HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

JVC HA-FXZ200

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-12-2012, 11:56 AM   #31

+1
if you all have any questions, just ask. i'll try to answer.
note: only have 100. not 200.

my 1 sentence impression: it's just not like other earphones that i have

Oops sry guys, well im not the TS but im considered one of the early adopters. It's not that i dont wanna give my impression but im very bad at writing reviews or expressing my feelings through words and also im very bad at english in terms of vocabulary, so yeah..
izaku8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2012, 02:43 PM   #32
Master Member

Any mid bass bloat, sibilance, ergonomics, fit, the usual la.

Donations welcome.
rickysio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2012, 08:17 PM   #33

it has heavy bass but very good control. No sibilance at all.
It looks big like TF10 but you should be able to put on it without fitting problem. You just cannot sleep with it

You can wear it cable-down or over-the-ear.
Good cable so there is no or very low microphonics.

it has warm signature than flat or analytical.

Any mid bass bloat, sibilance, ergonomics, fit, the usual la.
izaku8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2012, 02:03 AM   #34

Just got mine (FXZ200) today from singpost. Basically its a basshead IEM, but the mids and trebles aren't that lacking for a dynamic IEM. It can sound fine and adequately "balanced" if you crank up the volume a bit. Bass still much more prominent tho, can't change that (duh). Definitely better than the likes of atrio and IE8, based on memory.

Fit wise i really don't know what JVC is thinking. Most comfortable would be the normal way with the L/R part sticking out, but the fit isn't very stable. Over the ear method is viable too, but i'd imagine it won't be comfortable for long hours. Just weird design.

Cable quality looks good, seems tangle free and sturdy. Reminds me of philips SHE9850 i had a long time ago (the cable quality was the only positive point of that IEM...).

And there's the ridiculously small JVC pouch AGAIN.
qwertified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2012, 02:25 PM   #35

Just got mine (FXZ200) today from singpost. Basically its a basshead IEM, but the mids and trebles aren't that lacking for a dynamic IEM. It can sound fine and adequately "balanced" if you crank up the volume a bit. Bass still much more prominent tho, can't change that (duh). Definitely better than the likes of atrio and IE8, based on memory.

Fit wise i really don't know what JVC is thinking. Most comfortable would be the normal way with the L/R part sticking out, but the fit isn't very stable. Over the ear method is viable too, but i'd imagine it won't be comfortable for long hours. Just weird design.

Cable quality looks good, seems tangle free and sturdy. Reminds me of philips SHE9850 i had a long time ago (the cable quality was the only positive point of that IEM...).

And there's the ridiculously small JVC pouch AGAIN.

Dude, too bad you dun like it. Can you sell it to me at half price? I dun mind having another of this great iem.

Last edited by austy; 25-12-2012 at 02:32 PM..
austy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2012, 06:03 PM   #36
Master Member

Interested in testing it actually...

Donations welcome.
Old 17-01-2013, 03:21 PM   #37

Thinking of getting both FXZ100, and FXZ200, then burn both in for 100 hours, and compare them to each other and to my FXT90, which has been my ANTIDOTE to more expensive poison so far. I'll just sell off either one, or both, depending on how they sound.
xuan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2013, 05:39 PM   #38
Master Member

can anyone show whats in the package? and can also share what price u all managed to get it after shipping etc etc ?

and also any place that sells it locally?
zhubajie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2013, 09:47 AM   #39

Is there anyone in Singapore who has both the FXZ100 and FXZ200?
Old 18-01-2013, 12:55 PM   #40

Apologies for the noob question. My regular US amazon account won't work with amazon.jp rite? I'll need to sign up a new one using an address from Tenso?

First time buyin from jpn
mogucon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2013, 01:41 PM   #41

Apologies for the noob question. My regular US amazon account won't work with amazon.jp rite? I'll need to sign up a new one using an address from Tenso?

First time buyin from jpn
Whoa.... just realize that Amazon jp is selling them for alot less than what it'll cost from amazon usa. In fact the fxz100 price is just a little more than what i paid for my FXT90....
Old 18-01-2013, 02:20 PM   #42
High Supremacy Member

I tested quickly the 100 and 200 in HK. 200 is much better than 100 in terms of mids and highs. Bass about the same.

Its for bass head, totally not clarity to me lah. And the price is actually a bit more expensive than UM3X RC, so thats why i grabbed UM3X RC without any 2nd thoughts.
tremor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2013, 11:23 PM   #43

I met austy for a short while to test the FXZ200, and while I brought along my O2 amp, I forgot to bring along my iPod, hence I have to test it with my S3.

What immediately came to mind was that the FXZ200 needs an amp. It's power hungry; normally I listen to the FXT90 on the S3 with the volume control at 40% if quiet, 50% in a noisy surrounding. But with the FXZ200, I need the volume control up at 70% in a quiet surrounding to order to get the same volume coming out of it.

Since I didn't spend a long time with it, I can only give a brief description: Bass is very boomy and large in quantity, and mid is recessed compared to the FXT90. HOWEVER, I believe the true potential of it has not been revealed it, judging from the difficulty in using the S3 to power it. The FXT90 sounds much better amped with the O2 amp as compared to without, and I'm expecting the same for the FXZ200 (even more so cos the FXZ200 was more underpowered).

Will be buying a pair tonight
Old 24-01-2013, 11:39 PM   #44
Arch-Supremacy Member

Thks for sharing the impressions of the FXZ200 xuan87, that was pretty helpful. But yr own impressions of these iems has more or less confirmed my doubts that this pair of earphones are not for me, as I dislike iems with recessed mids. Boomy bass maybe still can tolerate though I usually dislike accentuated bass quantity in terms for my iems/headphones, but i supposed there are portable amps out there which may be able to tame/control the lower-frequencies much better usually so prolly not such a big issue for some ppl out there.

Will prolly check them out for myself next time, since will be making a trip to JP myself this coming April.
Old 25-01-2013, 12:11 AM   #45
Master Member

Thks for sharing the impressions of the FXZ200 xuan87, that was pretty helpful. But yr own impressions of these iems has more or less confirmed my doubts that this pair of earphones are not for me, as I dislike iems with recessed mids. Boomy bass maybe still can tolerate though I usually dislike accentuated bass quantity in terms for my iems/headphones, but i supposed there are portable amps out there which may be able to tame/control the lower-frequencies much better usually so prolly not such a big issue for some ppl out there.

Will prolly check them out for myself next time, since will be making a trip to JP myself this coming April.
I can't really remember, but you can consider go try the Radius series if you haven't (I have some recollection but kena premature senility thanks to the debilitating effects of NS), the TWF11K is quite special. Kenz was impressed. There's bass, but balanced and controlled.

By the sounds of it I'm going to like the Atrio and EMs over the FXZ200.

Donations welcome.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.