Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By jasonho
  • 2 Post By jasonho
  • 1 Post By Seth Lee

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2018, 04:48 PM   #1
Supremacy Member

Questions on CIEM

Hey guys, finally I've decided to look into CIEMs. Got some questions. The ear bore is made out of acrylic most of the times right? If so, how does it feel on the ear after prolonged use? Does it feel sore or gives out ear fatigue listening to high volume?

Also, I think my ear canals are not symmetrical. The right side is a little small I feel and the passageway is a bit senget. Whenever I smile, the ear canal contracts and the chonca is pressed on the body of my current UIEM and it gives me a sore on the chonca. If I were to get CIEM will this problem be eliminated?

Thanks.
Old 05-08-2018, 05:05 PM   #2

Hey guys, finally I've decided to look into CIEMs. Got some questions. The ear bore is made out of acrylic most of the times right? If so, how does it feel on the ear after prolonged use? Does it feel sore or gives out ear fatigue listening to high volume?

Also, I think my ear canals are not symmetrical. The right side is a little small I feel and the passageway is a bit senget. Whenever I smile, the ear canal contracts and the chonca is pressed on the body of my current UIEM and it gives me a sore on the chonca. If I were to get CIEM will this problem be eliminated?

Thanks.
Ciems are done such that they fit well into your ears as long as you do your ear impression right.

To ans your question :

The ear bore is made out of acrylic most of the times right?
- Mostly yes but there are exceptions (other materials).

If so, how does it feel on the ear after prolonged use?
Does it feel sore or gives out ear fatigue listening to high volume?

regardless ciem or universal, its best not to listen more than 4 hours. Fatigue due to high volume? then lower down the volume.

You buy earphones (regardless universal or custom) to enjoy music, not to torture yourself

Having said all these, my personal advice : go for a ciem , you will feel discomfort wearing one at first but after a week or 2 , you will get used to it as its meant to fit into your ears.

hope that helps .
metamofia89 and Seth Lee like this.
Old 05-08-2018, 05:09 PM   #3
Supremacy Member

Ciems are done such that they fit well into your ears as long as you do your ear impression right.

To ans your question :

The ear bore is made out of acrylic most of the times right?
- Mostly yes but there are exceptions (other materials).

If so, how does it feel on the ear after prolonged use?
Does it feel sore or gives out ear fatigue listening to high volume?

regardless ciem or universal, its best not to listen more than 4 hours. Fatigue due to high volume? then lower down the volume.

You buy earphones (regardless universal or custom) to enjoy music, not to torture yourself

Having said all these, my personal advice : go for a ciem , you will feel discomfort wearing one at first but after a week or 2 , you will get used to it as its meant to fit into your ears.

hope that helps .
Thanks

So assuming my ears got problem, especially my right canal is not really UIEM friendly, CIEMs should not give me the same issue right? Provided the impression is done correctly.
Old 05-08-2018, 05:43 PM   #4

Thanks

So assuming my ears got problem, especially my right canal is not really UIEM friendly, CIEMs should not give me the same issue right? Provided the impression is done correctly.
Yes, prior to making your ear impression, you can have the audiologist (who will do the ear impression) to do the check if theres any issue
metamofia89 and Seth Lee like this.
Old 05-08-2018, 11:24 PM   #5

Thanks

make sure you see an audiologist instead of having the impressions made in-house at the audio store
metamofia89 likes this.
Seth Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.