Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

feedback on an on-line shop (Singapore)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-02-2016, 09:34 PM   #1

feedback on an on-line shop (Singapore)

Bros,

for awareness

event in order:
1) 14 feb - googled 'SE215 blue' and found a sg site selling @ $78.51. legit sister site of a supposedly reputable company.
2) made the purchase. it was shown as in stock. at check out, it turned out the transaction was in USD. and plus shipping, works out to USD 80+. it escaped my eyes for the 'USD' only appeared at the last moment. i can live with that. price is still reasonable.
- but i gave them an feedback email anyway. saying why wasn't it clearer on the website usd will be used.
3) 17 Feb , called up shop to check status. was told
- there is no local warranty
-there is no stock. don't know when will arrive.
- option to buy one with local warranty - SGD219 (no stock too) - no go as it is twice what i paid and still have to wait
4) just received a email reply from them just now, summary
- i should not assume price will be in sgd just because they are a Singapore company. ok fine but language.....
- their t&c clearly stated that prices are indicated in usd (i was not pleased with this statement, see below)
-quote "As for the stock availability, we have different supliers for the stock sold under Drops and Store. This explains the availability of warranty and the price difference on Drops and our regular Store." unquote -> this reads to me, for the lower price, you should assume no warranty?

the best part
today, after my call, they updated their T&C to include
-a clause that prices are in USD AND
-a clause that there is no cancellation AND
-that this T&C is effective 10 Feb 2016.
they also now put US$78.51 as the price and put it on 'back order'. i would have thought twice if all these were shown to me when i clicked buy

I am calm. just a hundred bucks and i will let them take their time get it shipped to me. but i want you guys to be aware. T&Cs can be changed after a purchase.

What to do if that's the way they wish to defend against a hundred bucks purchase. i won't even bother to call or write to them anymore.
slowpoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2016, 09:38 PM   #2

Challenger member price only $169
obichacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2016, 09:46 PM   #3

Eh.. since you already posted might as well say what's the website.
Old 17-02-2016, 10:01 PM   #4

buying at connect-it at member price could go well below 149 or smth....not sure if the promo is still ongoing, IIRC, i was quoted 129(unsure) somewhere late last year when i wanted to get a replacement cable.
AlvinLHQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2016, 02:16 PM   #5

Bros,

for awareness

event in order:
1) 14 feb - googled 'SE215 blue' and found a sg site selling @ $78.51. legit sister site of a supposedly reputable company.
2) made the purchase. it was shown as in stock. at check out, it turned out the transaction was in USD. and plus shipping, works out to USD 80+. it escaped my eyes for the 'USD' only appeared at the last moment. i can live with that. price is still reasonable.
- but i gave them an feedback email anyway. saying why wasn't it clearer on the website usd will be used.
3) 17 Feb , called up shop to check status. was told
- there is no local warranty
-there is no stock. don't know when will arrive.
- option to buy one with local warranty - SGD219 (no stock too) - no go as it is twice what i paid and still have to wait
4) just received a email reply from them just now, summary
- i should not assume price will be in sgd just because they are a Singapore company. ok fine but language.....
- their t&c clearly stated that prices are indicated in usd (i was not pleased with this statement, see below)
-quote "As for the stock availability, we have different supliers for the stock sold under Drops and Store. This explains the availability of warranty and the price difference on Drops and our regular Store." unquote -> this reads to me, for the lower price, you should assume no warranty?

the best part
today, after my call, they updated their T&C to include
-a clause that prices are in USD AND
-a clause that there is no cancellation AND
-that this T&C is effective 10 Feb 2016.
they also now put US$78.51 as the price and put it on 'back order'. i would have thought twice if all these were shown to me when i clicked buy

I am calm. just a hundred bucks and i will let them take their time get it shipped to me. but i want you guys to be aware. T&Cs can be changed after a purchase.

What to do if that's the way they wish to defend against a hundred bucks purchase. i won't even bother to call or write to them anymore.
Which website?
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.