HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Recommend me a portable rig!

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2013, 06:16 PM   #31
High Supremacy Member

sometimes no need to spend so much to get good sound. can try the ue400 also at half the price of 215/gr07 and see whether you like it or not. then again i think i may be one of the very few who really likes it.

also can always start with a clip zip. wa buy clip zip and ue500 (overseas equivalent of ue400), 37 + 30 = 67 usd. add say about 20 usd shipping. about sgd100 can get very decent sound on the go. if really dun like then upgrade!
Sounds lol a good plan. Who knows that might suffice.
CeSaRiO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 06:49 PM   #32
Master Member

Clip Zip + SoundMAGIC E10 is budget magic.

Donations welcome.
rickysio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 11:31 PM   #33

Demo them first, don't be too tempted by deals/prices. You are the one listening to them for quite awhile. The reason we continue to recommend SE215/GR07 is because you mentioned you did your research, as you didn't mentioned your preferred sound signature, we assumed you like an IEM with a bassier character.

If you find that you don't have too many music files or couldn't be bothered to manage a DAP on top of your phone, you could just stick with your phone.

You live in a country where there are stores available for you to demo, if you can't even make the effort to demo them first then you certainly don't deserve any sympathy when you have buyer's remorse.

P.S. May sound harsh but I'm just annoyed by people looking at deals/prices/reviews rather than take some time to demo them.
I have made plans to demo them. I just want to get some advice and pairings to start things off and not waste time of the shop owners.

As for sound signature, like I'm said I'm new. I know the music I listen to but have no idea what signature it is.

Anyway. Thanks for the advice.
fookboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 11:34 PM   #34

Demo the Se215 and Gr07 with your phone first and your favourite songs/music that you know by heart.
If you like one of them more than the other, chances are even if you use proper DAP with the chosen IEM, the sound signature won't differs so much.
But there are exceptions, like using stock AK100 with 22 ohm OI or Tera player with BA-drivers iems like TG!334 or Miracle, but we're not going to discuss them here :p
Sound like a plan. I shall do just that. I don't plan to use my phone as battery life is a cconcern. I will try e1 and stereo.
Old 06-09-2013, 11:35 PM   #35

nope.

I'm just using the clip+

I've tried the gr07 before too. They're quite good for the price that you're paying for them.

Clip+ is nice and simple. Clean and plays lossless. only thing is probably battery life.

x3 because it was specifically designed to be cheap and good sound.

And cause of the amp stage also
Thanks for the feedback!
Old 06-09-2013, 11:38 PM   #36

sometimes no need to spend so much to get good sound. can try the ue400 also at half the price of 215/gr07 and see whether you like it or not. then again i think i may be one of the very few who really likes it.

also can always start with a clip zip. wa buy clip zip and ue500 (overseas equivalent of ue400), 37 + 30 = 67 usd. add say about 20 usd shipping. about sgd100 can get very decent sound on the go. if really dun like then upgrade!
Thanks. Will look into that!
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.