HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Review of Cadence Cable by Fonebone

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-06-2013, 05:32 PM   #16

To the peeps asking me for Fonebone's contact. I dont want to just give out his contact just like that. Maybe you guys could PM him @ http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/users/356488/

cheers
alphaex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 12:29 AM   #17

Got my cable from Bro fonebone like 4-5 hours ago! Gotta admit that the cables seems durable!! Big thank you for him helping me to build one with a special jack for my bumper cased iPhone 5! Friendly service, able to help with my enquiries as much as possible! SUPPORT 10/10
empire177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 12:46 AM   #18

Got my cable from Bro fonebone like 4-5 hours ago! Gotta admit that the cables seems durable!! Big thank you for him helping me to build one with a special jack for my bumper cased iPhone 5! Friendly service, able to help with my enquiries as much as possible! SUPPORT 10/10
enjoy bro! Hahaha. He will tailor to your needs.
alphaex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 01:29 AM   #19
Arch-Supremacy Member

nice

got pics?

Basically what did you do? Just reterminate only right??

How does your ciem sound now??
RazorLotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:20 AM   #20

nice

got pics?

Huh? No arh... I bought the cadence cable from Bro fonebone! My tf10x4 mids are more forward, however the bass not as punchy as before I guess? However it's still good! Soundstage seems slightly smaller but maybe It's just because of the shifting of the mids Overall good change while still keeping that "exciting" sound
Old 03-07-2013, 08:42 AM   #21

nice

got pics?

Sorry ! This is the link of the picture http://imgur.com/5veBFhW.jpg
Old 03-07-2013, 12:21 PM   #22
Arch-Supremacy Member

Help you embed

Looks good

Is it the same one that ts bought?
Old 03-07-2013, 02:22 PM   #23

Help you embed

Looks good

Is it the same one that ts bought?
Yup! Cadence cable
Old 19-07-2013, 07:55 PM   #24

Cadence cable

Just got the cadence cable today, it looks really awesome and sounding good so far
luajunheng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2013, 08:40 PM   #25

Cadences Cable Review

I just got my Candences today from FoneBone and i have to comment on the "company's service". He is a really friendly guy and could put up with my crap and questions XP. He also accepted my requests to mark the cables blue and red, use a different jack and have an extra long wire (125cm) for no additional charges!!! I bought it for $125 by the way so it was totally worth! (it just something to take note of).

I am currently using the TF10s (non-reshelled). So I was previously using the stock cable (which makes the TF10s sound like crap compared to the Cadences) when the cable broke like the entire socket plug came off. So I decided to get a pair of custom cables as suggested by the guy at the service centre.

Now built quality: The wire is very good quality in my opinion, with the wire up to the splitter being slightly thicker than shoelaces (thus making it very sturdy. The wire from the splitter to the socket plug is about half in diameter but still very sturdy. The earguides are very soft and comfortable and sit on my ears very nicely and the chocker stays in place when you put it at a certain point (unlike the stock TF10 wire). Overall very nice and sturdy quality. The only flaw in the design in my opinion is that the plug is a bit hard to put in and take out from the socket (a bit annoying whilst comparing it to the stock cable) but in the end I don't think you will need to take out the wire anyway.

Ps.: FoneBone told me that it would last about 2 years or so but I reckon that it will last longer.

Pps.: They fit rather snugly in the stock case so yea.

Now on to the sound quality: Everything is clearer compared to my TF10's stock cable. Everything seems to be brought forward and I could focus on each instrument playing in the song and could stay on it (unlike the TF10s which felt clumped together and with no separation). Basically an overall step up from the stock TF10 cable (sorry I have nothing else to compare to XD.

In summary I would definitely recommend this wire if you have cash and feel like you need to step up a notch. Sorry if I "overcompared" the Cadences to the stock cable, I haven't heard any other cable XP. Thank you for reading my review and I hope that you consider buying this wire as it is truly awesome and badass.

Oh yes and I almost forgot cons: I think there should have been more colours and jacks to choose from and that the shape of the socket plug would fit slightly better with the TF10s and yup that's it.

Last edited by DylanBobylan; 19-07-2013 at 08:46 PM..
DylanBobylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2013, 07:37 AM   #26

Suddenly all the 1 post members start to jump in....
devilwahaha likes this.
Old 16-08-2013, 12:37 AM   #27

I also have a fonebone cadence. For the price, the service, the quality, and the sound, I'm not sure this can be beat.

I also can only compare to Stock although I've owned other cables (particularly twag) in the past, for different IEMs.

Compared to stock, I get better clarity and separation, which is what I'm looking for.
jelt2359 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2013, 12:47 AM   #28
Arch-Supremacy Member

Suddenly all the 1 post members start to jump in....
its like an army of clones
Old 16-08-2013, 02:13 AM   #29
High Supremacy Member

i tink i am the first in SG to have this cable =X
Rubick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2013, 02:25 AM   #30
Master Member

i tink i am the first in SG to have this cable =X
Coz u buey paiseh, kop Jenny's one.
Supposed to be a demo set.

Guan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.