recommendations for bluetooth handsfree headset

kidz

Reaction score
Hi bros,

Do you guys have any recommendations for a bluetooth earpiece for calls?
Using iphone 7 now... quite mafan to bring the earphones around w the lightning cable..

Thanks!

xhui22

Reaction score
Any Budget? I tested the Jaybird freedom and it was excellent sounding. (Shall not go into the sound specs techs, too geeky). Go to connect IT stores to try them.

jokerpoker81

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
bluetooth + noise cancellation...can try Sony MDR ZX770BN, only $200.

if higher budget, definitely just go for Bose QC 35.

if use for train commute, some say noise isolation is better instead, never tried this b4.

Last edited:

Cedesria

Reaction score
Personally since I am using CIEM, I had bought Lear BTC-01 Bluetooth Cable for CIEM. So far very happy with its performance, except for the low batt life (3hrs).

I had also tried using momentum wireless headphones which work great as well!

musicsg_com

Reaction score
Any comments on the brand "earin" or "Rowkins"?

I reviewed Earin before. It only supports audio, cannot answer calls or control playback, volume, etc. There is no buttons on the devices, you need the charging dock to turn it on if it auto powers off. Connectivity is also less stable. S$349

Earin Review: http://musicphotolife.com/2016/03/earin-wireless-earbuds-review/

Earin-2.jpg

If you are using a Samsung smartphone, you can consider Samsung Gear IconX. It is slightly cheaper and with a lot more features, but the battery life is a little shorter than Earin. Although the IconX works with any smartphones, I find the audio quality is poorer on non-Samsung. S$298

IconX Review: http://musicphotolife.com/2016/08/samsung-gear-iconx-review-fitness-earbuds-without-cords/

Samsung-Gear-IconX-7.jpg

I just finished reviewing Erato Apollo 7, it is rather expensive but audio quality is clear, excellent for instrumentals. And battery life - 3 hours - is one of the better ones for true wireless earbuds. Connectivity is also more stable. S$499.

http://musicphotolife.com/2016/10/erato-apollo-7-review-truly-wireless-earphones/

10173137.jpg

Last edited:

Gymrat76

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I love my Bose QuietControl 30. Noise cancelling, Bluetooth.

But not available in Singapore until Christmas, I heard. I got it in US on the week it was launched earlier in the month. Maybe can order from Amazon...

quesera

Reaction score
I have a pair of this if you want. Sounds decently good, like Plantronics Backbeat that type.

Brand is FREEL, a local audio tester.

141l0de.png

Driver Diameter: 9mm
Impedance: 16Ω
Sensitivity: 94±3dB
Frequency Response: 20Hz-20kHz
Talk time: 6 hours
Standby time: 130 hours
Bluetooth range: 10 meters

$70.

Last edited:

sillyprissy

Reaction score
Hi, Does anyone have any recommendation for bluetooth headphones? Preferrably use for Iphone 8+ & Samsung Note 5. Also can be use for sports.

musicsg_com

Reaction score
Hi, Does anyone have any recommendation for bluetooth headphones? Preferrably use for Iphone 8+ & Samsung Note 5. Also can be use for sports.

Plantronics BackBeat FIT 505 on-ear headphones, S$169, nano-coated to be sweatproof.

Or Plantronics BackBeat 505, S$139, not sweatproof.
BackBeat FIT 305 at S$109, nanocoated.
If anyone is keen, buy from Ban Leong eStore with coupon code BLPLT20C to enjoy 20% discount.

Last edited:

d4rkw1sH

Reaction score
any recommendations for lower end ones? prolly around $50+/- currently my dad using the plantronics m70 it fits weird to the ear and the volume is damn soft even after adjustments to max. hes getting old already so having hearing problems too would like one that would be much louder and not have some weird ear tip rubber thingy.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.