HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

JVC HA-FXZ200

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-12-2012, 11:55 PM   #16

Comparing Tf10 with fxz100 now. The result, will put my Tf10 on sale very soon.
izaku8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2012, 12:03 AM   #17
Banned

Comparing Tf10 with fxz100 now. The result, will put my Tf10 on sale very soon.
do you have tdk ba200 to compare also?
derazor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2012, 12:54 AM   #18
Arch-Supremacy Member

The HA-FXZ100/FXZ200 series has been creating quite abit of buzz on HF lately, mainly bcos it left gd impressions on Currawong, one of the main admins of the website who attended the 2012 Headphone Fest over at JP. I have to admit I'm curious as well, but according to the user reviews/impressions so far and what DSnuts had mentioned, apparently this is a basshead IEM so I guess that's out for me lol.

@derazor: you looking for improvement in bass quality or something else to yr current TDK BA200's? If you are looking for fantastic lows these JVC's will have it, hell don't say triple-dynamics, I think even Sony's single dynamic EX800ST's (aka MDR-7550, go look thru Joker's multi-IEM thread he didn't review it officially yet but did mentioned it during some comparisons with other top tier universals) would beat the BA200's to pulp easily in terms of bass factor and soundstage/imaging presentation.

In terms of highs it has good clarity and smooth refinement, but may lack that sparkle/energy for some ppl's listening preference (some ppl however preferred the EX800's treble to the EX1000 flagship due to lack of sibilance, but in regards to that I actually preferred using EX1000's 7N-OFC cable on my own pair of EX800ST, as I seem to like brighter stuff). I'm talking abt EX800ST's though, not the JVCs but I believe the JVC's do accomplish the highs fine as well, judging from the japanese reviews I have read.
Old 20-12-2012, 05:22 PM   #19
Banned

haonan bro,

I heard a lot of ppl say the mids are pretty good. does the jvc beat it in this area?
derazor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2012, 01:45 AM   #20
Arch-Supremacy Member

I have no idea derazor, midrange qualities in my humble opinion when it comes down to each respective IEMs/headphones is one factor that cannot simply be measured in a terms of qualitative or quantitative statement/meaning, bcos each and everyone of us have our own preferences towards sound, like for example I believe some ppl prefer their mids to be more lush-sounding/warm and silky, while others may prefer a more clean/well-articulated mids that doesn't sound too smoothed over. (usually mids that are too warm/smoothed over can affect the harmonics of some instruments or affect the overall transparency/clarity in terms of higher-pitched female vocals IMHO)

I did came across that write-up by AV Watch Impress sometime back, the japanese editors were comparing this to the Shure SE535 (i believe it's the norm edition not LTD). According to them, in terms of treble brightness it does not sound as bright compared to the SE535 actually, but the midrange properties in terms of vocals presentation doesn't have any tinge of metallic-ness or leaness to them (which are the typical midrange properties of the Shures as far as I recall), instead the HA-FXZ200's vocals presentation feels quite fleshed out with a good body presence, with a slight FR tilt towards lower-mids.

However they did mentioned the treble still feels well detailed w/o any muddiness or veil to it. (which isn't very surprising considering I have nv heard of their previous FX700/FXD80/70/60 series feeling veiled at all in terms of treble quality in user reviews)

These do actually stick out of yr ears quite abit though as shown in the below pictures provided by AV Watch, just like Sony's EX Monitor series or ATH's Solid Bass CKS series. So not very sure if everyone will be okay with that, personally for me I would prefer a more unobtrusive ergonomics/fit for my iems.

Old 22-12-2012, 01:29 AM   #21
Master Member

Looks like even worse ergonomics than the TF10...

Donations welcome.
rickysio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2012, 02:06 AM   #22
Arch-Supremacy Member

Looks like even worse ergonomics than the TF10...
Lol, seems to be so. But looks like since this is a triple-DD iem, it looks like there is no other way around the aesthetics/form-factor liao so it seems like their engineers were out of ideas how to build around it. Of course they could have gone the way of the Sony EX series/Radius TWF11K series, but maybe JVC didn't wanna be accused of plagiarism afterall.
Old 22-12-2012, 03:51 PM   #23
Master Member

TWF11K is actually single driver but DUAL diaphragm. It's not a dual driver unlike what most people think. Lol.

