Should I get another set of earphones, need advise.

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys. I've been using a custom reshelled UM IEM (UE TF10 + 1 mid driver) for a few years, coupled with RSA Predator amp for my main rig and last year got a set of Earin wireless earbuds as my casual earphone. I've been using iPhones as my DAP all the time and currently using the 6s Plus as my DAP.

Now thinking of whether I should get another pair of wired earphones for my casual listening. Yesterday was at Sennheiser showroom at Marina Square and saw the IE800, but at a whopping $990! So anyone here got any experience with Sennheiser's IE series or should I get a lower-end or any other recommendations?

TIA.

Seth Lee

Reaction score
Code:
Hi guys. I've been using a custom reshelled UM IEM (UE TF10 + 1 mid driver) for a few years, coupled with RSA Predator amp for my main rig and last year got a set of Earin wireless earbuds as my casual earphone. I've been using iPhones as my DAP all the time and currently using the 6s Plus as my DAP.

Now thinking of whether I should get another pair of wired earphones for my casual listening. Yesterday was at Sennheiser showroom at Marina Square and saw the IE800, but at a whopping $990! So anyone here got any experience with Sennheiser's IE series or should I get a lower-end or any other recommendations?

TIA.

at that budget, there are plenty of better performing options.

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Code:

at that budget, there are plenty of better performing options.

Any suggestions? I only use earphones as headphones will trap heat around my ears and perspiration will soak the ear pads. Prefer good bass with clear treble.

musicdreamer

Reaction score
TS still going for customs or universal iems? Maybe with budget and preferences easier for bros here to give their recommendations. Really got many many brands and models to chose from.

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
TS still going for customs or universal iems? Maybe with budget and preferences easier for bros here to give their recommendations. Really got many many brands and models to chose from.

Dont think I'll get another customs, so universal it'll be. Budget maybe anything below $1k.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.