My review of the Pendulumic Stance S1+ bluetooth headphones

dscans

Reaction score
You must be joking. You must have mistaken a MDR-10RBT to be MDR-1RBT Mk2.

Personally I've tested both S1 and the real Sony MDR-1RBT Mk2 with my iPad Air 2, iPad 4, Galaxt Tab S 10.5 LTE, iPhone 6 Plus, Galaxy Note 4. Sony MDR-1RBT Mk2 SQ and comfort clearly much superior.

Out of your comments, the most laughable part was, "though the S1's bass could conceivably improve after some run-in."
Hahaha... do you even believe what you have heard or the your words type to be exact? Perhaps you want to type even more exaggerate, like the S1's bass improved by 300% after burn-in?

I know where you coming from, so your comment absolutely 0 value to all HWZ members.

Thank you for your insightful comments.

Rest assured, I was not joking when I wrote that phrase, and neither do I belittle other people's opinions which differ from my own. I can assure you that I have the Sony MDR-1RBT MK2. I never heard the MDR-10RBT.

And kindly do not put words into my mouth. You love your Sony MDR-1RBT Mk2 - all the power to you. I just happened to like the sound signature of the S1 more - you got a problem with that?

oakley

Reaction score
hi bro, can i check what about the voice quality? Does your recipients complain?

akoh47

Reaction score
You must be joking. You must have mistaken a MDR-10RBT to be MDR-1RBT Mk2.

Personally I've tested both S1 and the real Sony MDR-1RBT Mk2 with my iPad Air 2, iPad 4, Galaxt Tab S 10.5 LTE, iPhone 6 Plus, Galaxy Note 4. Sony MDR-1RBT Mk2 SQ and comfort clearly much superior.

Out of your comments, the most laughable part was, "though the S1's bass could conceivably improve after some run-in."
Hahaha... do you even believe what you have heard or the your words type to be exact? Perhaps you want to type even more exaggerate, like the S1's bass improved by 300% after burn-in?

I know where you coming from, so your comment absolutely 0 value to all HWZ members.

@KM3943 to be fair, run in does have its benefit on most headphone because it helps to loosen the stiffness of the driver when the product comes from the factory. Secondly when comparing one brand to another, it is very subjective. You may think that Sony headset ( I have listen to some high end Sony Headphones) has better bass but it does not necessary make it an overall better headphone just because the bass is stronger or boosted. The Fletcher Munson curves of a typical heavy bass is either a V shape response or skew towards the bass and poor on the mid and treble. Heavy bass if you are listening to metal bass heavy music or watch action movie may be appealing but if you are listening to classical music may not sound great with heavy bass as the mid and the high tend to sound muted and lack clarity. I have also own both the Grado headphones and the S1 and I can tell each has its own merit. S1 is great value for the price and performance.

akoh47

Reaction score
hi bro, can i check what about the voice quality? Does your recipients complain?

I own the Pendulumic S1, the voice quality is excellent during phone call talk back. I usually ask the party on the other end of the phone line if my voice is clear when using the BT wireless with my mobile phone...so far the answer is positively clear. I got no issues from the recipients.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.