Recommend me overear earphones~~~

smhousefly

Reaction score
For closed type, try the ATH-M40x/ATH-M50x.. open air type.. Philips SHP9500..

Creative Aurvana Gold . note, this is preferred if you have a smaller head as it is uncomfortable when wearing.. but sound quality is good.. Buy only when creative has a sale.. Why I recommend? Can be bluetooth, can be wired.. has noise cancelling..

The Audio Technica ATH-M50x at below $200, it's definitely a value for money, high performance headphone.

Last edited:

xDragon

Reaction score
wow seems like this M50x has alot of good reviews too, and it looks really bang for buck at below $200! gonna go compare this when i go down to the shop. may just get this if the comfort lvl suits me

If comfort is important to you, I'd suggest against it, unless you're in aircon 24/7. Even so, the clamp is pretty tight unless you stretch it out and loosen it. If you're going to try the m50x, try the m40x as well. Cheaper price point with more neutral sound and slightly wider soundstage. If you want fun and albeit fatigueing/sibilant sound, you can go ahead with the m50x. But you should compare prices online first; some places sell cheaper.

Jamesky

Reaction score
If comfort is important to you, I'd suggest against it, unless you're in aircon 24/7. Even so, the clamp is pretty tight unless you stretch it out and loosen it. If you're going to try the m50x, try the m40x as well. Cheaper price point with more neutral sound and slightly wider soundstage. If you want fun and albeit fatigueing/sibilant sound, you can go ahead with the m50x. But you should compare prices online first; some places sell cheaper.

Stereo sg in Plaza Sing had a good deal but out of stock when i checked last Sunday. Amazon selling US$129. Free international shipping above $125.

You can even buy replacement ear cups/foams in amazon to make it comfortable.. quite good mods around for the ATX M40/50's

Last edited:

winter_lai_liao

Reaction score
yea MX 50 abit clampy when i tried, it felt really uncomfortable. would probably need something that feels less clampy. HD 599 is kinda tight for me too, i have quite a small head though haha. will be heading to stereo PS next week to try out. the staff at vivo is friendly and knowledgable

Last edited:

liewhl

Reaction score
yea MX 50 abit clampy when i tried, it felt really uncomfortable. would probably need something that feels less clampy. HD 599 is kinda tight for me too, i have quite a small head though haha. will be heading to stereo PS next week to try out. the staff at vivo is friendly and knowledgable

it clampy cos of the leather pad

xDragon

Reaction score

If you have a small head, try the r70x. And it's super lightweight so it might be more comfortable for you for longer sessions.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.