Null Audio Lune or the Arete cable??

abcd_y

Reaction score
Guys, should I get the Null Audio studio Lune cable or the Arete from Treoo? My budget won't go beyond that. I'm using the UE TF 10.

I'm a little concern about the price different but at the same time, wish for better sound as I'm still using my stock. I was thinking if i were to get the Arete for $99, i thought maybe paying about 50bucks more may get me better sound. But if the difference between the two are very minimal, I would rather spend less.

Anyone using either of these and can recommend me the best value?

Also, anyone knows where i can order the Lune fully enclosed in multifilament nylon sleeves? I just can't help feeling how the cables looks "brittle" on the braided upper-half of it.

Last edited:

racoiaw

Reaction score
U can check average_joes review of cables on headfi. And for the cable itself, u can actually ask null audio if they can custom make one for you, but no guarantee price will be the same or whether they can do it.

abcd_y

Reaction score
U can check average_joes review of cables on headfi. And for the cable itself, u can actually ask null audio if they can custom make one for you, but no guarantee price will be the same or whether they can do it.

I've read it this afternoon, very little info about the difference of the two. Emailed Treoo and Null Audio about this special request moments ago. Hopefully the pricing is reasonable.

Lordzephyr9

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Personally I recommend lune cable. There are some cables reviews in head fi and they said lune cable is one of the best upgrade cables for tf10

racoiaw

Reaction score
I have the lune cable and paired it with my tf10 +3 drivers but have since upgraded to the silver dragon and sold it away. But lune is supposedly one of the better cables for its price.

Lordzephyr9

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have the lune cable and paired it with my tf10 +3 drivers but have since upgraded to the silver dragon and sold it away. But lune is supposedly one of the better cables for its price.
yup, for its price, it is best value for money.
However if you want to upgrade from Lune, u may try Silver dragon and move to twag in time.

abcd_y

Reaction score
Look like the lune really do wonders. I'll probably go with it then. But does your lunes come with nylon sleeves as standards?

Lordzephyr9

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yes, u may choose clear and black or all black. kevin told me that clear and black is better and more lasting due to the material of the clear.

LiQuiFireX

Reaction score
Since there aren't many Arete users out there compared to the huge amount of lune guys, I'll share my opinion:

Currently I'm leaving the Arete cable attached to my TF10 and I feel it does have one of the best ergonomics/durability for the price, nice and soft like the SM3v2 cable but softer. If u are looking for one of the lowest profile upgrade cable, this one's for you.

Sound wise, soundstage becomes quite abit wider, airier, bass becomes deeper, more solid, tighter and slightly more refined, treble's much more refined, abit more sparkle, mids not much change though, maybe not as recessed as before, but still recessed overall. Overall sound is clearer, sharper resolution, cleaner.

In summary, if you like the original v shaped sound sig of the TF10 but want improvements to over all frequencies. This may be the cable for you. Makes me listen to my TF10 more, on par with my SM3v2s i dare say and definately IE8 before I TWaged v2 it!

Comparing to Lune wise, I cant say, as I dont have the lune to try, but there are tons and tons of impressions of the lune by other members. Only guy who has reviewed them both is average_joe from head fi, who actually prefers the arete surprisingly!

abcd_y

Reaction score
Since there aren't many Arete users out there compared to the huge amount of lune guys, I'll share my opinion:

Currently I'm leaving the Arete cable attached to my TF10 and I feel it does have one of the best ergonomics/durability for the price, nice and soft like the SM3v2 cable but softer. If u are looking for one of the lowest profile upgrade cable, this one's for you.

Sound wise, soundstage becomes quite abit wider, airier, bass becomes deeper, more solid, tighter and slightly more refined, treble's much more refined, abit more sparkle, mids not much change though, maybe not as recessed as before, but still recessed overall. Overall sound is clearer, sharper resolution, cleaner.

In summary, if you like the original v shaped sound sig of the TF10 but want improvements to over all frequencies. This may be the cable for you. Makes me listen to my TF10 more, on par with my SM3v2s i dare say and definately IE8 before I TWaged v2 it!

Comparing to Lune wise, I cant say, as I dont have the lune to try, but there are tons and tons of impressions of the lune by other members. Only guy who has reviewed them both is average_joe from head fi, who actually prefers the arete surprisingly!

Great! Its a tough choice indeed between the 2. Wished I could test them both... And yes, i was quite surprised average joe prefers the arete over the lune..

yes, u may choose clear and black or all black. kevin told me that clear and black is better and more lasting due to the material of the clear.

I had actually thought the black and white(which what they called it in Treoo site) is pretty awful looking, but considering what you've said, this would be better as it'll last.

LiQuiFireX

Reaction score
Great! Its a tough choice indeed between the 2. Wished I could test them both... And yes, i was quite surprised average joe prefers the arete over the lune..

I could let you try my aretes if u like to make a more informed decision! Too bad I don't have the lune! Haha

LiQuiFireX

Reaction score
Haha thanks! But its a little troublesome.. its alright.

No problem, you can't go wrong with either cables, its probably more of what kind of sound you like as well as ergonomics and price! That's where its up to you!

abcd_y

Reaction score
No problem, you can't go wrong with either cables, its probably more of what kind of sound you like as well as ergonomics and price! That's where its up to you!

Thanks! :D

Now i just got to wait for the email replies to see if they can do a full sleeve up of the null cables. Hopefully there's a reply though.

LiQuiFireX

Reaction score
Thanks! :D

Now i just got to wait for the email replies to see if they can do a full sleeve up of the null cables. Hopefully there's a reply though.

He does, took him 3 days to reply me for the first email. Stage93 took longer to reply though so they are the worst!

abcd_y

Reaction score
He does, took him 3 days to reply me for the first email. Stage93 took longer to reply though so they are the worst!

I see.

And awesome! I've just received a reply from Treoo.com, that they have added in 'Full Length' option to sleeve up the whole cable! but at a rate of $15. Pretty reasonable considering the discount coupon they allow me to use. They're so efficient to update new options.

black34

Reaction score
I dislike that the Arete tangles up pretty damn easily, or maybe its just me

LiQuiFireX

Reaction score
I dislike that the Arete tangles up pretty damn easily, or maybe its just me

I dont really have any major tangling issues with any cables I've used (Arete,ES2,EPIC,SM3v2 stock,TWag v2 and even ES8) although any cable I owned do get tangled up once in a while (Yes, even the TWag), but nothing more than 10 seconds of untangling needed.

Probably its the way the cables are stored when not in use, much higher chance of tangling if u stuff in down ur pockets/bag than putting in inside a case.

Usually store my Arete's in the TF10s case and the smaller pebble like
UE case when im out.

abcd_y

Reaction score
Finally made the decision to order the lune cable! 150, better make my money worth....

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.