HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Earphone Review: Battle of sub $80 in-ears earphones plus others!

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-12-2005, 05:24 PM   #76

I prounounce them 'cres-sin' but i maybe wrong. Its a Korean brand, dunno how they come up with such a tongue twister....

heheh this reply might be way too late ...but i juz happen to saw this now..
Cresyn , i strongly believe it comes from the word 'Crescendo' which means reaching the peak volume in music... maybe...
acidjuice13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2005, 06:23 PM   #77
High Honorary Member

curious... anyone knows how does cresyn compare to creative ep630 ???
in term of definition and bass?

hearing so much gd things abt it
i also itching to get 1 to try
hahhahahahhahahhah!!!!!

Last edited by radish; 15-12-2005 at 06:37 PM..
radish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2005, 10:08 PM   #78
Master Member

Hey afbug1!!! (I hate calling u by this name, can u remove the mask and tell us ur real name?!) My MDR-888 sounds better and better as days goes on. I'll try removing the paper filter next week, following ur instructions. If my earbuds stops working after that, I'll come and kiss u then!!! :
Haha! I prefer to have a cutie kiss me. Like that i hope your earbuds stop working!

Key word is gentle. The mod is fully reversible but like any mod, you've to be gentle and careful. If the rubber ring snaps or the metal grill bends, no hope liao. Remember to observe the orientation of the rubber ring and metal grill when putting it back.

Guys i will be clearing up this thread, so if u happen to see your post missing, dun worry its not because its offensive, its because i need to do some housekeeping to prevent the thread from getting OT too much
Wow! Thanks for the work put in. I saw the other thread you've created and unstuck. Not easy being a mod. lol

finally got my Cresyn! 1st impression is that the sounds are more energetic, and there's better bass, compared to my stock ones. have yet to do a direct comparison, maybe wait till i run in the Cresyn more.

got it at 45 (up 49.90) from michael multimedia accessories at sls 2nd floor (pink signboard). the RL version. saw my stock creative ep-480 at 39.90, and was contemplating if the Cresyn can fare significantly better than my current set which cost just $10 less. but just couldn't help but be swayed by afbug1's review, so just heck and got it anyway was fed up with waiting for the apple shop to open, it was already 1pm! no chance to see cutie...

regarding the L-shape design at the head of the cord, will it help if i use black tape to secure the part? but will the resulting rigidity place more stress on my zen micro jack which is so highly fault-prone?
It will be better than your stock buds thats for sure. Tape might not work. Maybe a piece of heat shrink might. But i will leave it as it is, just be careful not to stress them too much esp your player's jack.

heheh this reply might be way too late ...but i juz happen to saw this now..
Cresyn , i strongly believe it comes from the word 'Crescendo' which means reaching the peak volume in music... maybe...
Hmmm.......might be. Crescendo.....reminds me of overseas ex.

curious... anyone knows how does cresyn compare to creative ep630 ???
in term of definition and bass?

hearing so much gd things abt it
i also itching to get 1 to try
hahhahahahhahahhah!!!!!
Better definition but less bass. You decide!

cresyn no 0.5m version in sg right?
So far no. My friend also looking for it.

BTW, i saw that shop that sells it for $90, saw that banner as well lol! Touch and demoed the iaudio U3. wow!

Last edited by afbug1; 15-12-2005 at 10:13 PM..
afbug1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-2005, 11:43 PM   #79
High Honorary Member

man...u should get some commission on the earphone promotions u have here
HAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAAH

anyway anyone recommendation for gd in-ear phones w gd bass and definition
other than cresyn? e2c? mmm...think i no budget for anything priced at 6i or above...

i m more of a can person, like the sweet sound of grados, the "balancedness" of senheisser hd25, bass of v series and maybe bec i v used to spkers w gd woofers so most of the time, earphones typically disappoints me, not jus the headroom but also the sweetness of it... dunno how to explain, me is not a audiophile X_x

