Questyle QP1R

kentgh

Reaction score
Is there a screen protector available on the market for QP-1R?
I have gotten the leather case, now I need the screen protector.

Gaghiel

Reaction score
Is there a screen protector available on the market for QP-1R?
I have gotten the leather case, now I need the screen protector.

Did you get the dignis? It seems they have screen protector bundled with it. Do cfm with seller

Last edited:

kentgh

Reaction score
Did you get the dignis? It seems they have screen protector bundled with it.

I ordered the dignis directly from the manufacturer. That's good if it comes with the screen protector. Many thanks!!!

obichacha

Reaction score
Mind to ask how much do you guys get the QP1,QP1R?

Sorry I just heard about this recent but still can't find the actual price yet, after search at TB is selling 7k RMB but not sure about SG

kentgh

Reaction score
Mind to ask how much do you guys get the QP1,QP1R?

Sorry I just heard about this recent but still can't find the actual price yet, after search at TB is selling 7k RMB but not sure about SG

RRP is S$1499.
China is way overpriced, 7000RMB works out to nearly S$1600, exclude GST & freight.. :s22:
US RRP is USD899, which is very close to local pricing when you add the current unfavorable exchange rate & GST. :D

The local distributor did not bring in QP1, only have QP1R.

crazypaladin

Reaction score
It's still worth it to get it locally. If you have been a regular patron, you can ask for discount though. I have been recipient of discounts but only because I asked for them.

kentgh

Reaction score
It's still worth it to get it locally. If you have been a regular patron, you can ask for discount though. I have been recipient of discounts but only because I asked for them.

True! I also got some discount so I'm paying less than the RRP. :D

Shdwfalcon

Banned
Reaction score
At first I wasn't used to the scroll wheel as well, but now I am OK with it. Just need to put a little pressure on outer edge of the wheel. Anyway, most of the time I just use capacitive buttons to navigate, just play and let it be.

Yeah, I do see the pro of having USB DAC, that's was one of my 'need' when scouting for DAP. But the sound quality just pushed me taking out my wallet. Just enjoy it :)
The sq is quite decent, I would have to admit. But the wheel irks me too much to even consider it.

When I tried it with my ciem, I actually had to set the volume to number 8 to get the usual loudness. The sales guy who was introducing it to me was shocked, saying that normally people ran that dap at around 30+ to 40+ volume. What volume do you guys ran at? I'm curious at such a huge difference (8 vs 30+?).

Sent from a place where the sun don't shine without using GAGT

Gaghiel

Reaction score
The sq is quite decent, I would have to admit. But the wheel irks me too much to even consider it.

When I tried it with my ciem, I actually had to set the volume to number 8 to get the usual loudness. The sales guy who was introducing it to me was shocked, saying that normally people ran that dap at around 30+ to 40+ volume. What volume do you guys ran at? I'm curious at such a huge difference (8 vs 30+?).

On scroll wheel, i applied SP now so no issue for me.
See link for photo http://www.head-fi.org/t/751140/questyle-qp1/2775#post_12142829

Volume depends on iem and individuals, for me universals at 25. Still waiting for my ciem reshell, but my friend's JH13fp with this player @ 12-13.

Edit: btw, it is based on low gain. Not sure if you take note of demo's gain setting. Still remember when i demoed it, it was on high gain.

Last edited:

crazypaladin

Reaction score
For CIEM, it's 10 at home and around 20 when outside. For headphone, it is 20 at home and 30 outside.

Shdwfalcon

Banned
Reaction score
On scroll wheel, i applied SP now so no issue for me.
See link for photo http://www.head-fi.org/t/751140/questyle-qp1/2775#post_12142829

Volume depends on iem and individuals, for me universals at 25. Still waiting for my ciem reshell, but my friend's JH13fp with this player @ 12-13.

Edit: btw, it is based on low gain. Not sure if you take note of demo's gain setting. Still remember when i demoed it, it was on high gain.
As in, I don't like the wheel concept, prefer touchscreen or old school buttons type.

Oooh, didn't know about the gain. He didn't tell me, but I never see him change the gain leh.

For CIEM, it's 10 at home and around 20 when outside. For headphone, it is 20 at home and 30 outside.
That's a big difference for a ciem, I feel. My difference is only about 3~4.

Gaghiel

Reaction score
As in, I don't like the wheel concept, prefer touchscreen or old school buttons type.

Oooh, didn't know about the gain. He didn't tell me, but I never see him change the gain leh.

Oic, but did you explore the capacitive button to navigate instead by disabling the flip function under system settings? I guess it does simulate button navigation in a way.

Iirc my set was set to high gain at first boot up, or it could be someone before you set to high gain to test with headphone. There are low, mid and high gain setting. The letter besides volume indicator will tell you which gain it is on, can be set under system settings.

Last edited:

KlavierX

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nobody does the wheel better than Apple on their iPods. The sound quality is kinda sad on the iPod though.

So the qp1r can be changed to capacitive touch only mode without using the scroll wheel? Tried and didn't like the feel of the wheel

Gaghiel

Reaction score
Nobody does the wheel better than Apple on their iPods. The sound quality is kinda sad on the iPod though.

So the qp1r can be changed to capacitive touch only mode without using the scroll wheel? Tried and didn't like the feel of the wheel

Off flip function under settings - left n right capacitive button function as up n down respectively. By doing so it mean no more page up and page down when navigate song/album/artist/genre/files selections. Try it to see how it works.

EngSiangLtd

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Just sharing, with the recent update for QP1R, you will be able to use your QP1R as an USB DAC!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.