HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Earphone Review: Battle of sub $80 in-ears earphones plus others!

Like Tree4Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-01-2006, 12:28 AM   #121
Master Member
 
afbug1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 3,393
It's hard for a singaporean to get custom IEMs.. cos still need to get ear impressions done and sent over..
One Head-Fi member had the chance to compare the E500 and UE10..
Read here => http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=158419
ISn't it the same for other ppl as well? Even for Amercians, they have to get ear impressions done and send over, unless they stay near UE/Westone/Sensa's HQ.

Oh ya, the pics looks very nice. I like the curvey design but the cord looks thinner. But dunno if can believe that thread or not. Maybe they are excited over it. Looks like Westone and UE got a fight on their hands.

Anyway, its MSRP is US$499, maybe shure got discount. 30% off? If the PTH is smaller, it will be a winner. Maybe in future, there will be a PTT and PTH device.
__________________
WTB CDs: Broken Arrow OST. Anyone?
afbug1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2006, 01:17 AM   #122
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 951
ISn't it the same for other ppl as well? Even for Amercians, they have to get ear impressions done and send over, unless they stay near UE/Westone/Sensa's HQ.

Oh ya, the pics looks very nice. I like the curvey design but the cord looks thinner. But dunno if can believe that thread or not. Maybe they are excited over it. Looks like Westone and UE got a fight on their hands.

Anyway, its MSRP is US$499, maybe shure got discount. 30% off? If the PTH is smaller, it will be a winner. Maybe in future, there will be a PTT and PTH device.
International shipping more ex .. and not to mention the conversion rate..
Then u wanna send back to get a better fit.. extra shipping costs!!
Anyway better not OT from thread..
RePlaY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-2006, 10:59 PM   #123
Arch-Supremacy Member
 
Snoweagle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 15,528
MSRP US$499 leh. I might as well pump hundred plus more and get a ES2. And that option thingy is big and bulky and is an optional accessory.


anddie: Does this thread look like a for sale forum?
Wah!! That's around S$800! But still not as expensive as the UE-10Pro at US$900
Snoweagle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2006, 10:16 AM   #124
Arch-Supremacy Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 12,672
Have been using the Cresyn for almost a month liaoz. So far not much of a complain except that its a neck-style and the cables are abit stiff...

So, like to seek advice on which other models are there available that their cables are like the earphones of iPod Shuffle wan? U know those soft types which wont form shapes even after curling up.
kazuki666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2006, 12:49 AM   #125
Master Member
 
afbug1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 3,393
Have been using the Cresyn for almost a month liaoz. So far not much of a complain except that its a neck-style and the cables are abit stiff...

So, like to seek advice on which other models are there available that their cables are like the earphones of iPod Shuffle wan? U know those soft types which wont form shapes even after curling up.
ATH-CK7.
__________________
WTB CDs: Broken Arrow OST. Anyone?
afbug1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2006, 09:38 AM   #126
Senior Member
 
jmilo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,381
first time saw this thread...and afbug1, excellent reviews too... cheers!
jmilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2006, 10:14 AM   #127
Arch-Supremacy Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 12,672
ATH-CK7.
lao ban....
That one is $100++ sia... Abit hard to convince my pocket....

No other not bad earphones of the same material?
kazuki666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2006, 10:18 AM   #128
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 562
ATH-CK7.
where can buy in singapore?
oracle00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2006, 04:08 PM   #129
Master Member
 
afbug1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 3,393
first time saw this thread...and afbug1, excellent reviews too... cheers!
Thanks. It had been up for more than a month.

lao ban....
That one is $100++ sia... Abit hard to convince my pocket....

No other not bad earphones of the same material?
You want good stuff, must pay more la. Besides, i dun really know if it will suit your requirements but it certainly comes close thou. Or you can try the black ER6i. Looks better than a white one. I find that all earphones' cable will form shapes after curling up, even those ipod's earbuds.

where can buy in singapore?
Bluetin.com or try shops after CNY.
__________________
WTB CDs: Broken Arrow OST. Anyone?

Last edited by afbug1; 25-01-2006 at 05:23 PM..
afbug1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2006, 04:56 PM   #130
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 562
Bluetin.com or try shops after CNY.
thanks for the info... think i will wait till it hit the shops and see price...

bluetin now selling at:
Audio Technica ATH-CM7 silver 159
Audio Technica ATH-CM7ti 197

whereas from ur first post i see that MSRP is at 160 while u bought it at 144..

btw what's the diff between the silver and the titanium version ah? any ideas? thanks!
oracle00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2006, 05:09 PM   #131
Master Member
 
afbug1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 3,393
thanks for the info... think i will wait till it hit the shops and see price...

bluetin now selling at:
Audio Technica ATH-CM7 silver 159
Audio Technica ATH-CM7ti 197

whereas from ur first post i see that MSRP is at 160 while u bought it at 144..

btw what's the diff between the silver and the titanium version ah? any ideas? thanks!
Bro, its CK7 and not CM7. I got my pre-ordered at $144, so cheaper. Now i think they're selling it for $166.
__________________
WTB CDs: Broken Arrow OST. Anyone?
afbug1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2006, 11:45 AM   #132
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 562
Bro, its CK7 and not CM7. I got my pre-ordered at $144, so cheaper. Now i think they're selling it for $166.
oh... oopss.. sorry... i blur... thanks for pointing it out
oracle00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2006, 02:29 PM   #133
Arch-Supremacy Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 12,672
You want good stuff, must pay more la. Besides, i dun really know if it will suit your requirements but it certainly comes close thou. Or you can try the black ER6i. Looks better than a white one. I find that all earphones' cable will form shapes after curling up, even those ipod's earbuds.
Actually my concern is to find something of that material. Cresyn manages to satisfy 80% of my requirement for the sound quality. I guess the remaining 20% lost is coz of my mp3 player bah. So i am very happy with the results already. But if only the cables' materials can be slightly less stiff, it will be more points added lor...

Boss... ER6i is no less expensive than CK7 sia... :sweat:
kazuki666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2006, 06:00 PM   #134
Master Member
 
afbug1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 3,393
Actually my concern is to find something of that material. Cresyn manages to satisfy 80% of my requirement for the sound quality. I guess the remaining 20% lost is coz of my mp3 player bah. So i am very happy with the results already. But if only the cables' materials can be slightly less stiff, it will be more points added lor...

Boss... ER6i is no less expensive than CK7 sia... :sweat:
How about EP630? But it will not be as clear as Cresyn thou because of its strong bass. Y cord and soft cord.
__________________
WTB CDs: Broken Arrow OST. Anyone?
afbug1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2006, 09:53 PM   #135
Arch-Supremacy Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 12,672
How about EP630? But it will not be as clear as Cresyn thou because of its strong bass. Y cord and soft cord.
Thanks, bro.
I think i will keep a lookout for lobangs for this Creative piece. Must be like u all lor, try more then maybe can find the most ideal pair for myself.
kazuki666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On