Donations welcome.
Old 23-12-2012, 10:22 PM   #24
Arch-Supremacy Member

TWF11K is actually single driver but DUAL diaphragm. It's not a dual driver unlike what most people think. Lol.
I just realised both of us were wrong, there's no TWF11K model, cos the K only applies to the HP-TWF21K model, their 2nd generation of the DDM iem models (Dual Diaphragm Matrix). Was originally referring to the first-gen HP-TWF11R models, the one that's shaped like Sony's MDR-EX700 series.

Anyway dual diaphragm or dual driver, it doesn't matter as I was only making cross references btw their housing form-factor/design that's all. Btw Sony's do not have any dual driver IEMs released so far atm as well.
Old 23-12-2012, 10:46 PM   #25
Master Member

I just realised both of us were wrong, there's no TWF11K model, cos the K only applies to the HP-TWF21K model, their 2nd generation of the DDM iem models (Dual Diaphragm Matrix). Was originally referring to the first-gen HP-TWF11R models, the one that's shaped like Sony's MDR-EX700 series.

Anyway dual diaphragm or dual driver, it doesn't matter as I was only making cross references btw their housing form-factor/design that's all. Btw Sony's do not have any dual driver IEMs released so far atm as well.
I'm using a TWF11K. K is for kuro - black.

Donations welcome.
Old 23-12-2012, 10:55 PM   #26
Arch-Supremacy Member

Oh I see, thks for the clarification there bro Ricky. Seems like due to Kakaku.com main review pg I saw, I thought the exact model for their 1st-gen ones are known as HP-TWF11R and no K. Seems like the last letter denotation actually stands for the IEM color, I just realised only now since it's avail in both Red and Black.
Old 23-12-2012, 11:21 PM   #27
Master Member

Oh I see, thks for the clarification there bro Ricky. Seems like due to Kakaku.com main review pg I saw, I thought the exact model for their 1st-gen ones are known as HP-TWF11R and no K. Seems like the last letter denotation actually stands for the IEM color, I just realised only now since it's avail in both Red and Black.
Radius isn't exactly sure what to call it themselves IIRC. There were other alternative names floating about as well.

I recalled that I tested it against a new FXT90 and didn't find much difference, but that was so long ago I'm not sure already. Wonder how the FXZ200 sounds...

Donations welcome.
Old 24-12-2012, 12:36 AM   #28
Arch-Supremacy Member

Radius isn't exactly sure what to call it themselves IIRC. There were other alternative names floating about as well.

I recalled that I tested it against a new FXT90 and didn't find much difference, but that was so long ago I'm not sure already. Wonder how the FXZ200 sounds...
HA-FXT90 actually also got quite abit of dense presence in terms of lower-mids body texture/timbre, which was also mentioned in that AV Watch japanese review for the later FXZ200, makes me wonder if they have the exact sound signature with the exception of more sub-bass factor. (since these are based on that Carbon Nanotube diaphragm drivers, which was used in FXT90's as well)

In any case, those locals owners of FXZ100/FXZ200 is jin amazing ah, suddenly just MIA-ed from this thread especially the threadstarter, nv even give any brief impressions then disappear into thin air liao. Talk abt being selfish b-astards, so they is just create thread to hao-lian their hoots nia.
Old 24-12-2012, 12:41 AM   #29
Master Member

Ya lo ya lo...

Come here show off make people gian only then diam diam liao.

Donations welcome.
Old 24-12-2012, 01:02 AM   #30
Banned

Oops sry guys, well im not the TS but im considered one of the early adopters. It's not that i dont wanna give my impression but im very bad at writing reviews or expressing my feelings through words and also im very bad at english in terms of vocabulary, so yeah..
velato2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.