Headphone recable/repair

GrimaH

Master Member
Reaction score
Who do you go to when your headphones is in need of recabling/repair and DIY or repair centre is not an option?

My much-loved and badly abused HD555 is on the verge of falling apart. The screws on the headband are all loose or gone, the wires have torn apart (and got taped back) repeatedly, and I think the wiring connection to the drivers are giving way as the right side seems to have gone lower in volume. I'll prolly just glue back the headband, but I'll have to replace all the wires first, but nobody at any of the usual repair shops dealing with wires or electronic gadgets will agree to try their hand at fixing it up, which surprised me considering how easy everyone says it is to recable headphones.

And no, I'm not doing soldering DIY. I don't even know how to solder, let alone have a soldering kit :D

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.