Recommend good noise cancelling headphone?

plasticpistola

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi guys, I'm looking to get a pair of noise cancelling headphones - I'm not an audiophile so no need epic quality.

I basically need to cancel out outside noises and listen to some music while doing my work.

Anything that's relatively cheap and good?

Caddyman

Reaction score
Can try Sony MDR-EX750NC. Demo them in Somerset 313 Sony's flagship store. The environment their pretty noisy and the NC earphone cut of most noises.

Sent from Sony E6853 using GAGT

KingKenny

Reaction score
hi guys, I'm looking to get a pair of noise cancelling headphones - I'm not an audiophile so no need epic quality.

I basically need to cancel out outside noises and listen to some music while doing my work.

Stereo electronics store at causeway point level 4 .
They have a wide range of headphones there and you can try their headphones 1st before purchasing ... the owner also gives u good advice :D

Guan22

Master Member
Reaction score
They have a wide range of headphones there and you can try their headphones 1st before purchasing ... the owner also gives u good advice :D

Dude, Stereo has moved out of Causeway Point for YEARS liao leh.

weng

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Where have you been all these years~~?? :s13:

Jeremy1

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
LOL, haven't been there for ages although i stay in yew tee :s22: but the shop still exists right ? now at where ah
I been living under the rock sorry bosses :s13:

Causeway point had undergone a major renovation and they then shifted to Orchard ION Basement 4 but already closed down liao recently and they move to Vivo now at level 2. It's located diagonally opposite the GV cinema......................:)

And theu had another store in PS Level 4......................:)

musicsg_com

Reaction score

Depends on how much noise you can want to remove. How noisy is the environment? If you turn up the music loud enough, you won't be able to hear anyone around you. A pair of in-ear headphones with foam tips should do the job. Most other active noise-cancelling (ANC) headphones won't be able to remove high frequency noises, like screaming kids, utensils noises. ANC headphones work best in eliminating constant low-frequency noises, like trains, airplanes, engine sounds.

In my opinion, the best ANC headphones is Bose QC20. I felt like I'm in a soundproof studio.
http://musicphotolife.com/2014/02/bose-qc20-noise-cancelling-earphones-review/

dreamer_toons

Master Member
Reaction score
Tried the Bose QC25 recently in store and the noise cancelling works as advertised.

Tempted to buy but the price is steep.

dreamer_toons

Master Member
Reaction score
I was shopping at Challenger today and saw that the Bose QC25 is retailing at $429, usual at $529.

zhix

Reaction score
LOL, haven't been there for ages although i stay in yew tee :s22: but the shop still exists right ? now at where ah
I been living under the rock sorry bosses :s13:

The shop at Vivocity (near Golden Village) has excellent service. I went there a couple of times .. only bought once but all the time, their service is very good.

Cedesria

Reaction score
Recommend u Sennheiser momentum wireless. Been using for past 2 months and luv it

Mobbyland

Reaction score
If you are looking for active noise cancelling, I would say Bose is definitely good. I still use my QC25 over my other IEMs like 846/UM if I want a peaceful flight.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.