SIGH pocket empty tok so much also no use T.T
Old 15-12-2005, 11:59 PM   #80
Master Member

man...u should get some commission on the earphone promotions u have here
HAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAAH

anyway anyone recommendation for gd in-ear phones w gd bass and definition
other than cresyn? e2c? mmm...think i no budget for anything priced at 6i or above...

i m more of a can person, like the sweet sound of grados, the "balancedness" of senheisser hd25, bass of v series and maybe bec i v used to spkers w gd woofers so most of the time, earphones typically disappoints me, not jus the headroom but also the sweetness of it... dunno how to explain, me is not a audiophile X_x

SIGH pocket empty tok so much also no use T.T
e2c? They are quite muddy as the guys at head-fi said. The ER6i review is completed. You go take a read on page 1. If you want a IEM with good bass at that price range, its the UM1 liao. Or you can go into uncharted waters (Like me with the CK7) and try the new extrememac FS-1

Your requirements i think no universal fit IEM can match. lol. You want balanced sound and to me, E888 is the most balanced earphone. Even more balanced than the higher end IEMs. UM2/E5, SF Pro5 have strong bass but not so good treble while the E4, ER4 have good treble but low bass. So to me they are lopsided.

Grado got sweet sound? You mean forward sound? E888 have a forward sound and is a well balanced phone. But dun have the bass (in terms of quantity) of a pair of in-ears.

You wait, the CK7 might be what you're looking for. It has very crisp sound. Review in a few days.

Last edited by afbug1; 16-12-2005 at 12:02 AM..
Old 16-12-2005, 12:14 AM   #81
High Honorary Member

ah yes guru

heard a lot of gd things abt 888 but is it a pair of open phones?
i think i need isolation esp travelling in mrt... X_x

i no $ to try uncharted waters...
u r guru i follow u
wat u say gd i will go buy

hahhahahahhahahhhahaha

anyway i m a v confused audio noob
sometimes i want deep bass
but sometimes i want the crisp clarity
depending genre of music

btw i listen v widely from metal, smooth jazz, classical music, opera,
and yes i am ashame to say...sometimes jay chou pop music

Last edited by radish; 16-12-2005 at 12:20 AM..
radish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2005, 01:39 AM   #82
Master Member

ah yes guru

heard a lot of gd things abt 888 but is it a pair of open phones?
i think i need isolation esp travelling in mrt... X_x

i no $ to try uncharted waters...
u r guru i follow u
wat u say gd i will go buy

hahhahahahhahahhhahaha

anyway i m a v confused audio noob
sometimes i want deep bass
but sometimes i want the crisp clarity
depending genre of music

btw i listen v widely from metal, smooth jazz, classical music, opera,
and yes i am ashame to say...sometimes jay chou pop music
lol. Not guru la. I only familar with these models and said what my ears told me. Everyone got different taste.

Ya, E888 is a normal open earbud. What happen to your HD25? It can isolate quite well rite? Ever considering selling your HD25 and get a HD555/595 for home listening after getting some in-ears?

CK7 first impressions! Full review in a few days.
More pics
edit:
I forgot to add that it is MADE IN JAPAN!

Still within sls. I think someone just posted abt this a few posts ago.
(Just gimme 2more days!!!! )
Whats your budget? Go for a CK7 if possible. A class above the rest.

Last edited by afbug1; 16-12-2005 at 01:42 AM..
Old 16-12-2005, 02:25 AM   #83
Great Supremacy Member

better den cresyn?
gaoxing84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2005, 02:35 AM   #84
High Honorary Member

sigh... hd25 is v gd but its bloody warm to bring a pair of closed headphone ard esp in sg bloody weather....think i need a pair of iem for commuting ard sg is a more practical choice and
better still if it can give me the high.. like those deep jazz bass so thick u feel u r "swimming in it" type...sigh

was i thinking of selling off hd25 and get a e3c but then heard so much "weak" bass tat i m having cold feets liao.. BUT if u know of anyone who wants to get a hd25 let me know ok!!!

