HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Klipsch T5 series

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2019, 11:30 AM   #1

Klipsch T5 series

Just saw these in stores recently. Has anyone tried either the T5 Sports or Neckband yet? The packaging seems bare on specs with rather subjective terms like "Dynamic Klipsch Sound". What the heck does that even means?

There are no reviews online yet. I used the R6 and X12 IEMs before and they are good. This new series is T5, does that means it is lower range than R6. I tried the R5 wireless before, was quite disappointed.
Prismatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 12:07 PM   #2
Master Member

The T5 true wireless is out? I thought it's on the 17th. I'm looking to test it out though
cutiedoggy92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 12:25 PM   #3

T5 sports wireless can test in challenger bugis. Can't really tell how good it is since they don't allowed me to paired with my own phone. Short impression is good bass and forward mid. Typical Klipsch house sound.

Passive isolation and fit is quite good thou.

Collection of T5 true wireless for those who preorder on 22/23 June.
ddwmk2002 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 03:02 PM   #4
Master Member

T5 sports wireless can test in challenger bugis. Can't really tell how good it is since they don't allowed me to paired with my own phone. Short impression is good bass and forward mid. Typical Klipsch house sound.

Passive isolation and fit is quite good thou.

Collection of T5 true wireless for those who preorder on 22/23 June.
Do they have the T5 true wireless to test at the bugis challenger outlet?
Old 12-06-2019, 03:16 PM   #5

Do they have the T5 true wireless to test at the bugis challenger outlet?
Nope. According to Tat Chuan, they only rec'd a working model few days ago. Not sure whether they allow demo at their showroom onot.

SG is the first country to launch...So I guess beside folks at Klipsch and distributor, guess nobody ever listen to it yet.
Old 12-06-2019, 03:24 PM   #6

Nope. According to Tat Chuan, they only rec'd a working model few days ago. Not sure whether they allow demo at their showroom onot.

SG is the first country to launch...So I guess beside folks at Klipsch and distributor, guess nobody ever listen to it yet.
That's why I thought it was strange. There are no reviews online. No hype at all. Normally, other brands will have at least sent test units to reviewers to write reviews. According to TC, there are also no published specs. Klipsch website don't even show the earphones yet!
Old 12-06-2019, 03:49 PM   #7

That's why I thought it was strange. There are no reviews online. No hype at all. Normally, other brands will have at least sent test units to reviewers to write reviews. According to TC, there are also no published specs. Klipsch website don't even show the earphones yet!
Strangely, Hachi.Tech website have got more details then Klipsch website.

T5 sports is aptx HD...Whereas true wireless only aptx...Quite disappointed if true wireless doesn't have aptx HD.
Old 12-06-2019, 04:35 PM   #8

Driver size only 5.0mm, a bit disappointing.
Old 18-06-2019, 08:26 PM   #9

Get to listen T5 true wireless today. The sound...damn good for a bt earphone. It actually don't sound bt.
Old 18-06-2019, 08:49 PM   #10
Master Member

Get to listen T5 true wireless today. The sound...damn good for a bt earphone. It actually don't sound bt.
Omg where?
Old 18-06-2019, 09:02 PM   #11

Omg where?
Musica at ion 4th floor. Not sure other challenger outlet have the demo set yet.
Old 21-06-2019, 01:20 AM   #12

Okay, took the leap of faith and bought a T5 Sports today. This is my impression 2 hours in on the earphones.

Design:
The T5 Sports is very similar to other "sports" wireless earphones; balanced with remote on one side and battery on the other. Cable is a bit short, especially for people with fat necks like me. Not sure if it is intended that way, the buttons orientation faces inwards. A bit awkward to press the button.

Connection:
Very fast. After turning on, it will continuously scan for nearby devices. Range seems to be a bit shorter than 10m though.

Sound:
At this price range, the benchmark to beat for Klipsch is the R6II (I know it's wired). For the T5, got good and bad news.

Good news is that the sound profile is very typical Klipsch. Good tight bass response with raised mids. Bass has a substantial thump without overpowering.

Lower mids are okay, but after that it isn't that great. Upper mids and treble actually sound kind of muddled and rolled-up. Vocals sound a bit hollow.

Overall I will place the T5 a notch below R6II in terms of sound quality and very similar to the R5/R6 previously. The sound profile is warm and bassy ; good enough for general user.
Old 23-06-2019, 08:28 PM   #13

Just got the T5 true wireless. Sq for a bt true wireless is really one of the best ever heard.

Now have to wait for the dynamic driver burn in.
Old 23-06-2019, 10:17 PM   #14

Just got the T5 true wireless. Sq for a bt true wireless is really one of the best ever heard.

Now have to wait for the dynamic driver burn in.
Where did you get it from? How much? Do share your reviews on it
cloud0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2019, 10:37 PM   #15

Where did you get it from? How much? Do share your reviews on it
Challenger pre order at cee. $319.

Available to try at challenger musica ion 4th floor. Suit me does not necessary mean suit you...Best is to check it out urself. They do have the sennheiser so you can compare side by side.

Sennheiser might sound slightly better...But cost by more then 100 bucks and haf the battery life.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.