Need advice on custom in ear monitors

Airekris

Reaction score
You may say that but in that context, you're a property agent hence you will find ways to make money. Otherwise what for continue working as one?

Either way everyone has their own opinons on customs. And when I say customs, I don't mean reshell.

So you would make a CIEM and if you find that its not your taste you would find ways to make it sound better for you? Then you have defeated the purpose of purchasing the CIEM as it has not satisfied what you aimed to achieve. And I also dont mean reshells.

Aegis_Yeo

Reaction score
So you would make a CIEM and if you find that its not your taste you would find ways to make it sound better for you? Then you have defeated the purpose of purchasing the CIEM as it has not satisfied what you aimed to achieve. And I also dont mean reshells.
You realise that demos are provided for a reason right?

Last edited:

Airekris

Reaction score
You realised that demos are provided for a reason right?

You were saying that a CIEM Demo vs the actual CIEM would sound better. Im telling you that it may not be true. I can honestly tell you that there are guys here who felt that some of their CIEM purchases were disappointing or if I really had to say RUBBISH even after auditioning the demos. Some even complain over the fit and after countless remoldings find it a pain in the ass. My advice to the TS is to go and try ALL universals out there first especially those that he had mentioned before jumping the gun and emptying his pockets for CIEMs which cost an arm and a leg. Why pay 1k when u can pay 300 - 500 to settle your need. Ill say this again: CIEM does not = better sound and comfort.

koicafex

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ciem doesn't cost an arm and leg wor :eek:
it's a crime to pay with body parts!

:s13:
laindeer zeh zeh ish lich :s34:

iAHBEE

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Customs jin overrated.. Moi find myself reaching for my ax60 more often.. Coz sometimes quite lazy to leemove earwax

Aegis_Yeo

Reaction score
You were saying that a CIEM Demo vs the actual CIEM would sound better. Im telling you that it may not be true. I can honestly tell you that there are guys here who felt that some of their CIEM purchases were disappointing or if I really had to say RUBBISH even after auditioning the demos. Some even complain over the fit and after countless remoldings find it a pain in the ass. My advice to the TS is to go and try ALL universals out there first especially those that he had mentioned before jumping the gun and emptying his pockets for CIEMs which cost an arm and a leg. Why pay 1k when u can pay 300 - 500 to settle your need. Ill say this again: CIEM does not = better sound and comfort.

You have misinterpreted what I was trying to say. I mean that the uiem demo version is there to give you a rough idea of how your end product custom will feel. But it doesn't guarantee it will be better. Nor does it guarantee that it will be worse.

But after all everyone has their own view on this topic but regardless, just hoot what you feel is within you budget with the sound sig you like:)

Taeyeonie

Master Member
Reaction score
Personally I feel that customs can attain sound quality beyond the available universals in the market.

Looking at so many friends who plunge into customs and initially had the "I will never go into customs" mindset. There are still people willing to take the trouble despite knowing the trouble of making ear impressions/waiting time & low resale value.

All I can say It's personal preference, some can live with universals their whole life, some are willing to plunge into customs despite knowing all the negative claims from people who had bad experience.

Personally I have no issues regarding fitting issues, perfect fit at first try. If you really felt in love with that particular ciem demo, please just consider our comments as 'opinions' and don't get solely affected by them.

I think this is going really off-topic now. TS wants a recommendation for a pair of custom iem and all I see is why should he not go for it? Pretty negative uh?

koicafex

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Personally I feel that customs can attain sound quality beyond the available universals in the market.

Looking at so many friends who plunge into customs and initially had the "I will never go into customs" mindset. There are still people willing to take the trouble despite knowing the trouble of making ear impressions/waiting time & low resale value.

All I can say It's personal preference, some can live with universals their whole life, some are willing to plunge into customs despite knowing all the negative claims from people who had bad experience.

Personally I have no issues regarding fitting issues, perfect fit at first try. If you really felt in love with that particular ciem demo, please just consider our comments as 'opinions' and don't get solely affected by them.

I think this is going really off-topic now. TS wants a recommendation for a pair of custom iem and all I see is why should he not go for it? Pretty negative uh?

ikr! pruss huan!

Aegis_Yeo

Reaction score

Agreed. Since he said he has no budget, you have any recommendations for him? Btw TS, what dap and/or rig do you use?

Taeyeonie

Master Member
Reaction score
Agreed. Since he said he has no budget, you have any recommendations for him? Btw TS, what dap and/or rig do you use?

Looking at TS listening to metal and rock, to classical, to jazz, blues, pop, electronic etc. I would recommend a more bass strong iem, probably the JH16? (Or the Roxanne)

Taeyeonie

Master Member
Reaction score
Haha who wouldn't want to hoot it? Good thing is roxanne still have some uiem units around.

IMHO the the Universal Rox looks hideous and seems uncomfortable. Such a giant unit protruding from our of your ears. Even bigger than the TG334. LOL

stanley_home

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
we r quite tat, we have quite a number of ciem demos available in our country.

like the saying, "stay a while and listen."

u will find something worthwhile. :)

iAHBEE

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Kaiser 10, roxanne, FitEar 335 DW, heir audio 8a, Westone ES5

Reindeer

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Looking at TS listening to metal and rock, to classical, to jazz, blues, pop, electronic etc. I would recommend a more bass strong iem, probably the JH16? (Or the Roxanne)

hmm i don't really like overpowering bass in my music, i like the clear and defined type of bass instead of ones that boom all over the place? (sorry my way of describing sound is really horrible)

kinda like the ue-900 and shure 846

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.