HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Head/earphones Recommendations Thread

Like Tree234Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2012, 10:14 PM   #76

you tried it already?

yay another EPH-100 user!
Got my set already today! Staff manage to get me one reserved set from another buyer who is unable to collect because he is overseas.
Cant wait to test it out!
Teng Zai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 10:39 PM   #77

Friendly reminder!

Do very much appreciate for those looking for recommendations to do it in the following format. For sifus helping out, do consider the needs of the request instead of just making statements.

- Your rig (mp3 players, amps, soundcard etc)
- What type of usage (movies/ gaming/ music etc)
- File format used in your source (i.e. flac, mp3 etc)
- Genre of music you listen to (classical, jazz, metal, etc)
- Headphone / earphone type (closed, open, cirumaural, IEM etc)
- Other requirements (if any) (mic, volume control, 5.1ch, 7.1ch etc)
- Budget (in figures)
E1PersonalAudioSg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 10:41 PM   #78

Does anyone have recommendations for places that allows us to try out headphones before buying?
Jaben at Adelphi, Stereo at ION/Plaza Sing, Soundwaves at Katong I12

Got my set already today! Staff manage to get me one reserved set from another buyer who is unable to collect because he is overseas.
Cant wait to test it out!
Great! Please post short review after burn in Most importantly enjoy your new IEM!
kaltzbalger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 12:24 AM   #79
High Supremacy Member

Dont mind me asking fuze vs clip+/zip how would you all compqre it? In terms of battery life/screensize/durability/UI/sound quality
I only have experience with my own Clip+.

But from what I read, Fuze should have a bit longer battery life, larger screen.

Durability, UI and SQ should be similar.

Clip Zip got colour screen, Clip+ don't have.

Clip+ and Fuze got stable Rockbox versions, Clip Zip don't have yet.

WTS: BNIB Zowie G-TF Speed mousepad, CDs
Emospence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 05:49 PM   #80
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi guys, I'm looking for a headphone to connect to my ps3. Can help recommend one? I'm thinking of connect directly to the ps3.

- What type of usage - Gaming
- Headphone (closed or open)
- Other requirements (Preferably have volume control and 5.1ch)
- Budget (Below $100)
rollbread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:04 PM   #81

Hi guys, I'm looking for a headphone to connect to my ps3. Can help recommend one? I'm thinking of connect directly to the ps3.

- What type of usage - Gaming
- Headphone (closed or open)
- Other requirements (Preferably have volume control and 5.1ch)
- Budget (Below $100)
do you need a mic?
razer electra another bro said this was very comfortable, maybe you can give it a try?
silvernoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:23 PM   #82

Your rig - Samsung Note, iPad
- What type of usage - music
- File format used in your source - mp3
- Genre of music you listen to - Chinese Pops
- earphone type
- Other requirements - Looking for mic. Mainly looking for clarity of the music.
- Budget - 700
haloedwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:03 PM   #83
Arch-Supremacy Member

do you need a mic?
razer electra another bro said this was very comfortable, maybe you can give it a try?

I don't need a mic. Thanks for the intro, I'll go take a look. But hope can find something cheaper...
rollbread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:24 PM   #84

I don't need a mic. Thanks for the intro, I'll go take a look. But hope can find something cheaper...
would recommend you to head down to stereo to try it out and if you got challenger membership, can try finding it at challenger.

cheaper range of game headphones can take a look at creative, not too bad.
of course there are better ones just that idk of, wait for other bros to give you recommendation.
silvernoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 12:12 AM   #85

Hi guys, I will be going down to Stereo later this week, but I hope to have some suggestions first!

- Your rig (mp3 players, amps, soundcard etc): Samsung Galaxy Note, and my notebook (Sager NP5160. Has THX Audio).
- What type of usage (movies/ gaming/ music etc): Music.
- File format used in your source (i.e. flac, mp3 etc): mp3, around 192kbps. If anyone knows where I can buy jap songs at higher quality please recommend!
- Genre of music you listen to (classical, jazz, metal, etc): jrock, anime songs, techno.
- Headphone / earphone type (closed, open, cirumaural, IEM etc): closed headphones or IEM.
- Other requirements (if any) (mic, volume control, 5.1ch, 7.1ch etc): Good build quality!
- Budget (in figures): $200

