HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

IEM with high impedance / Headphones recommendation

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2009, 04:51 AM   #1

IEM with high impedance / Headphones recommendation

Hi,

For my 1st question:

I'm looking for good IEMs you can recommend with high impedance (I suppose 32 ohms? Are there any?) under $200.

I read that high impedance can cut down static/white/interference noise from the source. I hear such noise from my laptop using Creative EP630, but surprisingly I could not hear those noise when I'm using the stock earphones from my Samsung YP-P3. Is this due to a higher impedance of the Samsung earphones?

I would want an IEM so I could use it on my laptop when I'm travelling overseas, and for my P3 as well.

2nd question

I'm looking for headphones I can use at home. For a maximum budget of $250-$300.

Looks like Alessandro MS-1 is pretty popular and has a very good reputation here. Is this the best I can buy for the price range?

3rd question

Related to 2nd question, what if I opt for a closed can headphones for less sound leakage and a bit more sound isolation, what would be the best alternative to Alessandro MS-1?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
krionX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 12:38 PM   #2

the impedance is somewhat related to the sensitivity of the IEM. Lower sensitivity will reduce hiss. But there are exceptions, the SE530 has a moderate impedance but has quite a high sensitivity. It's the sensitivity that matters most when it comes to reducing the hiss.

Higher impedance will impose a larger load on your source and for most PMPs, this will reduce bass roll off. Don't bother with the intricacies.

You should visit Stereo or Jaben to try out the headphones/IEMs.
daniel1703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 01:08 PM   #3
High Supremacy Member

not too sure which is the best headphone for ur budget
u should go audition different brand before deciding
anyhowsaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 11:23 PM   #4
Great Supremacy Member

32 is not really high impedance
but if you want, you could just get a in-line Volume Control from shure or something
variable resistor.

MS-1 is below 200
newer version out. MS-1i. i=improved.
still below 200 XD

not sure about any closed cans alternative to the MS-1...

Xperia XZP
PC> Geek Pulse fi > DT 990 Pro
chesterqw is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.