HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Earpiece below $80

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2013, 02:16 PM   #1

Earpiece below $80

Anyone got any recommendation for earpiece below $80. Must have sound isolation and also comfort when wearing because I hate those earbud when you wear for long your ear will start to irritate the ear.

Music listening to is mainly mainstream 98.7 kind of music, so bass and clarity is important.

Been looking at jays earpiece but not sure if it suits me as I read reviews that its not v comfortable to the ears.

Will be glad if anyone knowledgable in this field could guide me along and recommend me some earpiece that suits my needs. Thanks in advance
iamneverenough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 04:05 PM   #2
Suspended

Hi,

I recommend trying out the audio-technica CKM500, the way the earphones was designed sits nicely in the ear. =) Jays earphones is going straight in without a comfortable form of support unlike the CKM500 design.

Basically, the curved/circular part you see sits externally on your ear lobe, making it secure and comfortable. Pretty decent clarity and bass as well
TeamStereo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 04:24 PM   #3

Hi,

I recommend trying out the audio-technica CKM500, the way the earphones was designed sits nicely in the ear. =) Jays earphones is going straight in without a comfortable form of support unlike the CKM500 design.

Basically, the curved/circular part you see sits externally on your ear lobe, making it secure and comfortable. Pretty decent clarity and bass as well
Thanks for the information. Can I ask what's the price for this earpiece?

And is there any jay earpiece that sit in nicely and provide comfort as well? Because I'm quite liking the design of jay earpiece.
Old 09-01-2013, 05:42 PM   #4
Suspended

The price is $68, for the Jays the design would be similar except for the non flat cable T-Jays. Comfort wise I feel that the audio-technica ones is better.
Old 09-01-2013, 05:58 PM   #5

The price is $68, for the Jays the design would be similar except for the non flat cable T-Jays. Comfort wise I feel that the audio-technica ones is better.
Do you guys have a store or anything for me to test out this and the other jay earphones?
Old 09-01-2013, 06:00 PM   #6

And to add on, I wanna ask btw this 2 which provide better sound quality and noise isolation?
Old 09-01-2013, 06:11 PM   #7
Suspended

And to add on, I wanna ask btw this 2 which provide better sound quality and noise isolation?
I would say the CKM500, and you can test them at both our outlets. ION Orchard basement 4 or Plaza Singapura level 4.
Old 09-01-2013, 06:28 PM   #8
Arch-Supremacy Member

Bring back the Woodlands store! ><
Jhyun, iAHBEE, silvernoy and 1 others like this.
jesgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 10:04 PM   #9

I would say the CKM500, and you can test them at both our outlets. ION Orchard basement 4 or Plaza Singapura level 4.
Yes I'll make a trip down this sat. So is thr any other earphones arnd the same pricing that fit my criteria that you would recommend me as well?
Old 09-01-2013, 11:26 PM   #10
Master Member

B
Second his reco, was using this earpiece before ganna stolen

Now using Monoprice 8320.

Quoted from my posts on another thread

* pic from net

"Legendary Monoprice 8320! Have to hear to believe! Best value for $ earpiece. Bought this cos my audio technica earpieces ganna stolen,sad to say,this $13 earpiece own both $70 audio technica earpiece."
BlitzStryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 11:36 PM   #11
Honorary Member

the fit for the monoprice is bad unless you have the right tips

as for other suggestions...

hmm... UE350?

Anyway I think Treoo still sells the E10
"Hard work will definitely be rewarded."[/CENTER]
[RIGHT]-Takahashi Minami[/RIGHT]

[CENTER][B][url="http://500px.com/kaixax555"]500px[/url][/B] | [B][URL="http://kaixax555.deviantart.com"]DeviantArt[/URL][/B] | [URL="https://www.facebook.com/blurrikesotong/"][B]Page[/B][/URL][/CENTER]

[CENTER][URL="http://deluxeforums.hardwarezone.com.sg/eat-drink-man-woman-16/%5Boffishure%5Dcosplay-pictures-thread-5276501.html"][Offishure]Cosplay Pictures Thread[/URL][/CENTER]
kaixax555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 02:48 PM   #12

how bout this or this
Old 10-01-2013, 03:31 PM   #13
Arch-Supremacy Member

Bring back the Woodlands store! ><
+1 !!!, why 2 stereo stores located so closely on north south line?
its like 2 stops away.. we need more audio stores!

and
TS , maybe can try Dunu trident!

@BlitzStryker which audio-tech earphone were those? i own some audio-tech earphones around that price range too.

Where can u buy those monoprice 8320 online?
Phen8210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 08:24 PM   #14
Master Member

+1 !!!, why 2 stereo stores located so closely on north south line?
its like 2 stops away.. we need more audio stores!

and
TS , maybe can try Dunu trident!

@BlitzStryker which audio-tech earphone were those? i own some audio-tech earphones around that price range too.

Where can u buy those monoprice 8320 online?

CKM500 @ $60+,was using this earpiece before ganna stolen

Now using Monoprice 8320. Got from a forumer here for $13. He got spares,pm me for more detail. Or buy from Ebay or oversea for ard that price but wait for shipping.

There a local site selling at $20 too,abit ex.
Monoprice 8320 MEP-933 In-Ear Earphone | MoréCotton

If intending to get the Monoprice,better to buy a separate eartip or foam tips which is better than the original one.

I got this from Ebay,3 for $4+ but OOS alr.
In Ear Ears Foam Earbuds Tips Memory for Ultimate Ears IE8 IE7 JVC Sony Koss ATH | eBay

Or follow this thread here for cheap Sony eartip,order and self collect at Wisma.
http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/he...4026311-5.html
BlitzStryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 10:33 PM   #15
Arch-Supremacy Member

hmm, i have plenty of spare eartips from gr07 and my other iems. I think that should do the job.

So far i don't really like the sound of foam tips, iirc foam tips make the sound a little dirtier (:. Don't know if that is the case for these monoprice.

I've pm-ed you
Phen8210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.