Looking for a new DAP~ anyone can recommend me some to test test~

Chogokin7

Reaction score
Probably the gain not set to high on the Pioneer(75mw@32ohm),it's definitely more powerful than the sony zx2.The Onkyo has the same power output on it single ended port,only the balance port offer a higher power at 150mw@32ohm.

Hopefully no problem driving Umpro30....

Reaction score
Personally I don't think a dap should need high gain to power an iem. I mean if high gain is for iem then low gain for what sia ants ah lol

Guan22

Master Member
Reaction score
I think what the salesman said is quite true.

Xdp 100r not very powerful at all. I listened at 150/160 of the volume with my se5ult ( and i dont really listen at vert loud volumes ).

He mentioned that they are coming out with an attachment for the daps or something like that. Something like ak380 and ak380 amp I guess. So yea xdp 100 as a transport could have been what was intended.

Hopefully dp x1 is more powerful than xdp 100r.

I think you have issues with XDP-100R coz u r using a silicone custom. They always require more power and r harder to drive. Same issue with Custom Art H8(P).

Anyway, tried it with my TG334 on Fri. No issues with power, drives the Fitear with ease. Sound quality is clean and pretty good clarity. Only issue I had was UI, slightly counter intuitive and and it doesn't have option to select files from files and drives.

in this age n time still want to charge us higher

how much our parent were ripped off by these diatributors in the past

boycott hwee seng

buy from cheaper source

Not even sure if Hwee Seng is bringing in at this point. They look disinterested.

Chogokin7

Reaction score
I think you have issues with XDP-100R coz u r using a silicone custom. They always require more power and r harder to drive. Same issue with Custom Art H8(P).

Anyway, tried it with my TG334 on Fri. No issues with power, drives the Fitear with ease. Sound quality is clean and pretty good clarity. Only issue I had was UI, slightly counter intuitive and and it doesn't have option to select files from files and drives.

Not even sure if Hwee Seng is bringing in at this point. They look disinterested.

Glad to hear that Sound quality is clean and pretty good clarity. Tml my turn to audit....

Reaction score

Maybe that. Idk. Cos I usually listen to my 232 n ex1000 at same or louder volume setting on my dap compared to my ciem

aang1971

Banned
Reaction score

i use an asg2.5 n was underwhelmed by the sound

derazor

Banned
Reaction score

can explain more about silicone ?
SQ wise how do you think of the Pioneer for sub 1100k DAPs.

derazor

Banned
Reaction score
When I audited Pioneer, I was using my Westones W60 and I had to turn it up to 150 (10 more steps to hit max of 160) before I could hear every nuance in the music...

IIRC when I use on my Rooth LS4, I think about 75% of max volume only. Maybe it's the sensitivity

Sensitivity: 117 ( W60 ) vs 123 ( Rooth )

myhairverypain

Reaction score
Anyone tried the LG V10 phone? Tiagong ppl comparing it to mid-high end dap because of the sabre cheap.

Guan22

Master Member
Reaction score
Maybe that. Idk. Cos I usually listen to my 232 n ex1000 at same or louder volume setting on my dap compared to my ciem

Due to the signature of the Pioneer, I think both the 232 and EX1000 wouldn't really play well. I'd pair the Pioneer with a more musical IEM.

When I audited Pioneer, I was using my Westones W60 and I had to turn it up to 150 (10 more steps to hit max of 160) before I could hear every nuance in the music...

Pretty sure I didn't hit those dizzy volume heights, though I forgot wat volume I listened to.

can explain more about silicone ?
SQ wise how do you think of the Pioneer for sub 1100k DAPs.

My experience with silicone customs is that they typically require more power to drive than the typical acrylic ones. This was the case with both Custom Art and ACS. YMMV.

For the price, the Pioneer dap is not bad, but personally, there are better options out there. I love the Lotoo Paw 5000. The Cayin N5 is pretty decent too. Am still waiting for the Onkyo DP-X1 demo to appear in SG though.

OT a bit. I'm actually quite shocked that you using 334 because...

Because???

aang1971

Banned
Reaction score

hmmm at least you hear something

at 160 with asg i heard salesguy say transport transport or wait for onkyo

derazor

Banned
Reaction score
Due to the signature of the Pioneer, I think both the 232 and EX1000 wouldn't really play well. I'd pair the Pioneer with a more musical IEM.

Pretty sure I didn't hit those dizzy volume heights, though I forgot wat volume I listened to.

My experience with silicone customs is that they typically require more power to drive than the typical acrylic ones. This was the case with both Custom Art and ACS. YMMV.

For the price, the Pioneer dap is not bad, but personally, there are better options out there. I love the Lotoo Paw 5000. The Cayin N5 is pretty decent too. Am still waiting for the Onkyo DP-X1 demo to appear in SG though.

Because???

I thought silicone are referring to the mould ? Nothing to do with drivers right?

How much is Lotoo 5k and N5.

I tried the N5, I felt the N5 is quite similar to Pioneer but Pioneer might tip the scale abit. 5k owns N5? Q-style win all I guess?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.