MMCX

yappiie

Reaction score
This's the best so far I'd had them
A7706E6F-B818-4D30-9C23-4B526E3CE2F5_zps5yrmsg2g.jpg

cables which doesn't produce the sound quality at it's price point. Literally sounds like a 200 cable but sells at 400.

kevedeliamas

Master Member
Reaction score
Any recommendations for mmcx balance cables cheers
Looking to bring the bass up a little whilst not sacrificing the rest

Last edited:

XcoldstarX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
LOOOOOOL. Ares 2 is a huge step up from thor copper. Who still recommends thor copper this days????

They have different sound signature anyways. Ares II might be a bit too bright sounding for SD2. Thor Copper will add warmth to the SD2 which balances out the sound.

obichacha

Reaction score
You can try Nocturnal Audio offerings or try PWaudio Legend or Effect Audio Thor Copper.

Yes Nocturnal Hybra v2, still consider not too expensive and the sound still do better than those single type of wire.

Just the waiting time is around 8 weeks to completed
75430B70-A142-4F9B-B1B4-F965FDFD031C_zpslb2pzku4.jpg

yappiie

Reaction score
They have different sound signature anyways. Ares II might be a bit too bright sounding for SD2. Thor Copper will add warmth to the SD2 which balances out the sound.

I believe u havent test the ares 2, but u tested ares 2+. That is ares 2 plus not 2. 2 is warmer and slightly enhance bass, while retaining soundstage. Thor copper is in other words brighter sounding, but decreasing soundstage and enhance bass.(IMO)

yappiie

Reaction score
Yes Nocturnal Hybra v2, still consider not too expensive and the sound still do better than those single type of wire.

Just the waiting time is around 8 weeks to completed
75430B70-A142-4F9B-B1B4-F965FDFD031C_zpslb2pzku4.jpg

Too long liao le la. When they just started lead time oni 1week -2week nia. Now so long. Even longer than other countries bto custom cables!! :(

XcoldstarX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I believe u havent test the ares 2, but u tested ares 2+. That is ares 2 plus not 2. 2 is warmer and slightly enhance bass, while retaining soundstage. Thor copper is in other words brighter sounding, but decreasing soundstage and enhance bass.(IMO)

8QuRqu4.jpg

Just took out my collection of Effect Audio cables to try with my most bass light iem, which is quite similar to the SD2.

Ares II increases the note thickness in the midrange, but mid-bass and low bass reduced in quantity. It also increased the upper mids brightness by a bit.

Thor Copper has thicker low frequency notes, resulting in increased mid-bass and low bass quantity, and adds a bit bloat, which is excellent for bass light iems. Treble is also improved to have a bit more airiness, which makes the iem sound a bit more spacious.

Ares II+ is more similar to the Thor Copper than the Ares II, but further increases layering and soundstage size.

Leonidas makes the mids more romantic sounding, and improves the front and back soundstage and imaging by a substantial amount. Bass is very tight, which might not pair well with bass light IEMs.

obichacha

Reaction score
8QuRqu4.jpg

Just took out my collection of Effect Audio cables to try with my most bass light iem, which is quite similar to the SD2.

Ares II increases the note thickness in the midrange, but mid-bass and low bass reduced in quantity. It also increased the upper mids brightness by a bit.

Thor Copper has thicker low frequency notes, resulting in increased mid-bass and low bass quantity, and adds a bit bloat, which is excellent for bass light iems. Treble is also improved to have a bit more airiness, which makes the iem sound a bit more spacious.

Ares II+ is more similar to the Thor Copper than the Ares II, but further increases layering and soundstage size.

Leonidas makes the mids more romantic sounding, and improves the front and back soundstage and imaging by a substantial amount. Bass is very tight, which might not pair well with bass light IEMs.

Any comment on Mars?

dqwong

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Now the reverse question, which iem cable is more suitable for bass strong iems.

kevedeliamas

Master Member
Reaction score
8QuRqu4.jpg

Very nicely made thanks

XcoldstarX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any comment on Mars?

Mars is a cable that is very refined in terms of micro-details and layering, but the thick sound signature gives an illusion of it lacking in refinement.

When paired with brighter or balanced sounding iems like VE6XC, JHAudio Layla or Fitear Private 333, the Mars will show its potential.

b3njaminlee

Reaction score
8QuRqu4.jpg

Thanks for your input. Ill stick w ares now. :D

Chogokin7

Reaction score
Hi All,

Any comments, reviews, impression on ORB and Spiral Strands IEM cable brought in by Jaben....

Thanks
Chogokin

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.