Stereo has this promotion where I can get a fisher audio FA-004 and Digizoid ZO2 @ $198. I'm considering this package, but is it worth it to get a Digizoid ZO2 (An amplifier I'm guessing?) when I read the FA-004 does not require an amp. Would it be better for me to use a higher end headphone instead?
flee0308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 12:35 AM   #86

most headphones dont require an amp but ur player or laptop dont have enough power to drive it properly so an amp is a gd idea
and the digizoid zo2 is not that big
y not try both the fa004 tgr with the zo2 if u like it i think its worth the offer price
Old 05-07-2012, 12:47 AM   #87
Master Member

I see lots of people here post 5.1, 7.1 headphones.
And i feel it's very misleading.

We only have a pair of ears to allow audio inside our ears.
For headphones, 2.0 is as good as full surround, slide volume imbalance left/right side and ull hear the vocals shift places.

It's only on speakers that people practice 5.1, 7.1 channels, as 2.1 speaker placed in front only creates a frontal audio representation.

Music especially comes in 2.0 by default.
E1PersonalAudioSg likes this.
angel99999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 12:16 PM   #88

headphones advice

Hi Guys, I am amaze. In Singapore really every man gadget and hobby also have a forum, I never expect this great threads. I have a dedicated HT room for my movies and gaming but now i only can enjoy my hobby after 11pm, hence i never expect I would need a headphone... looks like i need to start this research... Appreciate this useful thread alot and E1 bro and experts for kind advice to below: Thanks

- Your rig - onkyo amp and PC with entry soundcard

- What type of usage - mainly for PC gaming and occasional movies using amp

- File format used in your source - pc game waves file and mkv files(via amp) I guess

- Genre of music you listen to - instrumental guitar/ unplug chinese pop songs

- Headphone / earphone type - I am not so sure as I thought headphones gives the best sound compare to earphone..I don't need noise cancelling as my HT room is very quiet..I open for advice...

- most importantly is best comfort and light for Headphones
- can do wireless, must have vol adjust knob..Preferably don't want those usb headphones. Have mic also just incase i need to chat during PC gaming.

- Budget - $150-200

I have a query whether by choosing a wireless headphone, actually the price is much more yet we lose quality compared to a wired headset? I always feel that wireless is very costly and will compromise on quality compare to a similar priced wired model? Tks.
boons4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 01:16 PM   #89

Hi Guys, I am amaze. In Singapore really every man gadget and hobby also have a forum, I never expect this great threads. I have a dedicated HT room for my movies and gaming but now i only can enjoy my hobby after 11pm, hence i never expect I would need a headphone... looks like i need to start this research... Appreciate this useful thread alot and E1 bro and experts for kind advice to below: Thanks

- Your rig - onkyo amp and PC with entry soundcard

- File format used in your source - pc game waves file and mkv files(via amp) I guess

- Headphone / earphone type - I am not so sure as I thought headphones gives the best sound compare to earphone..I don't need noise cancelling as my HT room is very quiet..I open for advice...

- can do wireless, must have vol adjust knob..Preferably don't want those usb headphones. Have mic also just incase i need to chat during PC gaming.

- Budget - $150-200

I have a query whether by choosing a wireless headphone, actually the price is much more yet we lose quality compared to a wired headset? I always feel that wireless is very costly and will compromise on quality compare to a similar priced wired model? Tks.
Headphones are not necessarily better sounding than earphones But for gaming, yes headphone is the better option. Personally I do not like wireless headphones. The tech makes them so expensive.

I have not bought any headphone for purely gaming purpose so I can't comment on how good this or that is

Anyway you can look here for more info abt gaming+personal listening cans:
Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: Updated: 6/10/2012 (Ultrasone Pro 2900 added + many edits)

Last edited by kaltzbalger; 05-07-2012 at 01:19 PM..
kaltzbalger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 04:47 PM   #90

Hi Kaltz,
your link is superb thanks... Good readings. I realise you are very right I should go for wired open headphones to get the best bang for the bugs. So i amend my requirement hope more bros can help me out to suggest models. Thanks.

Your rig - onkyo amp and PC with entry soundcard

- Headphone / earphone type - Open headphones

- must have vol adjust knob..
- Dn't want those usb headphones.
- Prefer to Have mic also just incase i need to chat during PC gaming.

- Budget - $150-200
boons4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.