FOSTEX new MONSTER tube amp!

Buckbrick

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Waiting to see how good and how much!

HP-V8.jpg

New HP-V8 debuts at Hong Kong AV Show

Today, Fostex reveals the new pure HP-V8 vacuum tube headphone amplifier at 2015 HK Hi-End Audio & Video Show.

MAIN FEATURES

The power section consists of toroidal power transformers, heater transformers and a choke transformer made by Bando Electronics
Output transformers are custom-made by Hashimoto Electric complying with balanced and unbalanced outputs
The proprietary powering system "Stabilized Tube-controlled Power Ciurcuit (ST-PC)" using KT88 tubes significantly reduces residual noise to achieve S/N ratio of 115dB
E88CC and 300B tubes are used as amplifier tubes and power tubes respectively
The base plate made of aluminum weighing 2kg and the OFC plate with teflon washers used for the power tubes mounting part completely eliminate vibration noise
High anti-vibration rubber feet isolate the chassis from the floor
Pure audio grade electric volume is used to completely eliminate the difference between L and R volumes
Custom-made electrolytic and film capacitors as well as Furutech AC inlet are adopted

SPECIFICATIONS

Impedance: LOW 16 - 600 ohm
HIGH 48 - 600 ohm
Frequency Response: 20Hz - 50kHz (+-3dB)
Power Output: 2 watt (15dBV)
S/N Ratio: 115dB
THD + N: <=0.5% (32ohm, 1V RMS)
Input: 1 x unbalanced, RCA
Output: 1 x balanced, XLR
1 x unbalanced, 1/4" phone
Voltage: AC 230V 50Hz
Dimensions: 245mm(H) x 430mm(W) x 416.5mm(D) excluding knob & switch
Net Weight: approx. 31kgs

The price and shipping date will be announced in due course. The HP-V8 will be released in Japan first and then followed by internationally in selected countries.

Haonan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yup been discussing this new black guy with some of my fellow local peers over last week. The nett weight of this latest Fostex vacuum tube headphone amp is gonna kill whatever domestic import savings you will get from importing from overseas. It has both balanced/unbalanced outputs and a rotary gain switch to suit both low impedance IEMs/headphones and high impedance headphones as well, so in this sense Fostex is certainly meticulous enough like Elekit Japan that they had implemented these various gain switch functions in order to suit both IEM and enthusiasts headphone users as compared to most US maker vacuum tube amp products I have seen out there.

Jude, admin of Head-fi already has an official thread for it started a few days ago. Nevertheless I should be able to test out Fostex's latest headphone amp 2 months later at the upcoming Fujiya-Avic Autumn headphon festival so will try to report back with some initial impressions with my own cans. (I should be carrying over my W3000ANV or MDR-SA5000's with me since i have a dedicated suitcase suitable for carrying these cans abroad)
:o

http://www.head-fi.org/t/776591/fostex-hp-v8-pure-vacuum-tube-headphone-amplifier-announced

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.