Sennheiser IE800 vs Shure SE846

guolongx

Reaction score
Connect-IT having promo of Shure SE846, quote me $950 cash payment. Now IE800 is $990.. Dilemma liao.

I want a earphone that is not fatiguing to listen to, tahan me 7-8 hours flight as I will be flying overseas quite often due to work. I like to listen to acoustics and hear them plucking guitar strings one by one.. and I'm slight bass-head.

Going Japan next February, pricing on Fujiya-avic for IE800 is $700+ only, Shure about $950 also, same price in Singapore...

Which one to hoot??

Yureak

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
spend so much buy customs better... take it from an ex-846 owner

guolongx

Reaction score
spend so much buy customs better... take it from an ex-846 owner

Custom no resale value leh.. first time spending so much on IEM, want to take the safe route ma.. If not which customs u recommend around that pricing one?

iAHBEE

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Connect-IT having promo of Shure SE846, quote me $950 cash payment. Now IE800 is $990.. Dilemma liao.

I want a earphone that is not fatiguing to listen to, tahan me 7-8 hours flight as I will be flying overseas quite often due to work. I like to listen to acoustics and hear them plucking guitar strings one by one.. and I'm slight bass-head.

Going Japan next February, pricing on Fujiya-avic for IE800 is $700+ only, Shure about $950 also, same price in Singapore...

Which one to hoot??

Not sure if shure have international wty not, but the ie800 has. If u really want it immediately then just hoot from connectit, if can tahan till jp then buy there :o

guolongx

Reaction score
Not sure if shure have international wty not, but the ie800 has. If u really want it immediately then just hoot from connectit, if can tahan till jp then buy there :o

Ya, I planning to demo both, then if i really like the IE800 then I wait then go JPY buy.

TeamStereo

Suspended
Reaction score

Which one to hoot??

SQ different, even the fitting different.. Better to try first, bro. At the end of the day, the one that is more pleasing to your ears will win. But in the future, you decided to get a CIEM (that is also not par to your budget), you can now take a look at Unique Melody models. ;)

Last edited:

weng

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I wouldnt consider ie800 as fatique-free with its rather emphasized/peaky treble. 846 should be much better in that aspect. Both have considerable bass but different qualities. Basically both sound very different la. That's my imo. Go have a listen and decide ba.

GotBetrayed

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I would recommend w300 from null audio at 900. I feel that sq win se 846. Go down audit and try. At null audio, there is hidition NT - recording master, this model is like a reference model. To me ntrm sounds better than their flagship NT 6 and NT 6 pros. Null also got rooth, can try ls3 and ls4 and ls5 at your budget. These models not bad 1. Stereo has unique melody, would recommend um mage as well. Go give these models a try, I feel they all sound better than se 846. Shure to me is just some overpriced iem, universal somemore.

On top of that, there are silicon customs such as music two from sound waves studio, I feel custom art - music two sounds good as well, very liquid vocals, 1 of the most unique sound signatures ever.

Having said that to me, I feel w300 and hidition ntrm very close fight. I would pick w300 though.

Looking at your preference, w300 suits you the most. 846 and ie800 will be too warm for your liking. W300 excels in acoustics and brings the vocals very close to your ears. Ntrm is more tamed but the highs of the w300 extends further.

Last edited:

guolongx

Reaction score
I would recommend w300 from null audio at 900. I feel that sq win se 846. Go down audit and try. At null audio, there is hidition NT - recording master, this model is like a reference model. To me ntrm sounds better than their flagship NT 6 and NT 6 pros. Null also got rooth, can try ls3 and ls4 and ls5 at your budget. These models not bad 1. Stereo has unique melody, would recommend um mage as well. Go give these models a try, I feel they all sound better than se 846. Shure to me is just some overpriced iem, universal somemore.

On top of that, there are silicon customs such as music two from sound waves studio, I feel custom art - music two sounds good as well, very liquid vocals, 1 of the most unique sound signatures ever.

Having said that to me, I feel w300 and hidition ntrm very close fight. I would pick w300 though.

Thanks for the recommendations! I will definitely try them all out first before making my purchase.

Because this is my first major IEM purchase(I have a MrSpeakers Mad Dogs & Aune T1 for home use), and I drive, so I have little knowledge of IEMs(other than I was working part time in an online headphone store last year).

Was thinking to go the safe route to test all, then just hoot the se846, if after some time i don't like it, can sell away at little loss and buy others.

