SE535 or SE215

Charles93

Reaction score
Hi guys I'm a person that is really interested in good quality music and was wondering which one should I get it? Is it worth to get a SE535. Also anyone knows what does the two sound like compared to klipsch x10 (my previous daily driver) spoilt due to the audio jack

Sent from LGE LG-H815 using GAGT

John010

Reaction score
Hi guys I'm a person that is really interested in good quality music and was wondering which one should I get it? Is it worth to get a SE535. Also anyone knows what does the two sound like compared to klipsch x10 (my previous daily driver) spoilt due to the audio jack

In my memory the Shure is darker and more recessed sounding however, I've never compare them side by side. Comfort wise I would prefer the Klipsch over the Shure which you need to wear over the ears and I don't like the memory cable that came along with it. Durability wise I had more problems with Klipsch's strain relief and cable but I read the newer ones are improved in that aspect. I would suggest you try the JVC FX850 or FX750 woodies, personally I prefer them to Shure and Klipsch.

Honestly best to head down to a store like Stereo to try them all.

Charles93

Reaction score
In my memory the Shure is darker and more recessed sounding however, I've never compare them side by side. Comfort wise I would prefer the Klipsch over the Shure which you need to wear over the ears and I don't like the memory cable that came along with it. Durability wise I had more problems with Klipsch's strain relief and cable but I read the newer ones are improved in that aspect. I would suggest you try the JVC FX850 or FX750 woodies, personally I prefer them to Shure and Klipsch.

Honestly best to head down to a store like Stereo to try them all.
Thank you! Hmm so the 215 and 535 isn't that recommended?

beemer

Reaction score
Thank you! Hmm so the 215 and 535 isn't that recommended?

Those 2 have different drivers iirc. 215 is dynamic driver and 535 is balanced armature. Dynamic drivers tend to be more bassy then balanced armature.

I will pick 215 anytime. 215 is worth the the $$$.
Find shure to be more worth on the lower priced earpiece.. Can also consider audio tech IM series

But still just head down to stereo, jaben, or e1 to demo them.

Sent from Xiaomi MI NOTE LTE using GAGT

Charles93

Reaction score
Thank you! Okay I'll prolly head down to jaben and try it out

robolee

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i say none of them.

go try Sennheiser Momentum In-Ear or DUNU DN-1000

Jeremy1

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Maybe you should widen your choice to other brands.

Do visit the coming Mook

freddychin

Reaction score

Are you buying or is the person who tell you how it sound is buying ?

Go and test it yourself

You buy based on other hearing signature and not your own hearing signature

You are wasting bandwidth by posting a no logic question.

You are not thinking right and I am wondering will you ear it right

Last edited:

BoyNike

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I personally own a 215se it sound better than those normal earphones with 120 to 150 price point. I would say it's a value buy quite comfortable Long hrs of hearing still feels quite comfortable. However the worst thing is the cable.. Sometimes has intermittent sound. Too bad I bought it in jp so no warranty .

u can Google it up a lot of complains on the cable. After I replace with the cable with 3rd party everything is gd.

bberry

Reaction score
I personally own a 215se it sound better than those normal earphones with 120 to 150 price point. I would say it's a value buy quite comfortable Long hrs of hearing still feels quite comfortable. However the worst thing is the cable.. Sometimes has intermittent sound. Too bad I bought it in jp so no warranty .

u can Google it up a lot of complains on the cable. After I replace with the cable with 3rd party everything is gd.

can share which 3rd party cable u replaced it with? tia

BoyNike

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I bought from Taobao can do a search quite a lot of compatible cables

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.