Help! I can't remove the detachable cable from my Shure SE846

arn.yong

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I have a shure 846 which i have used heavily - to the point where I have worn the built in cable out.

I wanted to change the cable but i realized - i can't pull the cable out from the earphones at all! :o

Any help? Thanks! :D

GotBetrayed

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Here got 1 expert called guan22. Pm him he can help u. Audio legend here

arn.yong

Reaction score
Here got 1 expert called guan22. Pm him he can help u. Audio legend here

Whew, managed to solve it myself with a nose plier :s13:

Sounds extreme, i know, but since the cable is spoilt already, i didn't mind tugging it out with the plier holding on to the cable. I'm sure the earphones shoudn't spoil since it wasn't really much strength and the cable was meant to be tugged out :D

Anyway, another question. Anyone know of Any place where i can get a official shure replacement cable for the earphones? The spare cable they gave me become yellow already :(

Wanted to check with guan22, but i saw all his cable is super ex, not within my budget...besides, i'm quite happy with shure cables :o

arn.yong

Reaction score
Just to be clear, i'm looking for the official shure cable like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Shure-Detacha...13580&sr=1-6&keywords=shure+cable+replacement

31xlTuhB%2B1L.jpg

Anyone knows where i can get this in Singapore? (E.g. a retailer?)Thanks!

arn.yong

Reaction score
Jaben I think. But can try ordering other cables also?

Around the amazon price of the shure cable can already :D

Was considering just sticking to current cable, Because i'm quite happy with the shure cable, think it was more than rugged enough to have survived this long.

Besides, the SQ of it was really good, not sure if any other cable at this price range (ard $50) would actually beat it for durability + SQ :s22:

GotBetrayed

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Around the amazon price of the shure cable can already :D

Was considering just sticking to current cable, Because i'm quite happy with the shure cable, think it was more than rugged enough to have survived this long.

Besides, the SQ of it was really good, not sure if any other cable at this price range (ard $50) would actually beat it for durability + SQ :s22:

Can test out custom cables at some shops. Got many more cables better than stock cable. More expensive though

arn.yong

Reaction score
Can test out custom cables at some shops. Got many more cables better than stock cable. More expensive though

LOL, that was why i wanted to stick with stock cable :D
Any recommendations for shure cables ard $50-90?

Any feedback for FiiO RC-SE1 Shure Cable? Stereo Electronics recommended this one to me earlier ($59)

Dun want those super ex ones, cuz cables are something that can break very quickly :s13:

Oh btw, i'm not in a rush to buy the cable, just looking for another set of wires first while i let nature take it's course, to break my second cable =:p

GotBetrayed

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Any feedback for FiiO RC-SE1 Shure Cable? Stereo Electronics recommended this one to me earlier ($59)

Dun want those super ex ones, cuz cables are something that can break very quickly :s13:

Oh btw, i'm not in a rush to buy the cable, just looking for another set of wires first while i let nature take it's course, to break my second cable =:p

In that case just buy the shure cable then. Can try looking for it. Think the fiio cable seems to be decent as well you can go try it.

N3wXTyp3

Master Member
Reaction score

Good cable last, because the materials and construction are top-grade but then shite happens.

arn.yong

Reaction score
Good cable last, because the materials and construction are top-grade but then shite happens.

My thoughts exactly. Funny thing is shite always seems to happen to my earphones :s13:

In that case just buy the shure cable then. Can try looking for it. Think the fiio cable seems to be decent as well you can go try it.

Yeah, i'll be finding another shure original cable.
Not going to try the fiio cable because 1) Don't like the design and 2) Look at this, Looks like the fiio QC for their cheap cables are down the trash can. :D

http://www.head-fi.org/t/669112/fiio-aftermarket-iem-cables-rc-wt1-rc-se1-rc-ue2/15

So nope, not gonna take a risk for my precious earphones. The last thing i want is an expensive repair job :)

liewhl

Reaction score

just get this 49 sgd SPC cable from null audio

http://www.null-audio.com/products/brevity-5n-cgocc-a-spc-earphone-cable

they have other cable also, which you can audit too before you buy.

ddwmk2002

Reaction score
I think sony z5 upgrade cable can fit too. come to think of it...I hav z5, z5 upgrade cable and 846 but never once try it out on 846. will try 2moro when free.

arn.yong

Reaction score
I think sony z5 upgrade cable can fit too. come to think of it...I hav z5, z5 upgrade cable and 846 but never once try it out on 846. will try 2moro when free.

Haha wow, do let us know how it works out, silver coated OFC cable, looks good!

just get this 49 sgd SPC cable from null audio

http://www.null-audio.com/products/brevity-5n-cgocc-a-spc-earphone-cable

they have other cable also, which you can audit too before you buy.

Thanks for the suggestion, will have a look at it!

arn.yong

Reaction score
By the way, anyone knows what material is the Shure SE846 wire made off? (E.g. copper or silver?) Can't seem to find the wire material type anywhere :o

KlavierX

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dont think its worth if you spend more than 200 for cables, unless you can really feel a great jump in performance.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.