Sony 1000xm3

kennyboy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That bad eh? All those Youtube reviews all say differently. Paid reviews?

waikiki

Reaction score
That bad eh? All those Youtube reviews all say differently. Paid reviews?

Most of these reviews focus on the tech and ANC quality.

I dont claim to have golden ears but there are music that we are familiar with and always play them. I playback those same songs on the XM3 and immediately noted the difference in the SQ. XM2 may lose some clarity and spatial awareness in the process but in terms of overall musicality, balance and presentation, it fares better as these does not come across as light-weighted or fluffy. This may have to do with the DAC and amplifier for the overly smoothness and tameness on the XM3.

Last edited:

kennyboy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Most of these reviews focus on the tech and ANC quality.

I dont claim to have golden ears but there are music that we are familiar with and always play them. I playback those same songs on the XM3 and immediately noted the difference in the SQ. XM2 may lose some clarity and spatial awareness in the process but in terms of overall musicality, balance and presentation, it fares better as these does not come across as light-weighted or fluffy. This may have to do with the DAC and amplifier for the overly smoothness and tameness on the XM3.
I specifically note the SQ part of those video and written reviews. Overwhelmingly they say it's better. But dunno lah, wait till I get mine then see how. :(

waikiki

Reaction score
I specifically note the SQ part of those video and written reviews. Overwhelmingly they say it's better. But dunno lah, wait till I get mine then see how. :(

You can drop by Stereo and have a listen for yourself. I spent abt 60 to 90 mins in the shop playing back every HiRes songs on my P2 to gauge the SQ and come back feel short-changed. It made me felt and thought that I was going back to the Bose QC35.2 after the session.

theaudioguy

Reaction score
Have you tried Sennheier’s PXC550? I was doing a comparison test at ConnectIT previously. Pxc550 was a ‘forgotten’ model. Quite like the fit too 😂

kennyboy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Have you tried Sennheier’s PXC550? I was doing a comparison test at ConnectIT previously. Pxc550 was a ‘forgotten’ model. Quite like the fit too 😂
But I read the NC not as good, never really consider.

jackycar

Master Member
Reaction score
You can drop by Stereo and have a listen for yourself. I spent abt 60 to 90 mins in the shop playing back every HiRes songs on my P2 to gauge the SQ and come back feel short-changed. It made me felt and thought that I was going back to the Bose QC35.2 after the session.

60 to 90 mins???... Wah the staff there bei sian?

waikiki

Reaction score
60 to 90 mins???... Wah the staff there bei sian?

I played my own sweet time without bothering them. Why should they be bothered since they were busying serving other customers too. I was left alone on my own and listen to all I want. It was non-peak anyway.

jokerpoker81

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tried the new Sony 1000XM3. Really so much better than Bose QC35. Really beat it in terms of sound quality, noise cancelling and comfort.

The WH-1000 MX3 headphones cost $519 at Somerset 313 if you bargain a bit.

Have to pay full price to reserve a set as of now. no stocks available.

kennyboy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ok, after extensively testing against my XM2, I agree with most of the reviews so far. The sound quality is improved. Wider sound stage, slightly improved mids and highs, but the emphasis is still on bass. Earcups are slightly bigger, but not as comfortable as the QC35.

It's an upgrade for sure imho, but if your XM2 is still in good condition, stay with it.

Dreammusic

Reaction score
I emailed them last week as I missed the coupon (too many emails....:s22:) and the person replying the email hint another round may be coming soon. Wonder if can use the coupon on 2 different purchases....

Chips

Reaction score
I emailed them last week as I missed the coupon (too many emails....:s22:) and the person replying the email hint another round may be coming soon. Wonder if can use the coupon on 2 different purchases....

Can but u have to place as 2 separate orders else the discount amount only applies to the whole order -$50 only.

Audio

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tried to get one but it's completely sold out in SIN and in HKG.

Managed to find one at Nakano, Japan over the weekend. It was featured at the Fujiya Falls Headphone festival but it was not a sales item. Managed to get it off the Fujiya shop at Nakano Plaza.

Clearly the M3 is better than the M2.

For sound, it is more detailed. Unwrapped in the afternoon, brand new in box, battery lasted all the way till late night without charging. Lighter, better battery capacity, headband profile is now oval instead of round, ear cup is bigger too, more comfortable than ever. The gesture panel on the earpiece exterior is now smooth instead of textured, better feel and gesture controllability.

I have the Bose QC35, the Sennheiser PXC550, the Sony 1000WX M2 and now clearly M3 is the best. No wonder I got problem getting one.

(Audio)

Jason8811

Reaction score

Managed to find one at Nakano, Japan over the weekend. It was featured at the Fujiya Falls Headphone festival but it was not a sales item. Managed to get it off the Fujiya shop at Nakano Plaza.

For sound, it is more detailed. Unwrapped in the afternoon, brand new in box, battery lasted all the way till late night without charging. Lighter, better battery capacity, headband profile is now oval instead of round, ear cup is bigger too, more comfortable than ever. The gesture panel on the earpiece exterior is now smooth instead of textured, better feel and gesture controllability.

I have the Bose QC35, the Sennheiser PXC550, the Sony 1000WX M2 and now clearly M3 is the best. No wonder I got problem getting one.

(Audio)

Stereo got stocks, walked pass their roadshow at ps yesterday.

kennyboy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

(Audio)
Dunno why got some say it's lousier compared to the v2. Make me question myself.

But the ear cups still not as good as Bose. Why they dun just copy hehe.

jackycar

Master Member
Reaction score
Dunno why got some say it's lousier compared to the v2. Make me question myself.

But the ear cups still not as good as Bose. Why they dun just copy hehe.

Ya I don't get why ppl say XM2 sound quality better? XM3 clearly superior.

I also find it more comfortable than my Bose Qc35s.. Ear cup wise.

kennyboy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ya I don't get why ppl say XM2 sound quality better? XM3 clearly superior.

I also find it more comfortable than my Bose Qc35s.. Ear cup wise.
Maybe my ears too big :( Bose I can fit nicely, but XM3 still got wiggle around to stuff the ears in.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.