Sony 1000xm3

LIN_JOEL

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
tsk tsk...new pattern with 40$ shipping.....
dont forget need to factor in GST too..

Paisay never notice the shipping charges so high.

Btw I was in JB and say their launch promotion was MX3 Rm$1,599 (Approx $533 SGD) Free SRS-XB21 speaker.

waikiki

Reaction score
Shipping is $40. End up $440 for Korea set with no warranty. Worth it?

There is a 1 year international warranty honoured under the item q&a section. Extract of it over here:

We provide you 1 year international seller warranty from the receipt date only in Korea. 1) Who does the return pick up? If there is defect with the product within 15 days of receipt, we will arrange the Qxpress staff to go and pick it up for free. You do not need any action and all of repair fee is charged to the seller. There are two cases in which the buyer must send directly: (1) Inaccurately ordered by buyer mistake (2) After 15 days of receipt of the goods 2) Is it possible to exchange new items? If we and manufacture CS team think that there is a problem with the product within 15 days from the receipt date, we absolutly can exchange it with a new product. However, after 15 days, if there is a problem with the item, It can be repaired free of charge for one year only in Korea. (Warranty period may vary depending on the product, so please ask the seller)

Anything_Whatever

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
There is a 1 year international warranty honoured under the item q&a section. Extract of it over here:

We provide you 1 year international seller warranty from the receipt date only in Korea. 1) Who does the return pick up? If there is defect with the product within 15 days of receipt, we will arrange the Qxpress staff to go and pick it up for free. You do not need any action and all of repair fee is charged to the seller. There are two cases in which the buyer must send directly: (1) Inaccurately ordered by buyer mistake (2) After 15 days of receipt of the goods 2) Is it possible to exchange new items? If we and manufacture CS team think that there is a problem with the product within 15 days from the receipt date, we absolutly can exchange it with a new product. However, after 15 days, if there is a problem with the item, It can be repaired free of charge for one year only in Korea. (Warranty period may vary depending on the product, so please ask the seller)

International warranty for Sony product not worth.

For International warranty item.... send to local Sony Centre will incur service charge $32.10 for Sony headset.... component parts will be charged separately.

The last time I sent my 1000x to replace the broken headband, I paid $107/-

waikiki

Reaction score
International warranty for Sony product not worth.

For International warranty item.... send to local Sony Centre will incur service charge $32.10 for Sony headset.... component parts will be charged separately.

The last time I sent my 1000x to replace the broken headband, I paid $107/-

Based on extract, I think this one is sent back to the seller in Korea where he will do the warranty repairs with Sony KR, not the Sony TLW that we know of.

kennyboy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Such warranty isn't trustworthy. Online seller close shop you're out of luck.

waikiki

Reaction score
Such warranty isn't trustworthy. Online seller close shop you're out of luck.

Just have to go with reputable and long-standing sellers like Expansys. Korean sellers hmmm... Business close shops like no other business these days. Look at Newstead and now become Notsteady. Lol...

Last edited:

Anything_Whatever

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just have to go with reputable and long-standing sellers like Expansys. Korean sellers hmmm... Business close shops like no other business these days. Look at Newstead and now become Notsteady. Lol...

Sometime it is not the seller, more so on the logistic carrier....

If your returning goods is lost in transit you also llst...

waikiki

Reaction score
Sometime it is not the seller, more so on the logistic carrier....

If your returning goods is lost in transit you also llst...

I think there is a freight insurance as long as the shipping is beared by the seller. Need to determine who bears the RMA return and delivery shipping fees in the pre and post warranty repair.

waikiki

Reaction score
Good deal as Stereo's offering at here.

Local seller with 1 year local warranty at $519 and can still apply qoo10 $50 coupon. Stack with shopback and credit card cashback. Delivery is between 18 and 21 Oct.

In my opinion better deal than Expansys in qoo10 due to local warranty for peace of mind.

Last edited:

kennyboy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Good deal as Stereo's offering at here.

Local seller with 1 year local warranty at $519 and can still apply qoo10 $50 coupon. Stack with shopback and credit card cashback. Delivery is between 18 and 21 Oct.

In my opinion better deal than Expansys in qoo10 due to local warranty for peace of mind.
I got a feeling they are not selling local warranty sets. This is what I got from them when I asked.

https://www.qoo10.sg/gmkt.inc/goods/goods.aspx?goodscode=578679517

hihi, yes it is ship from singapore. as the supplier have run out of stock, we can only deliver after 17/10/18. For warranty claim, u can ship back to us with shipping fee covered n we will help u claim warranty from sony. :)

Last edited:

waikiki

Reaction score
Ok confirm not local Sony set. Whatsapp the seller, tell me story about how the sets are not meant for end customer. Aiyah so many pattern for what.

Wow sianz. Looks like wait for Stereo's better offer with their $50 off coupon. So far as a member I have yet to receive any Stereo's coupon.

waikiki

Reaction score
Was at Stereo today to have my hands-on audition of the XM3. The headphone is a disappointing experience. It lacks bite (or aggression), dynamism, sparkle and shine of the XM2. The sound signature was dark, tame and smooth over the XM2 which has been my constant driver day in day out. The headphone loses track of the instruments and resulted in an artificially bloated sound (the bass appears boosted and inflat) when all the instruments kick-in at the same time for the highs. For vocal, it is sweet and emotive in a simple setup but feel less warmth and not as forward as the XM2. I must admit the ANC is very good and a sharp improvement over the XM2. I couldnt hear any external voices at the cashier due to the good seal and bigger ear cup opening. Comfort is a joy on the XM3 and heat trap is significantly reduced than the XM2 during my 60-90 mins audition. However I will be keeping my XM2 for another year as sound quality is the soul and joy of the headphone. Sound is subjective and YMMV.

Last edited:

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Was at Stereo today to have my hands-on audition of the XM3. The headphone is a disappointing experience. It lacks bite (or aggression), dynamism, sparkle and shine of the XM2. The sound signature was dark, tame and smooth over the XM2 which has been my constant driver day in day out. The headphone loses track of the instruments and resulted in an artificially bloated sound (the bass appears boosted and inflat) when all the instruments kick-in at the same time for the highs. For vocal, it is sweet and emotive in a simple setup but feel less warmth and not as forward as the XM2. I must admit the ANC is very good and a sharp improvement over the XM2. I couldnt hear any external voices at the cashier due to the good seal and bigger ear cup opening. Comfort is a joy on the XM3 and heat trap is significantly reduced than the XM2 during my 60-90 mins audition. However I will be keeping my XM2 for another year as sound quality is the soul and joy of the headphone. Sound is subjective and YMMV.
yes more superior.. but SQ wise XM2 is better.. XM3 is darker

I heard the different just from YouTube and can tell the xm2 is way way better in term of SQ.

waikiki

Reaction score
I heard the different just from YouTube and can tell the xm2 is way way better in term of SQ.

XM3 SQ is like a drugged Bose QC35-2 with a tad better bass definition and power but lacks control in heavy instruments laden songs.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.