HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

JVC HA-FXZ200

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-02-2013, 03:00 PM   #61

Thanks to a singaporean head-fier, I managed to test the FXZ100 and did a quick comparison to the FXZ200 and FXT90.

The FXZ100 and FXT90 is VERY SIMILAR in terms of SQ. Personally, I feel that if you combine the mids and highs of the FXT90, with the bass of the FXZ200, you'll get the FXZ100. So if you're looking for a "better" FXT90, FXZ100 will fit the bill better than the FXZ200.

FXZ200 has a much different sound signature. Improperly amped, the mids can sound recessed. However, properly amped, the mids will be brought a little forward and will sound centered, and the biggest change is that the background accompanying melody will be brought forward and will sound clearer. This is very apparent on songs by Glee and Pitch Perfect as there are many background singers, who will become more noticeable. This means that the mids will do very well with orchestra pieces as well, but I haven't tested it yet. Depending on your preference, you may like this or hate this. Highs are very good with no sibilant, but I feel they don't extend as high as some of the better BA drivers IEMs out there. Bass is ample and controlled, and you can actually hear different bass notes, rather than a muffled "boom boom" sound.

I was an FXT90 user and I was glad that I got the FXZ200 rather than the FXZ100. I like the new clearer mids, with a more expansive soundstage, the more ample bass, and the slightly improved treble. Also, because it is less warm than the FXT90, it is more forgiving of the amp too. With the FXT90, any amp with any hint of warmth (like the C421 OPA2227, which is only SLIGHTLY warm), the SQ will end up muddled up. The FXZ200 sounds pretty good with warm amps too, but personally, I feel that they sound the best powered by something like the O2 amp. YMMV.
xuan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2013, 07:08 AM   #62

I just discovered this IEM ! :x Anyway to the people who have tried this one on, does the sound go boom boom ? Difference from Atrios ?
f4rt3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2013, 10:13 AM   #63
Arch-Supremacy Member

bumpa bumpa bumpa bumpa bump it up!!!!

How're the characteristics of the triple dynamic showing through?
RazorLotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2013, 10:31 AM   #64
Master Member

Thanks to a singaporean head-fier, I managed to test the FXZ100 and did a quick comparison to the FXZ200 and FXT90.

The FXZ100 and FXT90 is VERY SIMILAR in terms of SQ. Personally, I feel that if you combine the mids and highs of the FXT90, with the bass of the FXZ200, you'll get the FXZ100. So if you're looking for a "better" FXT90, FXZ100 will fit the bill better than the FXZ200.

FXZ200 has a much different sound signature. Improperly amped, the mids can sound recessed. However, properly amped, the mids will be brought a little forward and will sound centered, and the biggest change is that the background accompanying melody will be brought forward and will sound clearer. This is very apparent on songs by Glee and Pitch Perfect as there are many background singers, who will become more noticeable. This means that the mids will do very well with orchestra pieces as well, but I haven't tested it yet. Depending on your preference, you may like this or hate this. Highs are very good with no sibilant, but I feel they don't extend as high as some of the better BA drivers IEMs out there. Bass is ample and controlled, and you can actually hear different bass notes, rather than a muffled "boom boom" sound.

I was an FXT90 user and I was glad that I got the FXZ200 rather than the FXZ100. I like the new clearer mids, with a more expansive soundstage, the more ample bass, and the slightly improved treble. Also, because it is less warm than the FXT90, it is more forgiving of the amp too. With the FXT90, any amp with any hint of warmth (like the C421 OPA2227, which is only SLIGHTLY warm), the SQ will end up muddled up. The FXZ200 sounds pretty good with warm amps too, but personally, I feel that they sound the best powered by something like the O2 amp. YMMV.

how is the timbre? comparable to atrios?
Old 20-05-2013, 10:39 AM   #65
Supremacy Member

Alot of boom boom boom

But when u listen to acoustic and vocal... no more booom boom boom.... then like very lean sounding
alamakazim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2013, 11:58 AM   #66

Just tried them on. I think my atrios are more boomy than them (not sure if the 1 year usage matters). And its vocal is a bit more laidback than my atrios. Bass wise yes its prominent as hell and real good too. Hmmm the only thing I liked about it is the wire and and comfortness.
f4rt3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2013, 08:11 PM   #67
Supremacy Member

Has anyone ever bought from Amazon Japan? I'm comtemplating on buying this from them. They don't ship directly to Singapore, right?
TheEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2013, 08:15 PM   #68
Supremacy Member

stereo having offer now
TeamStereo likes this.
Old 20-05-2013, 08:52 PM   #69
Supremacy Member

stereo having offer now
Still more expensive than shipping from abroad, I believe.
TheEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2013, 09:30 PM   #70
Supremacy Member

Still more expensive than shipping from abroad, I believe.
aiyo ... buy from brick and mortar store easier ... fuss free.. with warranty woh

got local offer, sure must consider them 1st
TeamStereo likes this.
Old 08-06-2013, 02:57 PM   #71

Does buying from amazon japan have international warranty? I am thinking of buying. If have international warranty I will buy away~~~
noobstone likes this.
sagebaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 03:28 PM   #72
Arch-Supremacy Member

I wasn't impressed when I had the fxt90 gold, not impressed the fxz200 too
iAHBEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 03:01 PM   #73
High Supremacy Member

I bought one at Yodobashi recently

if you are into rock or metal. This one will really liven up the listening experience.

The trebles and Bass contrast is heightened and makes songs like Queen's Another one hits the dust sound a lot lively.
Old 27-09-2014, 07:17 PM   #74

Hi all,
I'm new to this forum but have been on Head Fi for a fair while.
I'd like to know about the sound leakage of the fxz200s, as I'll be using them at work and I don't want to disturb my colleagues when I listen to these at higher than average volumes through the E18 dac.
Also does the bass become tighter and more controlled when played via a dedicated dac/amp?

Thanks!
Tr1ppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.