SKM RMA

kel1977

Reaction score
haha... usually is one to one exchange or repair ? have seen both cases before leh.... but dunno when will exchange happen ?

1 to 1 exchange only for items bought within 14 days.

Otherwise, it is going to be a repair.

Tornesoul

Master Member
Reaction score
i rma-ed my westone 1 before. quite ok leh, needed to wait for repair. just that the place dam ulu

ScVandMagix

Master Member
Reaction score
iRiver repair policy... is damn funny. Enjoy the wait, iRiver quite famous for their super turn around time.

I emailed Iriver and I talked to a few of those who RMA-ed on Headfi.

Seems like the problem can be easily resolved within 3-5 days (based on replies from Iriver) and this is corroborated by those who RMA-ed directly to Iriver - they got it back within 1-2 weeks !

So... if these are true, then we know where the bottleneck is :p

alamakazim

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the distributor here .,... will usually consolidate some sets

then send over for RMA

i buy iriver during the old old old mp3 days... always been the same

I got 1 time... rma back... still spoil... more than 2months

so nowadays.. if can get cheap export set... can consider it...

why pay so much extra for stupid RMA service

XcoldstarX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I emailed Iriver and I talked to a few of those who RMA-ed on Headfi.

Seems like the problem can be easily resolved within 3-5 days (based on replies from Iriver) and this is corroborated by those who RMA-ed directly to Iriver - they got it back within 1-2 weeks !

So... if these are true, then we know where the bottleneck is :p

Maybe you can ask iRiver if you can RMA directly. I think paying a bit for shipping is more worth it in this case.

ScVandMagix

Master Member
Reaction score
@alamakazim wah. still spoil then how ? rma again ?

@XcoldstarX already checked - they allow customers to RMA directly to them but need to pay shipping to them lo, they will pay for the shipping back tho.

And srsly, no one has positive experiences of rma-ing things back to SKM ? That's crazy !

kel1977

Reaction score
@alamakazim wah. still spoil then how ? rma again ?

@XcoldstarX already checked - they allow customers to RMA directly to them but need to pay shipping to them lo, they will pay for the shipping back tho.

And srsly, no one has positive experiences of rma-ing things back to SKM ? That's crazy !

If they allow direct RMA I think it is a wiser option unless you don't mind waiting for near 2 months through SKM.

ScVandMagix

Master Member
Reaction score
If they allow direct RMA I think it is a wiser option unless you don't mind waiting for near 2 months through SKM.

actually i dont mind shipping directly, BUT HOR, (touchwood) if anything happens during the transit, then how ah. the insurance for the delivery companies wont cover, that im sure.

Summer198569

Reaction score
I actually RMA my JH Rosie with SKM just a month ago...my JH Rosie is oxidising badly on the rose gold casing and damn ugly. I call SKM and they asked me to take a picture and send them. After a week, they ask me to bring down...and they ship it to JH for the engineer to check. 1 week later...they inform me will send me a brand new one...3more days after that, I was given a brand new sealed JH Rosie..

All in all from communication to actual replacement need a month...somemore their service center in woodland...drive there also need 30mins...zzzzzzz

But one think for sure, I copied JH customer team in US in the email loop, they ask me to ship to them with free shipping included...but I went with SKM any way...

boompipi

Reaction score
actually i dont mind shipping directly, BUT HOR, (touchwood) if anything happens during the transit, then how ah. the insurance for the delivery companies wont cover, that im sure.

With RMA service like that, it defeat the purpose of paying extra to buy locally.... They really need to pull up their socks.

ScVandMagix

Master Member
Reaction score
I actually RMA my JH Rosie with SKM just a month ago...my JH Rosie is oxidising badly on the rose gold casing and damn ugly. I call SKM and they asked me to take a picture and send them. After a week, they ask me to bring down...and they ship it to JH for the engineer to check. 1 week later...they inform me will send me a brand new one...3more days after that, I was given a brand new sealed JH Rosie..

All in all from communication to actual replacement need a month...somemore their service center in woodland...drive there also need 30mins...zzzzzzz

But one think for sure, I copied JH customer team in US in the email loop, they ask me to ship to them with free shipping included...but I went with SKM any way...

Is this considered like a positive recommendation HAHA.

ScVandMagix

Master Member
Reaction score
With RMA service like that, it defeat the purpose of paying extra to buy locally.... They really need to pull up their socks.

Ya, agree. But I'm just concerned about the insurance part - cos definitely declare less than S$400 to avoid GST but if anything happens, it's confirmed not covered as well :(

ScVandMagix

Master Member
Reaction score
Just got off call with SKM - so apparently they say last time AK products they liaised with Hong Kong side for repairs which resulted in the delays and they "recently" changed to Korea for repair services.

Anyone can verify or is it smoke ?

ScVandMagix

Master Member
Reaction score
ok to be fair to skm, set sent to korea on 17th sep and they told me today can collect liao.

quite fast ah :)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.