Advancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 05:28 PM   #2
Arch-Supremacy Member

Old 02-03-2020, 11:26 PM   #3
Arch-Supremacy Member

Anyone upgraded from 2019 Galaxy Buds?
I am looking to replace mine soon.
Any reviews from you guys here?
Iím a new user of the buds and recently got the Buds+. I also have the AirPods 2 and Pro but comparing the Buds+ and AirPods 2, one is an in-ear earbud while the other is a regular earbud so isolation wise, itís obvious which is the winner.

But comparing to the AirPods Pro, the Pro has better isolation due to ANC and overall sound is a little better (by not too significantly) and more balanced. The Buds+ design is very compact is sound wise still pretty good in general, but the touch pad on the outside can get some unwanted Ďactivationsí especially when you need to put them on or do some minor adjustment.

Both Buds+ and AirPods pair seamlessly with my Note10+ and 11 Pro Max respectively but somehow I prefer the settings on the wearables app better than on iPhone as it has a bit more customisations and the interface is also more attractive.

All these being said, I think the Buds+ will make a great set of earphones for Samsung phone users especially.
Old 03-03-2020, 03:11 AM   #4
Master Member

Just upgraded from buds to buds+. Sound quality wise got slight improvement, might be placebo cos two drivers instead of one. But the batt life is much improved which is good. Prefer the old matt casing than this new glossy finish though.

Now waiting for my comply tips to ship from Amazon.
thumbtacked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 11:22 AM   #5
Master Member

i sold my buds for $90 and getting the new buds plus off carousell tonight for $170.
Hope the $80 spent is worthwhile.
Old 03-03-2020, 11:24 AM   #6
Master Member

Just upgraded from buds to buds+. Sound quality wise got slight improvement, might be placebo cos two drivers instead of one. But the batt life is much improved which is good. Prefer the old matt casing than this new glossy finish though.

Now waiting for my comply tips to ship from Amazon.
Which size comply tips did u buy?
Keen to share?
Old 05-03-2020, 07:41 AM   #7
Master Member

Got my buds plus yesterday. I do feel there is a slight difference in the sound quality.
Old 05-03-2020, 08:46 AM   #8
Greater Supremacy Member

The specs looks good especially the battery life, comparable with creative one. Just wondering how's the fit

Sent from Rem Isekai using GAGT
Illusionist_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 09:51 AM   #9
Master Member

I love the fit of the original Galaxy buds and the buds plus is no different.
Only change I realised is that the bud plus now comes with a softer silicon tip as compared to the 2019 version.
Would prefer the stiffer silicon from last year as that is easier when removing.
The current silicone tips tend to invert as I pull it out from my ear.
Old 05-03-2020, 01:19 PM   #10
Arch-Supremacy Member

I love the fit of the original Galaxy buds and the buds plus is no different.
Only change I realised is that the bud plus now comes with a softer silicon tip as compared to the 2019 version.
Would prefer the stiffer silicon from last year as that is easier when removing.
The current silicone tips tend to invert as I pull it out from my ear.
Yes I also noticed the inversion. The silicon eartips seemed quite thin too, but still provided a good seal.
Old 10-03-2020, 08:28 PM   #11
Supremacy Member

3rd software updates for buds+.. fire your wearable app now.
tohchr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 11:31 PM   #12
Arch-Supremacy Member

3rd software updates for buds+.. fire your wearable app now.
Wow thatís fast, recently updated to TB5 and now TC2.
tohchr likes this.
Old 11-03-2020, 12:16 AM   #13
Supremacy Member

Wow that*********s fast, recently updated to TB5 and now TC2.
I love the long battery life of this buds+. One advantage over AP pro is I need not carry my charging case with me for buds+. Sound quality is good for me, base suit my taste too. Previous had some connections issues but it was solved in TB5 firmware.
tohchr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 01:04 AM   #14
Arch-Supremacy Member

I love the long battery life of this buds+. One advantage over AP pro is I need not carry my charging case with me for buds+. Sound quality is good for me, base suit my taste too. Previous had some connections issues but it was solved in TB5 firmware.
I always have my charging cases with me as need to store and charge them regardless of how long Iíve used.

Buds+ is nice but I find AirPods Pro more balanced. I used dynamic for Buds+ and the highs are a little too bright but more depth. In normal mode sounds a little flat and clear mode reduces bass, but balances out the mids.

But sound really depends on the individual and also fitting of the device to your ears. To me AirPods Pro have better bass representation as Buds+ slightly lacking in that. Iíve no regrets purchasing the Buds+ as I used it only for my Note10+ and itís optimised for Samsung devices.
tohchr likes this.
Old 15-03-2020, 10:19 PM   #15
Arch-Supremacy Member

Seems like my Buds+ charging case wireless charging function not working. When placed on my wireless charger, the charging caseís light does light up red but doesnít charge at all.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.