iBasso DX50 music player

Like Tree384Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2013, 09:39 PM   #751
Supremacy Member

blardy hell... cant properly play music files... piss off lol
Old 07-09-2013, 10:17 PM   #752
Master Member

The DX50 makes the X3 look like the village idiot.
FatalethaL and KlavierX like this.

Donations welcome.
rickysio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 10:32 PM   #753
High Supremacy Member

Anyone got compare dx50 with ak120?
Nakedtoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 11:32 PM   #754
Supremacy Member

U make it feel like getting it sia. How does it compare to cowon? What cowon device are u using btw
I already have a buyer to buy my Cowon J3.. its abt 2 year old liao... battery life still as awesome.

in terms of sound signature, it is extremely difficult to place this 2 tgt. largely because J3 is far too customisable to suit the user's needs with EQ. When a properly EQ J3 is synergised with whichever you are using... u pretty much want to keep it for good.. tats y i kept it till now since b4 GE2011.

The only issue with J3 is its lack of spatial depth (and of coz the background) when compared to my Rolex with its extremely good pitch black background with a very nicely layered "wide" spatial depth to all frequency range? *sry i cant exactly put it into words now, i hope u get wat i mean here*

As for the DX50 in itself, it has a very nice extremely layered staging, however, it lacked the depth of wat my Rolex has to offer. HOWEVER, though the DX50 has its own limited depth, but within its limitations, it has achieve plentiful layers of musicality within it.
*Just in case if u want to quantify how far/deep the spatial depth can go, lets just say for me, AK100 is 10km, while DX50 is abt maybe 3-4km?*
Also, specifically speaking, most of the layering of the DX50 comes from the vocal range. so to peeps who like mid centric sources, this is a MUST.

In conclusion, if you're the individual who... hmm... maybe say wants an easy player to synergise with simply anything, Cowon is the way to go with its EQ (you really cannot go wrong with Cowon). DX50 still needs to find the right partner to deliver good quality music.

But do also take note, this DX50 impressions is only based on a "beta" firmware, and i did not play with its EQ. Sound signature may change over the different versions of firmware, just like how DX100 and AK100/120 changes as the firmware version changes... not to mention the guy who made Listrid firmware for AK products is looking at DX50 right now... so... it might also be a chance for users to play around with the firmware versions to see which suits the user better.

If you wanna discuss more abt DX50, feel free to PM me

Anyone got compare dx50 with ak120?

basically it is a typical normal durian versus a cat mountain king durian.. how to fight? of coz cat mountain king win lah. unless ur palate sucks... then bwg.

But like i said, AK120, or rather AK series, really demands good mastering/recording music. mainstream music like... katy perry... EEEEEEESSSSHHHHHHH. LOL!
Also, Haonan and I have also agreed that on the AK120, if you were to play any poorly recorded music tracks on it, the phenomenal 3d staging of the AK120 turns so artificial that it really sounds damn bad. However, when i played my classical pieces on it... fuah.. my ear drum wud jizz. LOL
boleh7 and SenGuards like this.

Last edited by FatalethaL; 08-09-2013 at 12:01 AM..
FatalethaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 11:57 PM   #755

oh man..everybody got their hands on the dx50 liao.... Connect it faster get XD
hengyichew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 12:10 AM   #756
Supremacy Member

I already have a buyer to buy my Cowon J3.. its abt 2 year old liao... battery life still as awesome.

in terms of sound signature, it is extremely difficult to place this 2 tgt. largely because J3 is far too customisable to suit the user's needs with EQ. When a properly EQ J3 is synergised with whichever you are using... u pretty much want to keep it for good.. tats y i kept it till now since b4 GE2011.

The only issue with J3 is its lack of spatial depth (and of coz the background) when compared to my Rolex with its extremely good pitch black background with a very nicely layered "wide" spatial depth to all frequency range? *sry i cant exactly put it into words now, i hope u get wat i mean here*

As for the DX50 in itself, it has a very nice extremely layered staging, however, it lacked the depth of wat my Rolex has to offer. HOWEVER, though the DX50 has its own limited depth, but within its limitations, it has achieve plentiful layers of musicality within it.
*Just in case if u want to quantify how far/deep the spatial depth can go, lets just say for me, AK100 is 10km, while DX50 is abt maybe 3-4km?*
Also, specifically speaking, most of the layering of the DX50 comes from the vocal range. so to peeps who like mid centric sources, this is a MUST.

In conclusion, if you're the individual who... hmm... maybe say wants an easy player to synergise with simply anything, Cowon is the way to go with its EQ (you really cannot go wrong with Cowon). DX50 still needs to find the right partner to deliver good quality music.

But do also take note, this DX50 impressions is only based on a "beta" firmware, and i did not play with its EQ. Sound signature may change over the different versions of firmware, just like how DX100 and AK100/120 changes as the firmware version changes... not to mention the guy who made Listrid firmware for AK products is looking at DX50 right now... so... it might also be a chance for users to play around with the firmware versions to see which suits the user better.

If you wanna discuss more abt DX50, feel free to PM me

basically it is a typical normal durian versus a cat mountain king durian.. how to fight? of coz cat mountain king win lah. unless ur palate sucks... then bwg.

But like i said, AK120, or rather AK series, really demands good mastering/recording music. mainstream music like... katy perry... EEEEEEESSSSHHHHHHH. LOL!
Also, Haonan and I have also agreed that on the AK120, if you were to play any poorly recorded music tracks on it, the phenomenal 3d staging of the AK120 turns so artificial that it really sounds damn bad. However, when i played my classical pieces on it... fuah.. my ear drum wud jizz. LOL
Nice comparison here. I'm using cowon z2, and looking for a player which is affordable and able to deliver it more than my z2. To be honest, I am sick of using e12 with z2, and hopes that I can just use dx50 without having to amp it.

Last edited by GotBetrayed; 08-09-2013 at 12:14 AM..
GotBetrayed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 12:52 AM   #757
High Supremacy Member

Wah, alrdy got ppl selling DX50 at blue forum... fast sia..
Old 08-09-2013, 12:54 AM   #758
High Supremacy Member

Sigh. I hands on the DX50 with my microSD card. Bad experience. Most of my FLAC files didn't managed to get played though.
CeSaRiO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 01:15 AM   #759
Master Member

All of mine that I tested were fine. Had more issues with guangong DX100 ignoring my FLACs hahahaha.

Donations welcome.
Old 08-09-2013, 07:25 AM   #760
Supremacy Member

I think second batch of DX50 has been shipped out. I got my tracking number already.
Old 08-09-2013, 07:41 AM   #761

Gt ppl at head** says can drive lcd2 to a satisfying lvl!!! even better at driving then his ak120.
Random_Number is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 02:59 PM   #762
Master Member

Fast hand fast leg. Teasers:

Donations welcome.
Old 08-09-2013, 03:00 PM   #763
High Supremacy Member

Fast hand fast leg. Teasers:

wow u hooted from who?
or reviewer set?
Rubick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 03:02 PM   #764
Master Member

Someone on VR.

Donations welcome.
Old 08-09-2013, 03:03 PM   #765
High Supremacy Member

Oh saw it yesterday. U damn fast hand fast leg
Rubick is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.