file format used in source-mp3
genre of music you listen to-pop,rock and easy listening
headphone/earphone type-headphone
other requirements-light and comfortable
budget-$200
bose AE2, insanely comfortable.
silvernoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 07:06 PM   #122

Do you guys notice that some replies are aimed to advertise rather than to give best possible suggestions based on the asker's preference? Or is it just me being too skeptical?

I don't feel like those responses are about audiophiles sharing suggestions based on their knowledge/experience

(PS: just some replies, which I do not want to point out straight)
kaltzbalger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 08:04 PM   #123

Do you guys notice that some replies are aimed to advertise rather than to give best possible suggestions based on the asker's preference? Or is it just me being too skeptical?

I don't feel like those responses are about audiophiles sharing suggestions based on their knowledge/experience

(PS: just some replies, which I do not want to point out straight)
i dont have much experience with a lot but i try my best since some of the request went unanswered for very long..
E1PersonalAudioSg likes this.
Old 11-07-2012, 08:17 PM   #124

bose AE2, insanely comfortable.
what's the price of bose AE2? presently i'm using ath m50. i'll be using for two days of flying
and my final flight will be on beech craft super noisy propeller.
fffrozzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 08:33 PM   #125

what's the price of bose AE2? presently i'm using ath m50. i'll be using for two days of flying
and my final flight will be on beech craft super noisy propeller.
stereo now got promo selling at 199. but not sure if it is able to isolate that much noise away. other wise you can try noise cancelling headphones? dont really have much variety at below 200. i think jaben is selling the goldring ns1000 below 200? rather comfortable imo.
Old 12-07-2012, 12:32 AM   #126

i dont have much experience with a lot but i try my best since some of the request went unanswered for very long..
What I was referring to is the intention of giving suggestion, not the content (experience) itself.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:39 AM   #127

Where can I find Munitio Billets? TIA
sunkissg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:08 PM   #128

Where can I find Munitio Billets? TIA
Already PMed, please check
E1PersonalAudioSg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2012, 01:59 PM   #129

What I was referring to is the intention of giving suggestion, not the content (experience) itself.

hmm all should be mature enough to to know the differences between recommendations for brand/module compared to recommendationsfor shop/brand/model no?
Old 13-07-2012, 02:47 PM   #130

hmm all should be mature enough to to know the differences between recommendations for brand/module compared to recommendationsfor shop/brand/model no?
Then you have not realised that sum1 here (that I shall not mention), is implicitly advertising rather than sharing.
Old 13-07-2012, 03:35 PM   #131

Then you have not realised that sum1 here (that I shall not mention), is implicitly advertising rather than sharing.
haha to each his own right?
his post is actually useful to some ppl like mi..
i suspect im gonna have problems looking for a shop that has EPH-100, and i may not have time to shop around till i find it

eh guys while we're at this topic, anybody can recommand me 3 shops (in the city or east) from the list below to buy my EPH-100?
http://yamaha-corporation.force.com/...sual&limit=all

Last edited by xxxJinGxxx; 13-07-2012 at 03:51 PM..
xxxJinGxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2012, 04:57 PM   #132

haha to each his own right?
his post is actually useful to some ppl like mi..
i suspect im gonna have problems looking for a shop that has EPH-100, and i may not have time to shop around till i find it

eh guys while we're at this topic, anybody can recommand me 3 shops (in the city or east) from the list below to buy my EPH-100?
Dealer Locator - Singapore
Recommending only items that you sell even though there are better options. It is like when you have a sushi restaurant, your friend ask you where to eat good spaghetti, but you tell him to eat sushi. Nothing illegal or unethical with that, but that does not seem right, at least for me.

If you find it useful that is good. But sometimes I do not see the reason in recommending some of the item mentioned. I also do not know that much about these stuff, but recommendations should be given with objectivity. If General Paper has taught me anything, it is that internet often confuse people with unreliable answers.
Old 13-07-2012, 05:05 PM   #133

This is most probably the most active recommendation thread in the region. Many seek recommendations over there including Singaporeans. Simply because the responses come fast and furious from both traders and audiophiles alike. Relationship between them were cordial like a brotherhood. If the item suits the request, don't see the problem at all. In fact, it is good for Hardware Zone, it is good for Stereo as traffic will be much higher than current.

Headphones / Earphones Recommendation Corner V7
E1PersonalAudioSg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2012, 05:15 PM   #134

If the advice suits, yes there is nothing wrong. Only IF. I still do not think it is okay to give recommendations without objectivity. If other forumners are okay I cannot do anything as well. Just pointing out what can be improved in this thread.
Old 13-07-2012, 05:49 PM   #135
Arch-Supremacy Member

If the advice suits, yes there is nothing wrong. Only IF. I still do not think it is okay to give recommendations without objectivity. If other forumners are okay I cannot do anything as well. Just pointing out what can be improved in this thread.
imho, It's up to the due diligence of the buyer to listen to advice from interested parties.

Of course, fruit sellers say their fruit is the sweetest. The buyer if still take advice wholeheartedly. Who to blame?
focus1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.