones which is going for 30 bucks.

duen

Reaction score
OVC T20 vs Creseyn LMX 630 earphones?

In terms of cheap in-ear earphones, has anybody compared the OVC T20s to the Cresyn LMX630 earphones?

How's their sound quality in comparison?

XcoldstarX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I would like to know if un-amped, how does T10, T11, T20 and T25 fare against the cresyn lmx630 and creative ep630/635?

brianforever

Reaction score
hweeying said:
ok. i am a por student, do not have the finacial mean to afford the earphones in the review. Found an in-ear earphones going for 25bucks at Yahoo Auction. As

ha ha I understand how you feel, we were all poor students once , but I was lookin around & finally found an oem 630 for S$15 bucks, so I got 2 just in case the other one broke down :)

Hitsugaya87

Reaction score
You guys can try this few pairs of I.E.M...

OVC T10
OVC TC20
OVC T25

This few pairs are considered quite good for I.E.M below a $100.
You can find them at Jaben.

Westone UM1
Westone UM2
Audio Technica CK9
Altec Lansing iM716
UE super.fi 5 pro

These are the more expensive I.E.M and it can be found at any Stereo stores or other stores dealing with such electronics stuff.

A better choice,which is also more expensive,is to go custom.

Hitsugaya87

Reaction score
It's hard to compare the UM1 with the CK9.Different people have different taste of listening to music.Good music to me might sound crappy to you and vice versa.

evolute8

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Hitsugaya87 said:
You guys can try this few pairs of I.E.M...

OVC T10
OVC TC20
OVC T25

This few pairs are considered quite good for I.E.M below a $100.
You can find them at Jaben.

Westone UM1
Westone UM2
Audio Technica CK9
Altec Lansing iM716
UE super.fi 5 pro

These are the more expensive I.E.M and it can be found at any Stereo stores or other stores dealing with such electronics stuff.

A better choice,which is also more expensive,is to go custom.
nothing from SHURE ?

Hitsugaya87

Reaction score
You could get UE super.fi 3 though I haven't tried it before so I don't really know how it's like.For shure...Shure E500 PTH is the only one attractive to me...but the price is rather high.

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
K, i need some advices from the audio experts here. ;)

I own a set of Cresyn LMX-E630RL. The sound is great, i love it till date. But recently, the left side seems to be losing sound. It will become so soft that i can hardly hear it. I will need to shake the cables or own it to a certain length then the sound will become normal again.

What could be the cause of this???

If its really dying, i wish to get something of the same audio quality, if not better.

I have tried my friend's Creative EP630, it doesnt give me the feel i like on the Cresyn.

The only complain abt the Cresyn is that the cables. They are of the texture that will form shapes after some time. I like the texture of the Creative's. The earbud is better than the Cresyn's too.
And ya, its behind the neck type. I prefer those hang in front wan, so it doesnt get in the way of my back hair...

Bosses, any recommendations from your past experiences??? :s7:
Thanks a million.

XcoldstarX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the cable is loose. Time to replace the earphones.

you can try OVC TC20, T11 and T10. They are available @ jaben networks @ the aldephi

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.