HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Gaming + Video Headset ? Pairing with ASUS Essence STX

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-01-2011, 10:10 PM   #1

Red face Gaming + Video Headset ? Pairing with ASUS Essence STX

Hi, I am new to headphones all these. Looking for gaming and video headset. Looking for comfortable ones as might be using for a long period of time.

I am currently considering Audio Technica AD700 headphones. Seems good in the reviews but want to hear the inputs of the bros here.

Thanks.
xMExHKSx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2011, 11:06 PM   #2

Hi, I am new to headphones all these. Looking for gaming and video headset. Looking for comfortable ones as might be using for a long period of time.

I am currently considering Audio Technica AD700 headphones. Seems good in the reviews but want to hear the inputs of the bros here.

Thanks.
Especially now you have STX, The best headphone in synergy with it is Beyerdynamic DT880, Their Positioning is scary, Using them with STX in FPS games is worse than using maphack if you have a pair of decent ears to go along. People reloading, footsteps from even afar is freaking clear, want to backstab you also hard lol. Plus i believe those will make surround sound enabled media sound even more worthwhile for a pure video viewing experience =)
selfa89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2011, 04:20 PM   #3

Especially now you have STX, The best headphone in synergy with it is Beyerdynamic DT880, Their Positioning is scary, Using them with STX in FPS games is worse than using maphack if you have a pair of decent ears to go along. People reloading, footsteps from even afar is freaking clear, want to backstab you also hard lol. Plus i believe those will make surround sound enabled media sound even more worthwhile for a pure video viewing experience =)
The pricing is

Is there any cheaper ones?

And i don have the STX now. But it seems good so i wanna try it out.

Last edited by xMExHKSx; 19-01-2011 at 04:29 PM..
Old 20-01-2011, 12:09 AM   #4

The pricing is

Is there any cheaper ones?

And i don have the STX now. But it seems good so i wanna try it out.
Cheaper Alternatives = Audio Technica AD700 / Fischer Audio FA-003 , all should be below $300, I know Fa-003 is around $278.50
selfa89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2011, 06:28 AM   #5

Cheaper Alternatives = Audio Technica AD700 / Fischer Audio FA-003 , all should be below $300, I know Fa-003 is around $278.50
Ok. Thanks. Will read some reviews of the Fischer Audio FA-003 and compare next time.
Old 21-02-2011, 12:02 AM   #6

Smile

Might wanna sell my Audio Technica AD700. Excellent for gaming. A quick google search would show you raving reviews

Superb soundstage for this price, but I got too lazy putting these cans on. I'm a quick-gamer, 1 round of BC2, 15 mins and I'm off.

So, current ATP3 speakers are doing me fine. The AD700 are a waste for my usage, super under-utilized

PM if keen

Cheers!
alphaone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2011, 12:34 PM   #7

using the fa-003, does everything well
kuanknightz is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.