ck7 mmm.... interesting...strong bass? i m looking forward w great anticipation to yr detailed review!!!!!!!!
Old 16-12-2005, 09:46 AM   #85

After reading thru the whole thread, i think i will split the thread again as quite a number of post is just about cresyn , pls look out for the thread abt Cresyn and continue the relevant post there rather than here, thks for your kind understanding Also pls use the PM function if u wanna ask someone personally, remember to keep this a good sticky it wld require everyone's co-operation

Last edited by rockstarz; 16-12-2005 at 03:30 PM..
rockstarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2005, 03:33 PM   #86
Master Member

better den cresyn?
Yes but they're in different price brackets. Cresyn is certainly not the best earphone you can buy but it is still the best in my opinon in the $30-$80 category.

sigh... hd25 is v gd but its bloody warm to bring a pair of closed headphone ard esp in sg bloody weather....think i need a pair of iem for commuting ard sg is a more practical choice and
better still if it can give me the high.. like those deep jazz bass so thick u feel u r "swimming in it" type...sigh

was i thinking of selling off hd25 and get a e3c but then heard so much "weak" bass tat i m having cold feets liao.. BUT if u know of anyone who wants to get a hd25 let me know ok!!!

ck7 mmm.... interesting...strong bass? i m looking forward w great anticipation to yr detailed review!!!!!!!!
Wah HD25.....yours is the full version? Not the strip down SP rite? A bit tough to find a buyer for this as it is a premium can with a premium price.

If you're considering the E3, go for the UM1. They sound similar but the UM1 have stronger bass and is cheaper. I will not say that the CK7 have strong bass but it will satisfy most people. They seem to have bass stored somewhere in reserve. They dun respond as well as other earphones when the bass bosst on the discman is swtiched on. Can tell the difference but the jump is not as great as other earphones. Why in reserve then? Because when the song demands strong bass, (eg rap/hip-hop) it delievers.

After reading thru the whole thread, i think i will split the thread again as quite a number of post is just about cresyn , pls look out for the thread abt Cresyn and continue the relevant post there rather than here, thks for your kind understanding Also pls use the PM function if u wanna ask someone personally, remember to keep this a good sticky it wld require everyone's co-operation
Wah wait they bomb my pm.

Pls continue all discussions in the thread below:
http://forums.hardwarezone.com/showthread.php?t=1176673

afbug1, how much are the CK7s?
$160 MSRP. It is not out in the stores in SG yet. I got them from Bluetin. This is a very new earphone. Released in JP only end of last month. I am probably the 1st in head-fi to receive it and maybe the 1st (Besides bluetin) in SG to own it. lol. It is a risk to plunge into uncharted waters.

Last edited by afbug1; 16-12-2005 at 03:39 PM..
Old 16-12-2005, 06:53 PM   #87
High Honorary Member

yes i got the full hd25 not sp
its a wondrous piece of bloody gd cans

and i have sucumbed to yr temptations and gone to simlim apple to get a set of cresyn
and yes the gal quite cute lah

i must say its a decent piece of sub $100 phone, definitely better in quality than ex71
i still fiddling w it, will share w the rest of u abt it
Old 16-12-2005, 11:29 PM   #88
Master Member

Ok guys, anymore questions, please post them at this thread. I will reply over there. You're welcome to post your comments/reviews of earphones here but keep it clean so that rockstarz will have an easier time.
Old 17-12-2005, 01:09 PM   #89

Ok guys, anymore questions, please post them at this thread. I will reply over there. You're welcome to post your comments/reviews of earphones here but keep it clean so that rockstarz will have an easier time.

Thanks alot
Old 18-12-2005, 02:58 PM   #90

Panasonic HJE-50 is good for its price range but selling it cos can't my ears can't get used to in ear plugs. check sig out!
Jazzbie is online now   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.