Jh Audio & questions

vichyssoise

Reaction score
does anyone own any of their products? if by chance anyone owns the jh 16 and the UM miracle, how do they compare?

thinking of gettign a pair of jh16's. are the stock cables that come with it any good? thanks

xfluidx

Reaction score
Jaben got universal unit to try right for JH IIRC?

Stereo got universal unit for miracle also ma.

donberry

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
does anyone own any of their products? if by chance anyone owns the jh 16 and the UM miracle, how do they compare?

thinking of gettign a pair of jh16's. are the stock cables that come with it any good? thanks

i dun think there will be many pple to own both to comment ... best is for u to go to both shops to try ... but want to compare a and b on the same spot is difficult

JackDulouz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I got my pair of JH13 recently. The cable that came with it is quite good IMO.

I wanted a pair of JH16 initially, but was worried the bass would overwhelm me, so decided to stick to JH13, no regrets so far. Btw i listen mostly to trance.

So like others have commented, try both first before u commit.

Btw if u are particular abt the exterior finishing of the iems, I would say UM is much better. I also own a pair of UM reshelled tf10 btw.

zhuang_zijian

Reaction score
tried both demo sets b4. jh16 seriously was c*** to mine and another guy ears. then again 2 other frens thought they were superb so YMMV miracle was wonderfully clear and musical but no enough warmth for me

Chevalier

Master Member
Reaction score
i own the jh 16 with twag cable.

never looked back.

btw im using cowon J3.

ive owned....um1, um2,westone 3, westone 4, MTPC.

to each his own, mine was a leap of faith.....i didnt audition before i bought em....u shld go audition em before u do though.....all iems have different sound signature....just gotta find what u like....could be $50 vs $1800

Chevalier

Master Member
Reaction score
I auditioned Miracle and JH13 & JH16 briefly. In the end took Chevalier's wise advice and got myself JH16. It really lives up to its reputation. I always had this impression that more bass drivers means more bass and couldn't quite understand Jerry Harvey's comment that JH16 is not more bassier than JH13. The JH16 although having 4drivers dedicated to lows does not sound like a bass heavy iem like ie8 which has a dark signature.

What's so great about JH16 for me is its versatility. Bass not overpowering with classicals yet bass is so strong with dance. It handles all genres of music very well which is what sets it apart from the other iems. Its difficult to judge an iem with a few minutes of auditioning.

* blush blush blush* glad ur liking it bro

now TwAG it!! >=D

btw on that note, bass also has a spectrum of frequencies, so when we talk abt "punch, impact etc etc" each of the bass drivers handle different set and provides a more detailed bass deliver <----this is my own interpretation and understanding

Last edited:

vichyssoise

Reaction score
* blush blush blush* glad ur liking it bro

now TwAG it!! >=D

btw on that note, bass also has a spectrum of frequencies, so when we talk abt "punch, impact etc etc" each of the bass drivers handle different set and provides a more detailed bass deliver <----this is my own interpretation and understanding

how much did u get the jh16s for? is the cowon 3 able to maximise the power of the jh16 without an amp? are u using an amp? if yes which one?

Chevalier

Master Member
Reaction score
how much did u get the jh16s for? is the cowon 3 able to maximise the power of the jh16 without an amp? are u using an amp? if yes which one?

in total including one refit...i spent approx $1750 (iem only, excluding twag)....the j3 is able to drive the unit unamped.

i used fedex for shipping both times

some people prefer the flexibility of an amp to bring out more detail which im sure the J3 is unable to but to me, i adjust the EQ on the j3 until i found my sweet spot....

anyways i prefer to use without amp, find it a hassle to bring an amp + mp3 + iem especially since i want it portable :D

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mine too over a month due to defects etc. But at least they have the courtesy to keep me updated unlike jaben

Evolution9

Reaction score
Looks like I am also going direct to JH Audio after all these feedback. Sick of bargaining with Jaben despite I have already bought so much stuff from them. Can someone advise whether the costs include shipping back to Singapore? So I only pay for impression, postage to JH audio for my impression and that's it? Thanks for your help.

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmm. I used my account throughout. So I more or less covered everything myself

Randius

Reaction score
Better to get directly from JH when they have promotion. My friend bought his JH16 during a promotion and he can afford to refit (redo impression + send via Fedex) 3 times before coming close to Jaben's price. He had only one refit so it ended up almost $300 cheaper than getting from Jaben.

Randius

Reaction score
Try during their festive seasons. They had a 15% discount last November and IIRC think it applies to all except JH5.

Evolution9

Reaction score
Thanks for all the great info. For those who customize their jh-16, how much do they charge for customization as cannot find on their website. The carbon faceplate looks really nice.

JackDulouz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the great info. For those who customize their jh-16, how much do they charge for customization as cannot find on their website. The carbon faceplate looks really nice.

Carbon faceplate is US$50. Or u can choose titanium faceplate as well.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.