I heard very good things about AAW, but wait time is super long, so don't know want to hoot or not. I'll definitely try out the UM/Noble/AAW series and then the Shure 846 at last.

BTW: The C/IEMs must be driven reasonably well on my iPhone 5S, as I save up to hoot the AK100ii/ZX1.

Last edited:

GotBetrayed

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the recommendations! I will definitely try them all out first before making my purchase.

Because this is my first major IEM purchase(I have a MrSpeakers Mad Dogs & Aune T1 for home use), and I drive, so I have little knowledge of IEMs(other than I was working part time in an online headphone store last year).

Was thinking to go the safe route to test all, then just hoot the se846, if after some time i don't like it, can sell away at little loss and buy others.

I heard very good things about AAW, but wait time is super long, so don't know want to hoot or not. I'll definitely try out the UM/Noble/AAW series and then the Shure 846 at last.

Good things must wait long de. I ordered fitear 435 think will take at least 3 mths, around 6 mths to come. For your preferences I highly recommend aaw w300 and hidition NTRM. Can try both at null audio. And also, to maximise your potential of iems, get a decent dap like ibasso dx 90, Fiio x5 and x3 may be too warm sounding for your liking. But acoustics wise, guess w300 is the best at the 900 dollar price range. It comes with free vitnessee cable which is worth 249 sgd. Think this purchase quite worth.

My own experience with null: if cable spoil, repair is free, less than 3 days turnaround time. All other customs ask u buy new cable or super long wait for rma.

Oops, didn't see your zx1 and ak100 ii, if possible I would recommend dx90 over zx 1 any day. As for ak100 ii, would recommend ak120 instead. Well out of the 2 u have in mind, definitely ak... The zx 1 sound too digital for my liking.

Last edited:

Yureak

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Good things must wait long de. I ordered fitear 435 think will take at least 3 mths, around 6 mths to come. For your preferences I highly recommend aaw w300 and hidition NTRM. Can try both at null audio. And also, to maximise your potential of iems, get a decent dap like ibasso dx 90, Fiio x5 and x3 may be too warm sounding for your liking. But acoustics wise, guess w300 is the best at the 900 dollar price range. It comes with free vitnessee cable which is worth 249 sgd. Think this purchase quite worth.

My own experience with null: if cable spoil, repair is free, less than 3 days turnaround time. All other customs ask u buy new cable or super long wait for rma.

Oops, didn't see your zx1 and ak100 ii, if possible I would recommend dx90 over zx 1 any day. As for ak100 ii, would recommend ak120 instead. Well out of the 2 u have in mind, definitely ak... The zx 1 sound too digital for my liking.
If u get the free vitessee cable id like to buy off u

guolongx

Reaction score

Wow, u say the w300 and NTRM until so zai, I definitely must go try liao. What do u think of the UM Merlin? Are hybrids generally better than full BAs for acoustics??

GotBetrayed

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wow, u say the w300 and NTRM until so zai, I definitely must go try liao. What do u think of the UM Merlin? Are hybrids generally better than full BAs for acoustics??

Merlin and ls5x too much base. For acoustics I would say full ba. But that being said, se 846 tuning still on the warm side. Merlin base crowd out vocals and acoustics don't bother lol. Your best bet is with w300, the mids and highs are so overwhelming, even with fitear tg 334 I almost bought it lol.

guolongx

Reaction score
After hearing fitear I lost interest in all other ciems le. Lol. Whatever I hear don't come close to fitear.

Price range for custom fitear is more than 2k right? I can get universal fitear during my trip to japan, the tg334 costs about 1k, within my budget for iem also lol.

GotBetrayed

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Price range for custom fitear is more than 2k right? I can get universal fitear during my trip to japan, the tg334 costs about 1k, within my budget for iem also lol.

U can't find them anywhere in japan, my friend there now trying to find tg 334 too. Fitear in sg costs 2k plus yes. Best acoustics iem so far is fitear 435 at 2.7k. I love acoustics too, 435 > mh 334 > tg 334 > w300. Note
: if fitears didn't exist I would buy w300. I heard rooth, jh audio, unique melody, clear tune monitors, ue, etc. Really prefer w300 over all other brands except fitear

Last edited:

Jeremy1

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

TG334 is more than $1K and I don't know can you get it in Japan or not.

I tried IE800 and SE846 before and all are not to my liking.

Instead I preferred the UE900.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.